Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

RewardsPlus - Comp'ed Marriot/UA status {Archive}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 7, 2019, 5:55 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Print Wikipost

RewardsPlus - Comp'ed Marriot/UA status {Archive}

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15, 2013, 10:59 am

Programs: UA - 1K, Marriott - Gold, Hilton - Gold, Global Entry,
This is a nice benefit. I got gold status with marriott on a challenge last year, but I'm not going to be staying 50 nights/yr at marriott so I was going to lose it after this year unless they offered me another challenge. This will let me shift some of my travel to Hyatt to get status there and then I'll have the option of Marriott or Hyatt. The only lounge I thought was overcrowded was at the Amsterdam Marriott. I think it was more crowded from selling concierge level rooms to kettles (do you use the same term for non-status hotel guests) than MR golds.
Old Jul 15, 2013, 11:00 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, Global Entry, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by as219
Does this effectively mean that MMs and their significant others will have "lifetime" Marriott Gold/Platinum status as well?
Apparently so. I'm the SO of a MM and I just registered for the program. My husband is already a Marriott Platinum, but I have no status, so it benefits me.
Old Jul 15, 2013, 11:00 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Question -- any thoughts on if this will impact the Chase Club/PP credit card Hyatt Platinum match?

Hyatt and Marriott are two properties I tend to be at, so this is a ^ especially since due to the way my lodging is handled I tend not to get room night credit and struggle to achieve status levels.
Old Jul 15, 2013, 11:04 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Nexus, GE
I'm just curious if anyone has seen their Marriott status updated. I know the website says 7-10 business days, but just curious as I have travel in a week and a half.
Old Jul 15, 2013, 11:09 am

Programs: Hyatt GLOB, Marriott Lifetime PLT, UA 1K 1MM.
Originally Posted by astroflyer
I'm just curious if anyone has seen their Marriott status updated. I know the website says 7-10 business days, but just curious as I have travel in a week and a half.
haha i'm checking into a marriott on thursday. not holding my breath.
Old Jul 15, 2013, 11:12 am

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by FLYDCA
The exclusivity of the lounge experience is often diminished by the current high level of utilization both at Marriott lounges and United Club as well. The concept of a peaceful or exclusive lounge especially in North America is not often found.
Have you considered FBOs?
Old Jul 15, 2013, 11:14 am

Programs: SPG Plat
Originally Posted by Shareholder
I suspect in negotiations, both companies swapped databases of their elites and did a match, identifying how many newbies it would actually result in, as well as the increased demands this would generate on each partner.
Yep, when I followed the link and put in my MP number it linked my MR number automatically. How did they know (lol)

Like a few others, I'm happy with my SPG status and perks but nice to have a little fall back for those times a Marriott works out better. Don't see using it much, but you never know.
Old Jul 15, 2013, 11:16 am

Programs: DL PM, UA PS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
I am currently challenging for Premier Plat and was unable to register. Hopefully I'll be able to once I've completed the challenge.
Old Jul 15, 2013, 11:16 am

Programs: not anymore! I'm FREE!
Originally Posted by mherdeg
Have you considered FBOs?
Huh?
Old Jul 15, 2013, 11:18 am

Programs: SPG Plat
And just got a MP e-mail about the whole deal. Love how we are ahead of the game here on FT
Old Jul 15, 2013, 11:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by iflyuaaa
useless when you have lifetime on both already, however, SOOOOOOO glad it wasn't a huge negative. i guess that will come shortly after. since this was a +, we all know there's a - coming.
I fail to see how in this case (hotel benefits) that we know a negative is coming.

I fail to see how this is useless for those FFs who don't already have status at Marriott.

Perhaps all of the UA Golds and above sleep in campsites when traveling?

Programs: UA 1K MM, Accor Plat, Htz PC, Natl ExEm, other random status
Originally Posted by snic
Fixed Base Operator, i.e., the place where one goes to board one's private jet.

E.g.: https://www.signatureflight.com/Pages/Default.aspx

Point: mherdeg

Greg

Programs: United 1K, AA Plat Exec, DL Plat, Marriott Titanium Lifetime Elite, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Any idea what happens to those of us who are 1k and Plat (with MR)...do we get anything other than the discounted xfer rate?
Old Jul 15, 2013, 11:21 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, IHG Plat Amb, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by bob_the_d
haha i'm checking into a marriott on thursday. not holding my breath.
I am also arriving in SJU on Sunday and staying at a RC. I called and was told that it could take up to 7 days but could be sooner. Also holding my breath.
Old Jul 15, 2013, 11:23 am

Programs: HH Silver, MR Plat Prem & LT Plat, Hyatt Plat,SPG Plat, Hertz PC, National EE, UA 1K
Originally Posted by lost*in*cyberspace
Apparently so. I'm the SO of a MM and I just registered for the program. My husband is already a Marriott Platinum, but I have no status, so it benefits me.
WOW...THIS IS HUGE too!

Next year I have travel w/ MrsPP40, TeenPP40, LittleTykePP40, and Mom/DadPP40. We will need 2 rooms-one a suite w/2 bedrooms. NOW, I will get ONE room under my name, (Plat prem), ONE room under MrsPP40 (MM UA spouse, soon to be Marriott GOLD! ). Now we will ALL get lounge access! Woohoo!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.