Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

RewardsPlus - Comp'ed Marriot/UA status {Archive}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 7, 2019, 5:55 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Print Wikipost

RewardsPlus - Comp'ed Marriot/UA status {Archive}

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2014, 7:35 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, AA GLD
Originally Posted by 2tall4economy
arg.

I just read this now about 2 weeks after cashing out 1.1M marriott points for marriott gift cards (for the hotels I use for work and vacation the gift cards are actually a better value than staying on points).

But having 1.1M UA points would have gotten me something like $12000 vs the $4000 I got for the points...

damn damn damn damn
If it makes you feel any better, you wouldn't have gotten 1.1M UA miles, as they don't transfer 1:1 from MR to UA. Looks like max would've been four 7 night travel packages, for a total of 28 days in category 1-5 hotels and 528,000 UA miles.
Old Jan 25, 2014, 7:44 am

Programs: AA LTG, Marriott LTP. 50% Delta LTS, Working on Hyatt LTD
Originally Posted by rob_flies_ua
If it makes you feel any better, you wouldn't have gotten 1.1M UA miles, as they don't transfer 1:1 from MR to UA. Looks like max would've been four 7 night travel packages, for a total of 28 days in category 1-5 hotels and 528,000 UA miles.
Ah right, forgot about that route. 528k would have been mighty nice, even if I just let the hotel nights die a slow death unused.

That said, at least I'll have UA silver now, which is impossible for me otherwise given my company.
Old Feb 7, 2014, 7:49 am

Programs: ua 1k
site is up
Old Feb 7, 2014, 9:25 am

I've tried two different iPads and can't get the "Accept Terms" box to check. Anyone else having this problem?
Old Feb 7, 2014, 11:05 am

Originally Posted by rolltide2
I've tried two different iPads and can't get the "Accept Terms" box to check. Anyone else having this problem?
I have had more luck with marriott.com on IE vs. Chrome.

Which has nothing to do with ipads, but it does demonstrate the variability.
Old Feb 7, 2014, 12:32 pm

Programs: UA 1K | Bonvoy Ambassador | WN A-List | Avis First | Hertz PC
I was having some trouble with the new site accepting my MP PIN but, after a page reload it seemed to accept my password instead.

One important FAQ from the new RewardsPlus site:

15. If I registered and was granted complimentary Marriott Rewards Gold Elite status through RewardsPlus and have re–qualified for MileagePlus Premier Gold® status or higher for the following year, will I need to also re–register my request for complimentary Gold Elite status for the following year?

No. Members who have already registered for and received complimentary Marriott Rewards Gold Elite status through RewardsPlus in a calendar year and who qualify for MileagePlus Premier Gold® status or higher for the following calendar year will have their previous registration with RewardsPlus automatically renewed and will receive complimentary MileagePlus Premier Silver status for the following calendar year.
Looks like a copy/paste error from United, but I believe that is supposed to say "will receive complementary Marriott Rewards Gold Elite status for the following calendar year."
Old Feb 7, 2014, 7:49 pm

Ok so when I tried it the site listed a marriott number which was not mine. It tells me I need call marriott to sort it out.

How can united determine what my marriott number by my MP#, password and email address? The email address is the same one I have registered with my marriott account.
Old Feb 7, 2014, 9:12 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by kmcbrid2
.... How can united determine what my marriott number by my MP#, password and email address? The email address is the same one I have registered with my marriott account.
Maybe UA shares that info with Marriott and Marriott makes an educated guess based on matches.
Old Feb 7, 2014, 9:52 pm

Just don't know they don't allow you to enter your own Marriott# instead of them trying to guess?

Has anyone else had this issue or is just me?
Old Feb 8, 2014, 10:10 am

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Originally Posted by B6UA
I was having some trouble with the new site accepting my MP PIN but, after a page reload it seemed to accept my password instead.

One important FAQ from the new RewardsPlus site:

Looks like a copy/paste error from United, but I believe that is supposed to say "will receive complementary Marriott Rewards Gold Elite status for the following calendar year."
And as a follow up, got an email this morning titled "Continue to enjoy RewardPlus benefits in 2014"

Congratulations on earning MileagePlus® Premier® Platinum status. The perks don’t stop there. Since you already registered for RewardsPlus last year, you’ll also continue to enjoy complimentary Marriott Rewards® Gold Elite status in 2014. You do not need to re-register. We appreciate your loyalty and hope you will enjoy all of the great benefits of MileagePlus and Marriott Rewards at destinations worldwide.
Old Feb 8, 2014, 10:31 am

Programs: UA Gold-1MM, Hhonors Diamond, Marriott/SPG Gold
Originally Posted by jasonvr
And as a follow up, got an email this morning titled "Continue to enjoy RewardPlus benefits in 2014"
Conversely, I signed up for RewardPlus last year as a UA 1K and got some status with Marriott, BUT did not re-qualify with UA and thought it was generous of UA to give me a soft landing to Silver. Well, think again, but boy am I glad I signed up.

"Make the most of your travel with MileagePlus and Marriott Rewards

Because you are a loyal Marriott Rewards® member, we are excited to extend your complimentary MileagePlus® Premier® Silver status for another year. You do not need to re-register and your 2014 Premier Silver status should be reflected in your account. Enjoy the benefits of MileagePlus Premier Silver status like Economy Plus® and Premier AccessSM throughout 2014. We look forward to welcoming you on board soon."
Old Feb 8, 2014, 8:35 pm
aku

Programs: UA 1MM, Marr/SPG LT Plat, HH Gold, IC Amb, Hyatt Gold, Hertz 5*, BW LT Diam
Originally Posted by ssnh
site is up
Cool. Wish it had come up a week earlier, in time for my latest Marriott stay, but the registration was smooth. I've never tried to qualify for Marriott status because the requirements are just too high (50 nights, for second-tier status?) And as a MM, it looks like I'm a Marriott Gold for as long as they have this agreement. Any time I can get next-to-top status for nothing, it's a good deal.
Old Feb 8, 2014, 11:08 pm

Programs: QR P; HH D; IHG SpAmb
Originally Posted by jasonvr
Same here, not sure whether a new card will arrive, too, but guess that's not absolutely necessary. Now i just need to find a valid LNF claim for the Marriott in Amman the week after next, already had two declined...
Old Feb 8, 2014, 11:20 pm

Originally Posted by kmcbrid2
Ok so when I tried it the site listed a marriott number which was not mine. It tells me I need call marriott to sort it out.
so no one else having this problem?

Last edited by kmcbrid2; Feb 10, 2014 at 6:22 am
Old Feb 10, 2014, 6:26 am

So has anyone been able to sign up online? I just called Marriott in regards to my issue and the rep told me that they are not accepting any sign-ups until 24 Feb. I asked the rep to just confirm that they are not accepting sign-ups until 24 Feb and he stated his manager had confirmed it.

Strange if people are able to sign up online but Marriott is saying it is not open until the 24th.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.