Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

RewardsPlus - Comp'ed Marriot/UA status {Highest UA comp'ed status now Marriott Gold}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 15, 2013, 1:49 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
As of 3 March 2019, UA elites are being matched to the new Marriott Bonvoy Gold level including those UA elites who had gone Marriott Plat status during the Marriott / Starwood merger process. Marriott Bonvoy Gold does not include lounge access and late checkout is 2 PM

Archive Thread RewardsPlus - Comp'ed Marriot/UA status {Archive}

************************************* Information below applied to the previous arrangement with Marriott and parts are out of date ***********************************
FAQs: https://secure.unitedmileageplus.com...s.html?lang=en

Q: If I registered and was granted complimentary Marriott Rewards Gold Elite status through RewardsPlus and have re–qualified for MileagePlus Premier Gold® status or higher for the following year, will I need to also re–register my request for complimentary Gold Elite status for the following year?

A: No. Members who have already registered for and received complimentary Marriott Rewards Gold Elite status through RewardsPlus in a calendar year and who qualify for MileagePlus Premier Gold® status or higher for the following calendar year will have their previous registration with RewardsPlus automatically renewed and will receive complimentary Marriott Rewards Gold Elite status for the following calendar year.

-------------------------------

For the United elites who are new to Marriott Rewards, here are the benefits you receive as Gold. Please familiarize yourself with what you are and are not entitled to as a Marriott Gold.

http://www.marriott.com/rewards/member-benefits/gold.mi

Also, please be nice to the Marriott 'newbies' who come to this forum to figure out what UA Silver gets (or doesn't get) them.

And here is a thread with some details for the newly-minted UA Silvers:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...riences-q.html

RewardsPlus combines the best of MileagePlus and Marriott Rewards

United MileagePlus® and Marriott Rewards® are excited to announce that the exclusive travel benefits of our RewardsPlus program will continue into 2016. Once registered for RewardsPlus, MileagePlus members with Premier® Gold status or higher are eligible for Marriott Rewards Gold Elite status, and all of the benefits that come with it. This year’s status offerings will be effective through January 2017.

Go places you’ve dreamed of in 2016 and elevate your experience everywhere.

• MileagePlus Premiers who are already registered: If you qualify for Premier Gold status or higher for 2016, we’ll automatically renew your benefits in Marriott Rewards for another year, until January 2017
• If you qualify for Premier Gold status or higher for 2016 and have not yet registered, sign-up now. Registration is easy and complimentary, and you’ll enjoy a year of great benefits with an upgrade to Marriott Rewards Gold Elite status
• Marriott Rewards Platinum Elite members who are already registered: If you qualify for Platinum Elite status in Marriott Rewards for 2016, more good news – we’ll automatically renew your benefits in MileagePlus for another year, until January 2017
• All members of both programs: You’ll continue to enjoy a 20% discount every time you convert Marriott Rewards points into MileagePlus miles as well as 10% more miles when you redeem points for RewardsPlus travel packages

Continue to take your benefits above and beyond.

For United MileagePlus members with Premier Gold status or higher, Marriott Rewards will offer Gold Elite status, which includes:

• Lounge access and complimentary continental breakfast at participating JW Marriott®, Renaissance Hotels®, Marriott® Hotels and Autograph Collection® Hotels (Resorts are excluded)
• Room upgrades, based on availability and limited to Member’s personal guest room
• Complimentary in-room enhanced Internet access at more than 3,800 hotels globally
• 25% point bonus on all Marriott stays
• Priority late check-out, based on availability
• Gold Elite customized offers and awards
• One-to-one transfer of MileagePlus miles into Marriott Rewards points, a benefit United’s Premier Silver members will also receive

For Marriott Rewards Platinum Elite members, United MileagePlus will offer Premier Silver status, which includes:

• Complimentary access to Economy Plus® at check-in for you and a companion (when available)
• Complimentary Premier Upgrade confirmation as early as day of departure
• Premier Access® priority airport services, including check-in, baggage handling, security screening (where available) and boarding
• One complimentary checked bag, standard size
• 7 award miles for every dollar you spend on United flights*

