Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

RewardsPlus - Comp'ed matched Marriott/UA status {Awaiting SPG/MR Merger Details}

RewardsPlus - Comp'ed matched Marriott/UA status {Awaiting SPG/MR Merger Details}

Hide Wikipost
Old Apr 21, 18, 8:12 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: slowly
Wiki Link
FAQs: https://secure.unitedmileageplus.com...s.html?lang=en

Q: If I registered and was granted complimentary Marriott Rewards Gold Elite status through RewardsPlus and have re–qualified for MileagePlus Premier Gold® status or higher for the following year, will I need to also re–register my request for complimentary Gold Elite status for the following year?

A: No. Members who have already registered for and received complimentary Marriott Rewards Gold Elite status through RewardsPlus in a calendar year and who qualify for MileagePlus Premier Gold® status or higher for the following calendar year will have their previous registration with RewardsPlus automatically renewed and will receive complimentary Marriott Rewards Gold Elite status for the following calendar year.

-------------------------------

For the United elites who are new to Marriott Rewards, here are the benefits you receive as Gold. Please familiarize yourself with what you are and are not entitled to as a Marriott Gold.

http://www.marriott.com/rewards/member-benefits/gold.mi

Also, please be nice to the Marriott 'newbies' who come to this forum to figure out what UA Silver gets (or doesn't get) them.

And here is a thread with some details for the newly-minted UA Silvers:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...riences-q.html

RewardsPlus combines the best of MileagePlus and Marriott Rewards

United MileagePlus® and Marriott Rewards® are excited to announce that the exclusive travel benefits of our RewardsPlus program will continue into 2016. Once registered for RewardsPlus, MileagePlus members with Premier® Gold status or higher are eligible for Marriott Rewards Gold Elite status, and all of the benefits that come with it. This year’s status offerings will be effective through January 2017.

Go places you’ve dreamed of in 2016 and elevate your experience everywhere.

• MileagePlus Premiers who are already registered: If you qualify for Premier Gold status or higher for 2016, we’ll automatically renew your benefits in Marriott Rewards for another year, until January 2017
• If you qualify for Premier Gold status or higher for 2016 and have not yet registered, sign-up now. Registration is easy and complimentary, and you’ll enjoy a year of great benefits with an upgrade to Marriott Rewards Gold Elite status
• Marriott Rewards Platinum Elite members who are already registered: If you qualify for Platinum Elite status in Marriott Rewards for 2016, more good news – we’ll automatically renew your benefits in MileagePlus for another year, until January 2017
• All members of both programs: You’ll continue to enjoy a 20% discount every time you convert Marriott Rewards points into MileagePlus miles as well as 10% more miles when you redeem points for RewardsPlus travel packages

Continue to take your benefits above and beyond.

For United MileagePlus members with Premier Gold status or higher, Marriott Rewards will offer Gold Elite status, which includes:

• Lounge access and complimentary continental breakfast at participating JW Marriott®, Renaissance Hotels®, Marriott® Hotels and Autograph Collection® Hotels (Resorts are excluded)
• Room upgrades, based on availability and limited to Member’s personal guest room
• Complimentary in-room enhanced Internet access at more than 3,800 hotels globally
• 25% point bonus on all Marriott stays
• Priority late check-out, based on availability
• Gold Elite customized offers and awards
• One-to-one transfer of MileagePlus miles into Marriott Rewards points, a benefit United’s Premier Silver members will also receive

For Marriott Rewards Platinum Elite members, United MileagePlus will offer Premier Silver status, which includes:

• Complimentary access to Economy Plus® at check-in for you and a companion (when available)
• Complimentary Premier Upgrade confirmation as early as day of departure
• Premier Access® priority airport services, including check-in, baggage handling, security screening (where available) and boarding
• One complimentary checked bag, standard size
• 7 award miles for every dollar you spend on United flights*

Elevate your travel experience with another year of RewardsPlus. For more information about RewardsPlus and to learn how to register, visit united.com/rewardsplus or mrrewardsplus.com.

https://hub.united.com/en-us/news/lo...t-rewards.aspx

While not publicly stated, in 2017, Marriott Platinum Premiers were matched as United Premier Gold (Marriott Platinum Elites are matched as Premier Silver)
and United Global Services members were matched as Marriott Platinum Elites (appears this was for 2017 only and will not be offered in 2018)
Print Wikipost

Old Jul 15, 13, 12:39 pm

Programs: UA 1K, SPG/Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by aacharya View Post
I am fascinated by all the "worried about Marriott" posts. That's not the focus of this forum - but I guess folks have to find a way to spin this good news negatively.
Have to agree here. Even for extreme pessimists, at the very minimum, the fundamental value of United miles has not decreased, end of story. Silvers have more competition for E+ seats (maybe) and a few more friends in the already choatic boarding procedures, however, for many it was a real benefit and we can all cancel our panic award bookings.
Old Jul 15, 13, 12:39 pm

Programs: United Premier 1K, Marriott Platinum, Frontier, Delta, Hertz Gold, National Emerald Club
Originally Posted by FC ORD View Post
Like many others, this enhancement is a negative for me. I am already Marriott Plat and United 1K, so the only thing is see is more crowds in the Marriott lounges. Now if we could "double dip" that would be nice.

