Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

RewardsPlus - Comp'ed matched Marriott/UA status {Awaiting SPG/MR Merger Details}

RewardsPlus - Comp'ed matched Marriott/UA status {Awaiting SPG/MR Merger Details}

Hide Wikipost
Old Apr 21, 18, 8:12 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: slowly
Wiki Link
FAQs: https://secure.unitedmileageplus.com...s.html?lang=en

Q: If I registered and was granted complimentary Marriott Rewards Gold Elite status through RewardsPlus and have re–qualified for MileagePlus Premier Gold® status or higher for the following year, will I need to also re–register my request for complimentary Gold Elite status for the following year?

A: No. Members who have already registered for and received complimentary Marriott Rewards Gold Elite status through RewardsPlus in a calendar year and who qualify for MileagePlus Premier Gold® status or higher for the following calendar year will have their previous registration with RewardsPlus automatically renewed and will receive complimentary Marriott Rewards Gold Elite status for the following calendar year.

-------------------------------

For the United elites who are new to Marriott Rewards, here are the benefits you receive as Gold. Please familiarize yourself with what you are and are not entitled to as a Marriott Gold.

http://www.marriott.com/rewards/member-benefits/gold.mi

Also, please be nice to the Marriott 'newbies' who come to this forum to figure out what UA Silver gets (or doesn't get) them.

And here is a thread with some details for the newly-minted UA Silvers:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...riences-q.html

RewardsPlus combines the best of MileagePlus and Marriott Rewards

United MileagePlus® and Marriott Rewards® are excited to announce that the exclusive travel benefits of our RewardsPlus program will continue into 2016. Once registered for RewardsPlus, MileagePlus members with Premier® Gold status or higher are eligible for Marriott Rewards Gold Elite status, and all of the benefits that come with it. This year’s status offerings will be effective through January 2017.

Go places you’ve dreamed of in 2016 and elevate your experience everywhere.

• MileagePlus Premiers who are already registered: If you qualify for Premier Gold status or higher for 2016, we’ll automatically renew your benefits in Marriott Rewards for another year, until January 2017
• If you qualify for Premier Gold status or higher for 2016 and have not yet registered, sign-up now. Registration is easy and complimentary, and you’ll enjoy a year of great benefits with an upgrade to Marriott Rewards Gold Elite status
• Marriott Rewards Platinum Elite members who are already registered: If you qualify for Platinum Elite status in Marriott Rewards for 2016, more good news – we’ll automatically renew your benefits in MileagePlus for another year, until January 2017
• All members of both programs: You’ll continue to enjoy a 20% discount every time you convert Marriott Rewards points into MileagePlus miles as well as 10% more miles when you redeem points for RewardsPlus travel packages

Continue to take your benefits above and beyond.

For United MileagePlus members with Premier Gold status or higher, Marriott Rewards will offer Gold Elite status, which includes:

• Lounge access and complimentary continental breakfast at participating JW Marriott®, Renaissance Hotels®, Marriott® Hotels and Autograph Collection® Hotels (Resorts are excluded)
• Room upgrades, based on availability and limited to Member’s personal guest room
• Complimentary in-room enhanced Internet access at more than 3,800 hotels globally
• 25% point bonus on all Marriott stays
• Priority late check-out, based on availability
• Gold Elite customized offers and awards
• One-to-one transfer of MileagePlus miles into Marriott Rewards points, a benefit United’s Premier Silver members will also receive

For Marriott Rewards Platinum Elite members, United MileagePlus will offer Premier Silver status, which includes:

• Complimentary access to Economy Plus® at check-in for you and a companion (when available)
• Complimentary Premier Upgrade confirmation as early as day of departure
• Premier Access® priority airport services, including check-in, baggage handling, security screening (where available) and boarding
• One complimentary checked bag, standard size
• 7 award miles for every dollar you spend on United flights*

Elevate your travel experience with another year of RewardsPlus. For more information about RewardsPlus and to learn how to register, visit united.com/rewardsplus or mrrewardsplus.com.

https://hub.united.com/en-us/news/lo...t-rewards.aspx

While not publicly stated, in 2017, Marriott Platinum Premiers were matched as United Premier Gold (Marriott Platinum Elites are matched as Premier Silver)
and United Global Services members were matched as Marriott Platinum Elites (appears this was for 2017 only and will not be offered in 2018)
Print Wikipost

Old Jul 15, 13, 8:41 am

I appreciate having this new perk as I'll probably stay more nights at Marriott properties. Thanks, United.
Old Jul 15, 13, 8:42 am
tyc

Programs: UA GS MM
A great plus, definitely will steer me to staying with Marriott more.
Old Jul 15, 13, 8:42 am

Phew!
I'm glad that United didn't do anything ridiculous.