Elevate your travel experience with another year of RewardsPlus. For more information about RewardsPlus and to learn how to register, visit united.com/rewardsplus or mrrewardsplus.com.

https://hub.united.com/en-us/news/loyalty-program/pages/elevate-your-experience-with-united-mileageplus-and-marriott-rewards.aspx

While not publicly stated, in 2017, Marriott Platinum Premiers were matched as United Premier Gold (Marriott Platinum Elites are matched as Premier Silver)
and United Global Services members were matched as Marriott Platinum Elites (appears this was for 2017 only and will not be offered in 2018)
Print Wikipost

RewardsPlus - Comp'ed Marriot/UA status {Highest UA comp'ed status now Marriott Gold}

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2019, 8:56 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton ♦ , Hyatt Carbonado, Wyndham ♦, Marriott PE, "Stinking Bum" elsewhere.
Originally Posted by myperks

and there are people who travel and want somewhere to sit and work quietly and not in their room will actually pay for it because it’s a loyalty program, not a free for all. It’s like the Marriott folks saying who won’t fly United because no more silver for platinum members so they are going to fly ultra low cost air to get back at United
At the Marriott properties that I like in Asia, I will just pay cash for lounge access if I need it-usually it's quite reasonable. Overall, I am getting better corporate rates at other chains, so there is little chance that I will get enough nights to earn Plat next year.
Old Mar 10, 2019, 11:17 am

Programs: UA MM 1K, AA MM Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
Decided to go for the Plat Challenge - 16 nights by end of June. I already have 21 nights planned, so will just have a few stays between now and then without the lounge. There just weren't good Hilton options where I'm going during that time.

One note you may find useful for timing if you're going to do this. The agent told me you get three months plus the remaining days in the month you sign up. If that's true, and you sign up April 2nd, for example, you'd get the rest of the month then through the end of July. (Please confirm for yourself - YMMV.)

I wish they would send an email or put it on your Account page on their Web site so you had proof you signed up. I called several separate times and each time the agent said they could see the Challenge but couldn't send me anything.
Old Mar 10, 2019, 11:27 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by tarheelnj
I wish they would send an email or put it on your Account page on their Web site so you had proof you signed up. I called several separate times and each time the agent said they could see the Challenge but couldn't send me anything.
Yeah they don't send emails to confirm either the terms or enrollment.
Old Mar 11, 2019, 11:24 am

Programs: UA MM 1K, AA MM Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
There must be a lot of confusion with people that don't follow this thread or read their emails, and show up at a Marriott thinking they still have lounge access. Checked in at a FS Marriott yesterday and waited to see if they mentioned I was now Gold. There was a passing comment to my getting my Gold arrival reward of 500 miles plus a bottle of water. Adding to the confusion is that some of the hotels haven't changed their CL signage yet (picture taken today).

Old Mar 11, 2019, 11:53 am

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
A colleague is still having the Platinum status!

A colleague of mine is still having the Platinum status as of today. He did not stay for 50 nights last year and did not have a Marriott credit card. I told him to show me again in two weeks. My status was downgraded to Gold about ten days ago. I was treated as a "nobody" in a Courtyard in Shanghai last Saturday.
Old Mar 28, 2019, 1:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
Still Platinum Elite here too... I wont complain that's for sure.
Old Mar 28, 2019, 1:38 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM - AF G – TK G – AZ Ex – Hilton D – Marriott G – IHG P
Originally Posted by myperks

and there are people who travel and want somewhere to sit and work quietly and not in their room will actually pay for it because it’s a loyalty program, not a free for all. It’s like the Marriott folks saying who won’t fly United because no more silver for platinum members so they are going to fly ultra low cost air to get back at United
Um... staying at Hilton instead is hardly "like" flying Spirit.
Old Mar 29, 2019, 7:51 am

Programs: United Million Mile Flyer, Hilton Silver, Marriott Gold, DL, AA WN
Originally Posted by TomA
Um... staying at Hilton instead is hardly "like" flying Spirit.
I am UA Gold Million Miler. I have been staying mostly at Marriott since Rewards Plus began. Last year I did not stay any way near the number of nights required for Platinum; therefore, I have been down graded to Marriott Gold. I still see this status as a "gift", and I am thankful for it. However, under the circumstances, most of my future hotel stays will once again be with Hilton and its various brands.
Xyzzy, mgmsteven and Aussienarelle like this.
Old Apr 6, 2019, 3:47 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
As the discussion got over 12+ posts. moved the discussion on Moxy @ LHR and other trendy Marriott brands to the Marriott forum.

