Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

RewardsPlus - Comp'ed Marriot/UA status {Highest UA comp'ed status now Marriott Gold}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 15, 2013, 1:49 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
As of 3 March 2019, UA elites are being matched to the new Marriott Bonvoy Gold level including those UA elites who had gone Marriott Plat status during the Marriott / Starwood merger process. Marriott Bonvoy Gold does not include lounge access and late checkout is 2 PM

Archive Thread RewardsPlus - Comp'ed Marriot/UA status {Archive}

************************************* Information below applied to the previous arrangement with Marriott and parts are out of date ***********************************
FAQs: https://secure.unitedmileageplus.com...s.html?lang=en

Q: If I registered and was granted complimentary Marriott Rewards Gold Elite status through RewardsPlus and have re–qualified for MileagePlus Premier Gold® status or higher for the following year, will I need to also re–register my request for complimentary Gold Elite status for the following year?

A: No. Members who have already registered for and received complimentary Marriott Rewards Gold Elite status through RewardsPlus in a calendar year and who qualify for MileagePlus Premier Gold® status or higher for the following calendar year will have their previous registration with RewardsPlus automatically renewed and will receive complimentary Marriott Rewards Gold Elite status for the following calendar year.

-------------------------------

For the United elites who are new to Marriott Rewards, here are the benefits you receive as Gold. Please familiarize yourself with what you are and are not entitled to as a Marriott Gold.

http://www.marriott.com/rewards/member-benefits/gold.mi

Also, please be nice to the Marriott 'newbies' who come to this forum to figure out what UA Silver gets (or doesn't get) them.

And here is a thread with some details for the newly-minted UA Silvers:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...riences-q.html

RewardsPlus combines the best of MileagePlus and Marriott Rewards

United MileagePlus® and Marriott Rewards® are excited to announce that the exclusive travel benefits of our RewardsPlus program will continue into 2016. Once registered for RewardsPlus, MileagePlus members with Premier® Gold status or higher are eligible for Marriott Rewards Gold Elite status, and all of the benefits that come with it. This year’s status offerings will be effective through January 2017.

Go places you’ve dreamed of in 2016 and elevate your experience everywhere.

• MileagePlus Premiers who are already registered: If you qualify for Premier Gold status or higher for 2016, we’ll automatically renew your benefits in Marriott Rewards for another year, until January 2017
• If you qualify for Premier Gold status or higher for 2016 and have not yet registered, sign-up now. Registration is easy and complimentary, and you’ll enjoy a year of great benefits with an upgrade to Marriott Rewards Gold Elite status
• Marriott Rewards Platinum Elite members who are already registered: If you qualify for Platinum Elite status in Marriott Rewards for 2016, more good news – we’ll automatically renew your benefits in MileagePlus for another year, until January 2017
• All members of both programs: You’ll continue to enjoy a 20% discount every time you convert Marriott Rewards points into MileagePlus miles as well as 10% more miles when you redeem points for RewardsPlus travel packages

Continue to take your benefits above and beyond.

For United MileagePlus members with Premier Gold status or higher, Marriott Rewards will offer Gold Elite status, which includes:

• Lounge access and complimentary continental breakfast at participating JW Marriott®, Renaissance Hotels®, Marriott® Hotels and Autograph Collection® Hotels (Resorts are excluded)
• Room upgrades, based on availability and limited to Member’s personal guest room
• Complimentary in-room enhanced Internet access at more than 3,800 hotels globally
• 25% point bonus on all Marriott stays
• Priority late check-out, based on availability
• Gold Elite customized offers and awards
• One-to-one transfer of MileagePlus miles into Marriott Rewards points, a benefit United’s Premier Silver members will also receive

For Marriott Rewards Platinum Elite members, United MileagePlus will offer Premier Silver status, which includes:

• Complimentary access to Economy Plus® at check-in for you and a companion (when available)
• Complimentary Premier Upgrade confirmation as early as day of departure
• Premier Access® priority airport services, including check-in, baggage handling, security screening (where available) and boarding
• One complimentary checked bag, standard size
• 7 award miles for every dollar you spend on United flights*

Elevate your travel experience with another year of RewardsPlus. For more information about RewardsPlus and to learn how to register, visit united.com/rewardsplus or mrrewardsplus.com.

https://hub.united.com/en-us/news/loyalty-program/pages/elevate-your-experience-with-united-mileageplus-and-marriott-rewards.aspx

While not publicly stated, in 2017, Marriott Platinum Premiers were matched as United Premier Gold (Marriott Platinum Elites are matched as Premier Silver)
and United Global Services members were matched as Marriott Platinum Elites (appears this was for 2017 only and will not be offered in 2018)
Print Wikipost

RewardsPlus - Comp'ed Marriot/UA status {Highest UA comp'ed status now Marriott Gold}

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2019, 2:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by laxmillenial
IMO Marriott is saturated (way way way too much) with too many high "elites". They have not figured out a good way to differentiate Platinum, Titanium, and Ambassador statuses. Hyatt has this figured out and is not saturated with Globalist status. I suspect the saturation is leading them not to offer United GS any additional benefits in the partnership.
A few hundred Platinum-GS should not make a big difference though, but might steer some valuable $$ to Marriott.
Not disputing your statement re oversaturation though, and adding another 10'000+ (?) 1Ks to Bonvoy Plat would be significant.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 2:54 pm

