Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

RewardsPlus - Comp'ed Marriot/UA status {Archive}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 7, 2019, 5:55 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Print Wikipost

RewardsPlus - Comp'ed Marriot/UA status {Archive}

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2017, 9:35 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH
Not sure why you would have gotten a "trial" if you are Marriott Plat and registered here:

https://mrrewardsplus.com/en_US/
Yeah I registered, and got the confirmation that it had gone through.

On my account's premier progress page, it said that my status would be extended once UA had verified my Marriott status. Guess I'm going to have to call. Let's see how many attempts it takes...
Old Mar 9, 2017, 9:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by WWads
Yeah I registered, and got the confirmation that it had gone through.

On my account's premier progress page, it said that my status would be extended once UA had verified my Marriott status. Guess I'm going to have to call. Let's see how many attempts it takes...
Yeah, just sounds like it's taking time. I'd call to make sure it's still in the works.
Old Mar 9, 2017, 1:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by adamzook
I am about to become a Marriott Platinum via status match and the first thing I will do is to claim my United Silver status. When you receive Silver this way to you get the PQM's, PQD's and PGS's for this? I'm guessing the answer is no but am hopeful that this will help me get to Gold faster.
Do you get PQM, PQD and PQS for what?

You receive silver status, and you'll get the above when you fly on United or other partners that you can credit to your UA account. If you're asking if you get any Premier-qualifying anything for Marriott stays, that answer is no.
Old Mar 9, 2017, 8:51 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Marriott agent had to manually push it through, but I got Silver back. This time it doesn't appear to be temporary.

I wasn't impressed with UA customer service. Apathetic bordering on hostile.
Old Mar 14, 2017, 4:25 pm

Programs: American Airlines EXP, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by WWads
Marriott agent had to manually push it through, but I got Silver back. This time it doesn't appear to be temporary.

I wasn't impressed with UA customer service. Apathetic bordering on hostile.
I too had MileagePlus Silver (through Marriott Platinum and RewardsPlus at the beginning of this year) which somehow mysteriously disappeared in the last 10 days or so. I called Marriott Rewards today, and they had to call United and ask them to re-apply United Silver status. Glad to report that it worked and took around 8 hours.
Old May 19, 2017, 12:56 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Well darn. All this time, I thought that my accounts were linked. I went to check in for flight and it came up to charge me for my bag. I checked my United account and didn't see anything. But I was 100% sure that I linked them already when I did the SPG-Marriott connection. I did this soon after. Am I losing my mind or is it possible that it fell off on March 1st? Maybe Marriott didn't update them since I had matched status that carried over into the next year?

Oh. I just saw the post above mine. Let me call Marriott and have them fix this. I just did a quick search for the time frame for it to be updated. Not if it had happened for others this year.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; May 19, 2017 at 2:09 pm Reason: merging Update post by same member
Old May 19, 2017, 3:29 pm

Originally Posted by cdancer20
Well darn. All this time, I thought that my accounts were linked. I went to check in for flight and it came up to charge me for my bag. I checked my United account and didn't see anything. But I was 100% sure that I linked them already when I did the SPG-Marriott connection. I did this soon after. Am I losing my mind or is it possible that it fell off on March 1st? Maybe Marriott didn't update them since I had matched status that carried over into the next year?

Oh. I just saw the post above mine. Let me call Marriott and have them fix this. I just did a quick search for the time frame for it to be updated. Not if it had happened for others this year.
Hope it gets sorted out as easily as it did for me. Please post result of call to Marriott Rewards for the forum!
Old May 19, 2017, 3:34 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Thanks. I will try to remember too. My trip is tomorrow so it has less than 24 hours to sort itself out. I did call. The woman said it had to be renewed each year but I read her the FAQs that directly said they do not. She didn't know that. I asked if it could be expedited and she said that she could ask the woman that does it there to try to push it through. She didn't sound too confident that it could be done faster but we'll see.

Hopefully, I'm not hitting a wall due to it being weekend. I really don't want to pay for bags for my trip tomorrow! That's the main reason we chose United over other airlines. I just keep trying to remember though if I really did sign up or not. I don't remember and no email trail that I can find.
Old May 19, 2017, 4:03 pm

Update. Just checked my United account and it's been updated already! So that took about 3 hours. Checked in for flight and didn't see the baggage fees for myself or my SO on same ticket. That worked out well!
Old May 20, 2017, 1:10 pm

Originally Posted by cdancer20
Update. Just checked my United account and it's been updated already! So that took about 3 hours. Checked in for flight and didn't see the baggage fees for myself or my SO on same ticket. That worked out well!
^
Old May 20, 2017, 5:23 pm

After all of that, my husband and I ended up getting a small free upgrade. I was a little shocked when they called our names. We got moved to an exit row so the extra space was nice.
Old May 22, 2017, 3:47 am

Programs: UA GS 1.7MM, Hyatt Lifetime Glob, Marriott Titanium/Lifetime Platinum
I take full advantage of this program as a UA GS and appreciate the Marriott Platinum benefits. If an intended outcome of this partnership is to have me stay at more Marriotts, it was worked - my stays are up considerably (although, admittedly, not enough to earn Plat status the old fashioned way).

Question: my daughter is GS via my Million Miler status. Is she entitled to sign up for Rewards Plus and Platinum status? I would assume so, but...
Old May 22, 2017, 5:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by CopperSteve
Question: my daughter is GS via my Million Miler status. Is she entitled to sign up for Rewards Plus and Platinum status? I would assume so, but...
She's a UA GS. Marriott cares not how she attained that status. f course she is entitled!
Old May 22, 2017, 5:59 am

Programs: UA GS 1.7MM, Hyatt Lifetime Glob, Marriott Titanium/Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by Xyzzy
She's a UA GS. Marriott cares not how she attained that status. f course she is entitled!
That's what I was hoping. ^ Another GS hogging a Marriott lounge near you...
Old May 22, 2017, 7:57 am

Originally Posted by CopperSteve
That's what I was hoping. ^ Another GS hogging a Marriott lounge near you...
And SPG Plat also!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.