WineCountryUA
UA coModerator
Old Apr 6, 2019, 4:20 pm

Just had my first SPMarriott stay as a lowly Gold (from Platinum) and have to say this stinks! I was staying at a Delta property and checked in, not a greeting or thanks for being a Marriott Rewards member. Room was okay but was not an upgrade in any way (seemed like your average room). Requested a 2 PM check out and was told by the front desk to check back the next morning to see if there's availability. Go down in the morning and after some begging managed to get check out pushed back to 2 PM. More important than Executive Lounge access or upgraded room is the certainty of knowing that you'll have the darned room to 4 PM and don't have to beg for it! Here's to hoping SPMarriott will at least let Golds have guaranteed 2 PM check out!

In the meantime, I'll be staying at whatever chain hotel offers me the cheapest rates, which in my case is a mixture of Premier Inn, HI Express, Hilton, Comfort Inn and Good Nite Inn (yes I know).

Safe Travels,

James
narvik likes this.
Old Apr 6, 2019, 4:32 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton ♦ , Hyatt Carbonado, Wyndham ♦, Marriott PE, "Stinking Bum" elsewhere.
Originally Posted by j2simpso
Just had my first SPMarriott stay as a lowly Gold (from Platinum) and have to say this stinks! I was staying at a Delta property and checked in, not a greeting or thanks for being a Marriott Rewards member. Room was okay but was not an upgrade in any way (seemed like your average room). Requested a 2 PM check out and was told by the front desk to check back the next morning to see if there's availability. Go down in the morning and after some begging managed to get check out pushed back to 2 PM. More important than Executive Lounge access or upgraded room is the certainty of knowing that you'll have the darned room to 4 PM and don't have to beg for it! Here's to hoping SPMarriott will at least let Golds have guaranteed 2 PM check out!

In the meantime, I'll be staying at whatever chain hotel offers me the cheapest rates, which in my case is a mixture of Premier Inn, HI Express, Hilton, Comfort Inn and Good Nite Inn (yes I know).

Safe Travels,

James
Don't forget Wyndham.
I used to stay exclusively with Hyatt and Hilton and would stay at a lot of HPs at various airports around the US to get my status up to Diamond/Glob. When Hyatt devalued seriously, I shifted all of my business to Hilton/Marriott, internationally, and Hilton/Wyndham, domestically. I regularly get upgraded to suites at Wyndham and find their rooms equal or better to Hyatt/Marriott rooms at similar price points.
Aussienarelle likes this.
Old Nov 13, 2019, 11:20 pm

Programs: UA Premier 1K, AC SE, Delta Platinum Medallion, Marriott Titanium
How long does it take to get status matched to Marriott Gold once I'm UA elite?
Old Nov 14, 2019, 3:38 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM
Originally Posted by j2simpso
....the certainty of knowing that you'll have the darned room to 4 PM and don't have to beg for it! Here's to hoping SPMarriott will at least let Golds have guaranteed 2 PM check out!
This!

4pm was great while it lasted (Plat to Gold demotion).

2pm guaranteed would be okay.

The 2pm based on availability -although understandable- is quite a big deal. I haven't been denied yet, but it's always a negotiation, a back-and-forth, and littered with uncertainty.

A guaranteed 2pm check-out would go a long way of going to marriott.com first for hotel bookings..
Old Dec 9, 2019, 4:50 pm

About to hit Marriott Titanium, which apparently gives me UA Silver. I should hit it on roughly 12/20, and I have UA flights on 12/28. Is that enough time for the UA status to update? I know I need to register, and I will do that ASAP after I hit Titanium.
Old Dec 10, 2019, 8:24 pm

Programs: AS Million Miler, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Nexus / Global Entry
Not in my experience. I did the Titanium challenge and it took 3 weeks and 4-5 phone calls.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.