On the negative side, this change could push me over to Hilton. I stay enough nights to be an elite in only one program, If I can now be Gold in Marriott because of my UA status, then I may stay fewer nights there and instead stay mote at Hilton to also achieve status there.

Does this make sense to any of you?
YES. I'm in the same boat . . . 1K and Plat.

This automatic Marriott Gold Status is good enough for me. I will probably be staying a little more at Hyatt and SPG, depending on location.

In the past, there was always the desire to at least make Gold, but now with my work travel habits, that's pretty much automatic, so I probably won't end up being as Marriott-loyal as I have been.

That being said, if I can make it to Plat relatively easily, then I'll try! I made it the last 2 years, barely.

Still, I won't complain about a benefit to UA FFs that most will like. It's definitely an improvement in the program, even if I personally don't get a lot of benefit from it right now. Afterall, if I stay say 30 nights in Marriotts next year, it will!
Old Jul 15, 13, 12:42 pm

Programs: UA GS, Flying Blue, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Explorist
Really like this- habitual Marriott visitor, but never quite enough to make gold. Thanks UA!
Old Jul 15, 13, 12:45 pm

Seriously great benefit. Had fallen behind on my marriott nights for Hilton night due locations. But have a spate of trips with better Marriott spots coming up!
Old Jul 15, 13, 12:48 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Several of my own making in which I was recently fast-tracked to super-duper-über-elite status
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA View Post
Question -- any thoughts on if this will impact the Chase Club/PP credit card Hyatt Platinum match?
I'm thinking (hoping) not. The Hyatt match seems to be a Chase-centric perk where the Marriott match is UA-centric.

For me, Marriott was the best chain UA could have picked, as I always maintain Diamond w/ Hilton, get Hyatt Plat through the PP card (although rarely stay at Hyatts), and occasionally stay at Marriotts but never enough to make status. So this is a for me.

Now waiting for the "oh we forgot to mention"...to maintain UA Elite Status you now have to meet a minimum spend requirement at Marriott also.
Old Jul 15, 13, 12:57 pm

Programs: MileagePlus Premier Platinum (1 flight away from 1K for 2019)
This is awesome!
Old Jul 15, 13, 1:00 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Priority Platinum, Marriot Gold, Delta Platinum
Great news!
Old Jul 15, 13, 1:01 pm

Programs: UA MM, AS MVPG, Marriott Platinum, Accor Platinum (missing Fairmont!), National Exec Elite
Well, that makes it easy for me to stop being loyal to Marriott! Thanks to both companies!
Old Jul 15, 13, 1:03 pm

Programs: UA 1K, DL, AA, AS, HHonors, SPG, Kimpton, Hyatt, IC PC, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC
I like this! Thanks UA!

Now, any way to accelerate the recognition in the Marriott system? Just registered but I have a Marriott stay tomorrow night. It would be great if the 7-10 days stated by the registration site actually meant 7-10 hours .
Old Jul 15, 13, 1:04 pm

Programs: UA 1K, DL, AA, AS, HHonors, SPG, Kimpton, Hyatt, IC PC, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by bob_the_d View Post
haha i'm checking into a marriott on thursday. not holding my breath.
Yeah, I'm checking in tomorrow night and am really not expecting this to have activated by then (but it's nice to dream!).
Old Jul 15, 13, 1:05 pm

After being Platinum for about 7 years and then slowly declined to Silver, this is great!
Old Jul 15, 13, 1:07 pm

Programs: was UA 1K now Gold, cuz UA 1.3 MM; HA,DL,AS (no status in these), Marriott Gold
As some others have said, so what, I'm already a Marriott Gold. But since I'm a MM, will be interested in the ongoing renewal/whatever w/ having at least lifetime MP Gold status.
Old Jul 15, 13, 1:07 pm

Programs: UA 1K, A3 G, IHG P, HH G, MR G
Will be great if GS/1K gets MR P...
Old Jul 15, 13, 1:09 pm

Programs: UA MM, SQ KrisFlyer, SPG/Marriott Plat
Great news (for once).

I tried to register through the UA link and it would not take my Marriott number. I'm using a Mac with the latest version of Firefox.

I called into MP and they were able to register me through Internet Exploder.

So we will see in a couple of weeks if the registration took.
Old Jul 15, 13, 1:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K, AA EXP, BA Silver, Fairmont Plat, MR Platinum, Carlson Gold, HH Gold
Originally Posted by OU812 View Post

The fact that Plats with Marriott get complimentary Premier Silver status on United may have a significant impact. Lots more competition for E+ @ checkin!
Seriously, how many people who sty that many nights in a hotel don't have any airline status already?

Search this Thread

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: