Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

RewardsPlus - Comp'ed Marriot/UA status {Archive}

Old Mar 7, 2019, 5:55 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Print Wikipost

RewardsPlus - Comp'ed Marriot/UA status {Archive}

Old Jul 15, 2013, 5:10 am

Programs: UA GS
Thanks Aaron......... . great news
Old Jul 15, 2013, 5:14 am

Originally Posted by wxlvr
Does that mean that a MP Gold member could make Marriott Platinum with only 25 nights?
No.

b. In the Marriott Rewards Program: Members who receive complimentary Gold Elite status in the Marriott Rewards Program through the RewardsPlus Program may reach higher Elite status levels, but only by reaching the published qualification requirements as set forth in the Marriott Rewards Elite program. Gold Elite status in the Marriott Rewards Program that is granted through the RewardsPlus Program may not be combined, added or stacked with any elite qualification requirements to achieve a higher Elite status level in the Marriott Rewards Program. For more information, please visit www.marriott.com/rewards/member-benefits.mi
https://secure.unitedmileageplus.com...tusMatchTC.jsp

Same goes the other way too.
Old Jul 15, 2013, 5:16 am

a change a LIKE...thanks!^
Old Jul 15, 2013, 5:27 am

Programs: Over-entitled UA 1.3MM Gold, AA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott L-T Plat, Hertz PC
Thumbs up

At least this is not a reduction in benefits...

Thanks, UA
Old Jul 15, 2013, 5:28 am

Programs: United 1K, MR Plat, SPG Plat
I was curious how Marriott and United would respond to the Delta/Starwood partnership announced earlier this year. Like some others, I really thought it would be Hilton and United, since Hilton lets you earn miles and points and Marriott makes you choose one or the other.

The fact that Plats with Marriott get complimentary Premier Silver status on United may have a significant impact. Lots more competition for E+ @ checkin!

Marriott's lounges are already over crowded. Can't wait to see how the influx on newly minted Golds from MP increases the numbers and decreases the offerings. Golds and Plats also get upgrades at Marriott. With the new increase in Golds, I am sure upgrades will be a lot harder to come by.

Regards,

RIP...
Old Jul 15, 2013, 5:28 am

Location: AA Gold/Million Miler,DL dirt,UA1K/Million Miler;Honors Silver,Marriott Gold;Avis Preferred,Hertz Prez Circle, Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by jeebus
Excellent new benefit! Just registered...

With this UA-MR partnership and the previously announced DL-SPG reciprocity, I wonder if AA/US is working on something as well.
Actually DL sent me invitation on the 10th for Club Carlson Gold Elite Status, which also gives me 1K bonus miles for 1st stay btw 7/29-9/30 and extended Gold status thru 2/28-15 if 3 stays by 12-15 so I'm guessing AA/US will present something soon.
Old Jul 15, 2013, 5:38 am

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
Great add, and Marriott has a much larger footprint than SPG, which really makes this program useful.
Old Jul 15, 2013, 5:40 am

Programs: UA 1.6MM
So, wait... what about lifetime Premier Gold (the 1MM folks), will they also get Marriott Gold?
Old Jul 15, 2013, 5:44 am

Wow, seems like a great promotion! Just registered...
Old Jul 15, 2013, 5:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by DWFI
Well, that's a major disaster averted for the moment.
Except for UA silvers will not be happy

Originally Posted by wxlvr
Does that mean that a MP Gold member could make Marriott Platinum with only 25 nights?
Its the same as any other comped status. Does not get nights applied towards higher status
Old Jul 15, 2013, 5:47 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Billiken
At least this is not a reduction in benefits...

Thanks, UA
^^
Old Jul 15, 2013, 5:52 am

Programs: United Million Mile Flyer, Hilton Silver, Marriott Gold, DL, AA WN
Originally Posted by tarheelnj
Stay tuned for responses from existing 50+ night Marriott Golds (and higher) who already experience overcrowded lounges and aren't going to like this at all.
As a pmUA Million Miler, this seems like it will be good for me. I am Hilton Gold, but since I also stay at Marriott (with no status) I will sign up in order to be the same at Marriott. Every little perk helps, and I appreciate it when I am upgraded, get free internet, breakfast, etc.

There is always a down side. Now, it seems that there will just be more people seeking a limited pool of upgraded Marriott perks.

The bright side is that maybe the co dba ua management is rethinking its belief that there are too many "over entitled elites" - except that this "new" program seems to put the burden on Marriott without too much that UA has to add.
Old Jul 15, 2013, 5:53 am

Programs: UA 1K, Delta Plat, AA Plat, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Courtesy Card
I will admit it, but I was completely and totally wrong. This is actually a great addition to MileagePlus. I have been moving all my stays to Marriott since Hilton devalued to Hiltonpesos and I'm pretty excited to hear about this. Thank you, Aaron.
Old Jul 15, 2013, 5:54 am

Programs: UA 1K MM | Marriott LTT | National Car EE
i already stay with Marriott as my primary. would be nice if there was something additional for the Marriott Plats. the prospect of transfer bonus for the air/hotel Marriott package is good, meaning better than 1:1 at the maximized redemption?
Old Jul 15, 2013, 6:00 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plt, Hilton Gold, BA Silver, GE
I really hope Marriott has a way to distinguish between earned versus reciprocated MR Gold members... Lounges will be even more packed, upgrades tougher, etc.

This change helps some, no impact on some others, and negative for me. I just want UA to concentrate on making my flight experience better (lower cost, better quality food, comfortable seating, on time and clean planes) not where I sleep that night.

I know where they've been sleeping...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.