This means having elite status in SPG, Marriott, and Hyatt, which isn't so bad. The status doesn't always mean much, but if it leads to free internet, great!

My only experience in decades has been the Newark Airport Marriott, which I would prefer to avoid. But I'm sure they have nicer properties elsewhere.

United's crews often stay in Marriott properties (it would be against the rules and unfair to the crews to post any more details.) But this suggests that the two companies have a relationship that runs deeper than just MileagePlus.
Old Jul 15, 13, 8:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM. DL Plat, AS MVP Gold 75K
A couple of years ago, when checking into a Hilton, I was welcomed as a Diamond member. It was odd, as I rarely stay in Hiltons. I figured it was a MP promotion in some way.

The diamond status has stuck.

With this new promotion, I'm doubting the Hilton status has any UA connection at all.

Could it be my Amex plat card?
Old Jul 15, 13, 8:59 am

Programs: SPG Plat, AA Ex Plat, UA Sil, Hyatt Global, MR Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, National Exec
Announcing RewardsPlus

Is anyone having trouble getting the Marriott website to load so one can register? I've been getting site unavailable for about an hour.
Old Jul 15, 13, 9:04 am

Originally Posted by LetsGoToo View Post
Is anyone having trouble getting the Marriott website to load so one can register? I've been getting site unavailable for about an hour.
I am having the same issues.
Old Jul 15, 13, 9:06 am

Programs: UA *G 1MM LT United Club & Global Entry
Originally Posted by LetsGoToo View Post
I just registered with no issues. Liking this change!

SunLover
Old Jul 15, 13, 9:09 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold, UA 1K 1MM, IC PLAT AMB, HH Diamond, AVIS Pres, Hertz President's Circle
I am happy that the expected disaster did not materialize. Nice to have Marriott as an extra choice in Asia, mostly in China but also seems like they have a nice resort in Okinawa.
Now let's hold our breath and wait for the next devaluation of benefits which certainly will come.
Old Jul 15, 13, 9:09 am

Programs: UA Gold; AA Gold; HH Diamond; National EE; CONTROL SecretAgent Platinum; KAOS EvilFlyer Gold
Originally Posted by TerryK View Post
Great news! True enhancement.

I hope UA Insider can clarify if MR Gold match is a one-time deal or is it annual, as long you remain UA Gold? MR Gold needs to be re-qualified every year.

EDIT: Found answer. It is a one-time match.

https://secure.unitedmileageplus.com...tusMatchTC.jsp

Ouch. So the Gold match is only good for the next 6 months.

Not quite as excited as I was when I first read about this...
Old Jul 15, 13, 9:11 am

Programs: UNITED 1K / 3 MM, LH Senator, DL Diamond, SPG Platinum Lifetime, Hyatt Diamond, Platinum Royal Ambas
Marriott ?

Yes 3000 PLUS hotels ... but most of them without a lounge, AND forget about upgrades with GOLD status. I will register, BUT this new GOLD status is with the all additional UA elites worthless.

Marriott for sure will chance GOLD privileges as of next year. Lets watch and see
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
I don't normally stay at Marriott however on those odd occasions this is a plus.

Color me surprised.. in a good way.

And for those of us contemplating using our foreign addresses:

Is RewardsPlus open to members who reside outside the United States?

Yes.

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, CC Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Choice Plat
Originally Posted by TerryK View Post
Great news! True enhancement.

I hope UA Insider can clarify if MR Gold match is a one-time deal or is it annual, as long you remain UA Gold? MR Gold needs to be re-qualified every year.

EDIT: Found answer. It is a one-time match.

https://secure.unitedmileageplus.com...tusMatchTC.jsp
This is good news..but still confused about wording ..does this mean if one matches MR Platinum to UA silver now, this is only one time match and in effect till only Jan 2014 i.e. just for next 6 months? If yes…I don't see much value in it unless I am missing anything
Old Jul 15, 13, 9:15 am

Programs: UA Plat, Copa Pres. Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, SPG LT Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Maxwell Smart View Post
Ouch. So the Gold match is only good for the next 6 months.

Not quite as excited as I was when I first read about this...
I read that as though it lines up with the expiration of the elite year. If the program continues beyond this year, then maybe you'd have to verify status again to receive the gold match for another year.
Old Jul 15, 13, 9:17 am

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Hilton HHonors Gold
Way to go UA!
Old Jul 15, 13, 9:19 am

Programs: UA Gold; AA Gold; HH Diamond; National EE; CONTROL SecretAgent Platinum; KAOS EvilFlyer Gold
Originally Posted by milesmuncher View Post
I read that as though it lines up with the expiration of the elite year. If the program continues beyond this year, then maybe you'd have to verify status again to receive the gold match for another year.
I would hope that's the case, but until that's confirmed (either by a UA statement, or by experience come Feb 2014), I wouldn't count on it...

Search this Thread

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: