Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Experience using Bags VIP/United baggage delivery service

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 9, 2018, 3:39 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
United Baggage Delivery

Have your bags delivered with Baggage Delivery provided by BagsVIP
United now offers Baggage Delivery for flights originating from any U.S. airport and arriving at select U.S. airports, so you can skip the wait at the baggage carousel and go straight from your arrival airport to your actual destination, whether it's a home, hotel or office. You will receive your baggage within four hours after your flight’s arrival if your destination​ is located within 40 miles of the airport. If your destination is located more than 40 miles from the airport, you'll receive your baggage within six hours after the arrival of your flight. Destinations more than 100 miles from the arrival airport are not eligible for this service.

Here's how it works:
  1. Once you’ve completed your flight reservation, make your Baggage Delivery reservation here.
  2. Check your bags at the airport and pay any associated checked baggage service charges. Your bag tags will be encoded with your Baggage Delivery information.
  3. BagsVIP will deliver your baggage to the designated location within four to six hours after the arrival of your flight, depending on the location’s distance from the airport. Please note that delivery to a business will require a signature.
For more information, please review the FAQs and Terms & Conditions, or call 1-877-847-0045.
Related thread:United to deliver luggage (EWR-LHR) directly to 5 London Marriott hotels
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2013, 2:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA-gld HH-gld Marriot-gld Hertz-Pres Circle

http://www.chicagobusiness.com/artic...r-your-luggage

United Airlines launched a service today that will let passengers pay to have checked luggage delivered to their final destinations.

The service, BagsVIP, will enable passengers to skip baggage claim upon arrival and find their bags waiting on their doorsteps, offices or hotels. It is available within 100 miles of a passenger's arrival airport, the company said.

Initially BagsVIP will be available for customers departing from any domestic airport and arriving in Boston, Chicago, Honolulu, Houston, Los Angeles and Orlando, Fla., United said in a statement today. United said it plans to expand the service to more than 190 domestic airports in the coming months.

"Our customers have told us this type of option adds value to their travel experience," a United executive said in the statement.

The standard fees for delivery within a 40-mile radius are $29.95 for one bag, $39.95 for two bags and $49.95 for three to eight bags. There is a varying additional charge for longer distances, and the delivery fee is in addition to any other charges for checked luggage, United said.

Read more: http://www.chicagobusiness.com/artic...#ixzz2HhkpvCoh
Stay on top of Chicago business with our free daily e-newsletters
Old Jan 11, 2013, 2:49 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Interesting offering, I would be a bit concerned about the reliability until there is some history on this
Originally Posted by Phorever
"Our customers have told us this type of option adds value to their travel experience," a United executive said in the statement....
"and this is one we hope to make a bundle of money on."
Old Jan 11, 2013, 2:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA-gld HH-gld Marriot-gld Hertz-Pres Circle
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Interesting offering, I would be a bit concerned about the reliability until there is some history on this
"and this is one we hope to make a bundle of money on."
I am just excited UA is now "listening to out concerns"

In all honesty, I am not sure if I would ever use this benefit... but if you have kids, 5 bags, 49.95 isnt all too bad to have your things brought to you...

It's a clever idea
Old Jan 11, 2013, 2:58 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
I don't check luggage on business trips, but it's a great thing for family leisure trips. One less thing to be concerned about.
Old Jan 11, 2013, 3:02 pm

Programs: AS 100K
Didn't PMUA used to offer this service in partnership with UPS? Was a lot more expensive, as I recall.

I'm sure fellow FTer eightblack would have *loved* this service, judging by his latest trip report...
Old Jan 11, 2013, 3:09 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
I notice they don't give a time window after arrival for delivery ;-)
Old Jan 11, 2013, 3:10 pm

Programs: Now UA free!, AA Ex Plat, AS MVP, Marriott Titanium for life
Originally Posted by Phorever
http://www.chicagobusiness.com/artic...r-your-luggage

United Airlines launched a service today that will let passengers pay to have checked luggage delivered to their final destinations.

The service, BagsVIP, will enable passengers to skip baggage claim upon arrival and find their bags waiting on their doorsteps, offices or hotels.
Bolding= mine

Provided they offer some guarantee, I would do this for leisure travel. This statement implies the bags will be at your house/ hotel before you get there. I would ask the following:

1. Does the COC contiue to your delivery, or is there alternate insurance/ assurance?
2. What happens if they are not delivered in xx time?

I think both are key questions to understand.
Old Jan 11, 2013, 3:11 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
I think they offered baggage shipping from door to door, not picking it up at the airport and delivering it.

If I remember right, this was one of the surveys a year or so ago, asking if you would use it for this price or that price.

For just me I don't see it as much of a benefit, plus I live further than the set price from the airport and it would probably cost a fortune. But we have taken advantage of the deliver bags to the hotel in London several times, it was nice not to worry about them all day on the Tube, and for a family with kids, etc, this could be a huge benefit.

American has been doing it for a while and expanding, so it must be working for them.
Old Jan 11, 2013, 5:17 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
I think I might actually use this on the return leg of business trips when (if) they expand it to Denver - and I'd certainly think about it for leisure trips.
Old Jan 11, 2013, 5:20 pm

Programs: United 1K MM, Marriott LTPP
Sometimes when I check luggage I get it delivered to my home for free!
Old Jan 11, 2013, 5:22 pm

Programs: UA 1K, CO Plat, NW Plat, Marriott Premiere Plat, SPG Plat, Priority Gold, Hilton Gold
I would definitely use this if I'm wrestling with more baggage than I can comfortably handle on my own... not sure the value is there at $30 for one bag unless I'm in a definite rush to a meeting and it can just show up at my hotel later.
Old Jan 11, 2013, 5:32 pm

Programs: UA Plat, AS MVP, HH Gold, MR Gold
This actually is a good idea. I'm sure they're just using the same delivery firms that deliver misconnected baggage, so there's an infrastructure in place for them and a track record for customers.

Baggage claim is especially slow and miserable here at SEA. I've had more than one trip in the last year where the baggage was the reason I had to take a $70 cab ride instead of public transit to my house, or where the time at baggage claim was the difference between seeing the kids before bed and not. And when traveling with little kids, that extra half hour in the airport can be miserable!

Now, if only they could offer it as a benefit for 1Ks....
Old Jan 11, 2013, 6:19 pm

Programs: United Mileage Plus Premier
Great idea, one more chance for them to lose our bags and more opportunities for pilferage.
Old Jan 11, 2013, 6:21 pm

It is outsourced to the delivery companies by "Bags VIP."

Experiences are varied on AA...

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...ur-back-4.html

Liability is $500 per bag, $1000 total.

http://www.maketraveleasier.com/BagsVIP/FAQ

Last edited by cerealmarketer; Jan 11, 2013 at 6:26 pm
Old Jan 11, 2013, 9:10 pm

Originally Posted by cerealmarketer
It is outsourced to the delivery companies by "Bags VIP."

Experiences are varied on AA...

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...ur-back-4.html

Liability is $500 per bag, $1000 total.

http://www.maketraveleasier.com/BagsVIP/FAQ
Interesting. I believe they are the same company that handles Disney's airport bags as well at MCO. I've used Disney's bags service a few times but have never received my bags in my room before I checked in.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.