Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

RewardsPlus - Comp'ed Marriot/UA status {Archive}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 7, 2019, 5:55 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Print Wikipost

RewardsPlus - Comp'ed Marriot/UA status {Archive}

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2017, 12:05 pm

I am a Marriott Plat and have registered for the matching UA silver status three times (once back in the spring and twice in the past 14 days). I received a successful registration note and "please allow x days for your UA silver status to appear." Well I still do not see the status. Who do I contact, UA or MR? I do not see a Rewards Plus help contact.
Old Dec 14, 2017, 12:11 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by nova08
I am a Marriott Plat and have registered for the matching UA silver status three times (once back in the spring and twice in the past 14 days). I received a successful registration note and "please allow x days for your UA silver status to appear." Well I still do not see the status. Who do I contact, UA or MR? I do not see a Rewards Plus help contact.
I would start with MR since they made the offer to you.
Old Dec 14, 2017, 3:38 pm

Programs: American Airlines EXP, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by nova08
MR
Old Dec 14, 2017, 7:52 pm

Programs: Alaska 75K United 1K
Marriott Gold/UA 1K

Any word on whether UA and Marriott are offering 1K gold status for 2018?
Cant find anywhere
Old Dec 21, 2017, 11:10 am

Programs: UA Premier Gold, Starwood Gold, Plat AE, CO PP MC, Marriott Rewards Plat, Virgin Elevate Gold
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Was not confirmed until late December last year.
I see there was an announcement on Thursday, 12/22 last year.

Doesnt it seem odd that there wouldnt be ANY information on whether or not the program will continue or not?
Old Dec 21, 2017, 11:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by caseminole
I see there was an announcement on Thursday, 12/22 last year.

Doesnt it seem odd that there wouldnt be ANY information on whether or not the program will continue or not?
Why would it be odd if you yourself observed (first line of your post) no announcement was made until Thursday, 12/22 last year? It might be odd if 2017 continuation was announced in September of last year
Old Dec 21, 2017, 11:52 am

Programs: UA Premier Gold, Starwood Gold, Plat AE, CO PP MC, Marriott Rewards Plat, Virgin Elevate Gold
Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH
Why would it be odd if you yourself observed (first line of your post) no announcement was made until Thursday, 12/22 last year? It might be odd if 2017 continuation was announced in September of last year
I understand your point.

I guess it would be more odd if we hear nothing by the close of business tomorrow then.
My other point being, why wait so long to make an announcement either way?
They MUST know whether its going to continue or not, and personally, I am waiting to see if i need to apply any FEQM from the Prez+ card to get status for next year
Old Dec 21, 2017, 12:05 pm

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
... I guess it would be more odd if we hear nothing by the close of business tomorrow then. ....
Another perspective is, as a multi-year ongoing program, the only issue would be if it was not planned to continue.
....I am waiting to see if i need to apply any FEQM from the Prez+ card to get status for next year
Probably an issue for a very tiny portion of the population. Additionally don't you have until March of next year to backdate that transfer ?
Old Dec 21, 2017, 12:29 pm

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Another perspective is, as a multi-year ongoing program, the only issue would be if it was not planned to continue.
Probably an issue for a very tiny portion of the population. Additionally don't you have until March of next year to backdate that transfer ?
Yes, I guess you are right. And I forgot about that. I can backdate the miles transfer up until March! thanks for the reminder!
Old Dec 21, 2017, 7:06 pm

I just qualified for UA gold for the first time. Is there any reason I should hold off on registering for Marriott gold now, and wait until the new year? If not, I'll set aside some time to submit the request tonight.
Old Dec 21, 2017, 7:17 pm

wat until Jan 10

Originally Posted by eeflyer
I just qualified for UA gold for the first time. Is there any reason I should hold off on registering for Marriott gold now, and wait until the new year? If not, I'll set aside some time to submit the request tonight.
Do you have any Marriott stays planned???
even if an affiliation was discontinued , I think there would be an announcement with a little time to act .
If you " qualify " in January , then you have it a whole year.

if anyone was going to discontinue it would be Marriott. UA gives only silver to Marriott Plats. Marriott is much more generous in giving elites to united elites.
Marriott seems to want to pare down mid tier and especially platinum elite.

I agree that there would have been an announcement ending a long time arrangement If your particularlly anxious , do it Jan 3 , not 10. Also if it were discontinued even more reason to hold off 11 days. At least you'd get the UA silver for a full year.
Old Dec 21, 2017, 7:19 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
I'd just register now. MR status has rolled over automatically for me in years past (this year I qualified independently for MR Plat).
Old Dec 21, 2017, 11:39 pm

This program I really like.
I'm UA Plat 1K .
I like the amenities of Gold Elite .
From Marriotts point of view , they won too as I stayed for over 20 room nights to take advantage of the deal.
Its a "win win" for me!
Old Dec 22, 2017, 12:02 am

Hi, thanks for the replies!

Originally Posted by writetorich
Do you have any Marriott stays planned???
even if an affiliation was discontinued , I think there would be an announcement with a little time to act .
If you " qualify " in January , then you have it a whole year.

if anyone was going to discontinue it would be Marriott. UA gives only silver to Marriott Plats. Marriott is much more generous in giving elites to united elites.
Marriott seems to want to pare down mid tier and especially platinum elite.

I agree that there would have been an announcement ending a long time arrangement If your particularlly anxious , do it Jan 3 , not 10. Also if it were discontinued even more reason to hold off 11 days. At least you'd get the UA silver for a full year.
Yes, I have a stay Dec 28.

Originally Posted by Kacee
I'd just register now. MR status has rolled over automatically for me in years past (this year I qualified independently for MR Plat).
Okay great.

Based on how I read the quoted question from the FAQ, since I just qualified this month, I technically earned UA Gold for 2018, so my MR should rollover in January anyway, right?
Old Dec 22, 2017, 12:17 am

... Based on how I read the quoted question from the FAQ, since I just qualified this month, I technically earned UA Gold for 2018, so my MR should rollover in January anyway, right?
Assuming no unexpected change, yes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.