Programs: United Global Services, Amtrak Select Executive
Originally Posted by cesco.g
A few hundred Platinum-GS should not make a big difference though, but might steer some valuable $$ to Marriott.
Not disputing your statement re oversaturation though, and adding another 10'000+ (?) 1Ks to Bonvoy Plat would be significant.
A few hundred GS & 10,000 1Ks? I think these numbers are off by several orders of magnitude.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 4:39 pm

so happy about this downgrade---replaced Beverly Hills Marriott with a SWEET AirBNB!
Old Mar 6, 2019, 6:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Originally Posted by nomad420
Was well aware of the change and didn't expect to remain PLAT so no surprise. As I stated I like the Marriott brand but for several reasons I usually book at Hilton properties. I am LT Gold and may soon be Diamond so that is an issue. My wife who travels now even more than me also has some kind of Hilton deal worked through her corporate travel department hence more points and status etc.... I do get access to SOME lounges and get breakfast as Gold.
Credit card will give you instant Diamond status at Hilton. Do expect a cafeteria like breakfast vibe at most properties.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 6:30 pm

Originally Posted by cesco.g
Besides the numbers being way off, the logic is flawed. If your point is there's not that many so why not grant the status, then you could ask the same question - there's not that many, it's not worth getting their business.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 6:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

This thread is kind of long, so I'm sorry if these questions have been answered before.

I'm currently UA Gold, in the middle of a status match (ie, my status is on a 3-month trial basis).

I have enough airfare booked to complete my challenge, so I will have "matched status" and be UA Gold for the rest of the year. I will probably not fly UA enough to maintain Gold next year, though -- I expect to drop down to silver.

1. Can I match to Marriott now?
2. If not, once I've completed the challenge (giving me "matched status", will I be able to match to Marriott?
Old Mar 6, 2019, 6:52 pm
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Repooc17
Credit card will give you instant Diamond status at Hilton. Do expect a cafeteria like breakfast vibe at most properties.
I didn't realize they had a card that just granted Diamonds. I must have the wrong one (mine requires $40k spend).
Old Mar 6, 2019, 6:53 pm

Programs: BA Bronze, United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by VegasGambler
This thread is kind of long, so I'm sorry if these questions have been answered before.

I'm currently UA Gold, in the middle of a status match (ie, my status is on a 3-month trial basis).

I have enough airfare booked to complete my challenge, so I will have "matched status" and be UA Gold for the rest of the year. I will probably not fly UA enough to maintain Gold next year, though -- I expect to drop down to silver.

1. Can I match to Marriott now?
2. If not, once I've completed the challenge (giving me "matched status", will I be able to match to Marriott?
No, you cannot match to Marriott now. The system knows that you are in a status match/challenge. Once you complete it and become UA Gold, you'll be able to do the match to Marriott online.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 8:47 pm

Programs: UA GS; Hilton LT Diamond, Marriott, Hyatt; Hertz
I would argue that there are a "small but significant number" of GS whose business is worth currying. But that would also be self-serving. Personally, being dropped from Platinum to Gold is influencing my choice in hotels. I am Hilton LD so was considering staying more at Marriott just to build up vacation points, but without lounge access and other privileges, not so much.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 10:49 pm

Programs: UA MM GS, Marriott Titanium
No longer Marriott Plat

Woke up this morning to find out I have been downgraded to Gold. Guess we got an extra month
Old Mar 7, 2019, 12:10 am

Programs: United 1MM GS, Marriott Platinum Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
I still have Marriott Platinum. Waiting for the downgrade. Hope it happens after my upcoming trip next week.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 6:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Originally Posted by exerda
I didn't realize they had a card that just granted Diamonds. I must have the wrong one (mine requires $40k spend).
There are multiple card iterations - Aspire gives you complementary Diamond status.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 10:23 am

Programs: UA MM Plat, UA 1MM, Hilton Lifetime Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold, CLEAR, AS MVP Gold
Originally Posted by FTLexMUC
Woke up this morning to find out I have been downgraded to Gold. Guess we got an extra month
Strange how this whole Plat to Gold thing has happened, I was definitely downgraded at the end of last Jan. It would have been nice to get it into March as I had planned to stay in a Marriott property in Denver in Feb.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 10:51 am

Programs: UAL GS & Million Miler; Delta Lifetime Gold; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Platinum; Legion Etrangere
Originally Posted by Oregonflyer
I would argue that there are a "small but significant number" of GS whose business is worth currying. But that would also be self-serving. Personally, being dropped from Platinum to Gold is influencing my choice in hotels. I am Hilton LD so was considering staying more at Marriott just to build up vacation points, but without lounge access and other privileges, not so much.
About 30 nights last year at Marriott. This year-zero
Old Mar 7, 2019, 11:58 am

Programs: UA GS ,QF Plat
Originally Posted by manstein58
About 30 nights last year at Marriott. This year-zero
I was migrating over to Marriott also, will put the brakes on that

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.