Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

RewardsPlus - Comp'ed Marriot/UA status {Highest UA comp'ed status now Marriott Gold}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 15, 2013, 1:49 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
As of 3 March 2019, UA elites are being matched to the new Marriott Bonvoy Gold level including those UA elites who had gone Marriott Plat status during the Marriott / Starwood merger process. Marriott Bonvoy Gold does not include lounge access and late checkout is 2 PM

Archive Thread RewardsPlus - Comp'ed Marriot/UA status {Archive}

************************************* Information below applied to the previous arrangement with Marriott and parts are out of date ***********************************
FAQs: https://secure.unitedmileageplus.com...s.html?lang=en

Q: If I registered and was granted complimentary Marriott Rewards Gold Elite status through RewardsPlus and have re–qualified for MileagePlus Premier Gold® status or higher for the following year, will I need to also re–register my request for complimentary Gold Elite status for the following year?

A: No. Members who have already registered for and received complimentary Marriott Rewards Gold Elite status through RewardsPlus in a calendar year and who qualify for MileagePlus Premier Gold® status or higher for the following calendar year will have their previous registration with RewardsPlus automatically renewed and will receive complimentary Marriott Rewards Gold Elite status for the following calendar year.

-------------------------------

For the United elites who are new to Marriott Rewards, here are the benefits you receive as Gold. Please familiarize yourself with what you are and are not entitled to as a Marriott Gold.

http://www.marriott.com/rewards/member-benefits/gold.mi

Also, please be nice to the Marriott 'newbies' who come to this forum to figure out what UA Silver gets (or doesn't get) them.

And here is a thread with some details for the newly-minted UA Silvers:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...riences-q.html

RewardsPlus combines the best of MileagePlus and Marriott Rewards

United MileagePlus® and Marriott Rewards® are excited to announce that the exclusive travel benefits of our RewardsPlus program will continue into 2016. Once registered for RewardsPlus, MileagePlus members with Premier® Gold status or higher are eligible for Marriott Rewards Gold Elite status, and all of the benefits that come with it. This year’s status offerings will be effective through January 2017.

Go places you’ve dreamed of in 2016 and elevate your experience everywhere.

• MileagePlus Premiers who are already registered: If you qualify for Premier Gold status or higher for 2016, we’ll automatically renew your benefits in Marriott Rewards for another year, until January 2017
• If you qualify for Premier Gold status or higher for 2016 and have not yet registered, sign-up now. Registration is easy and complimentary, and you’ll enjoy a year of great benefits with an upgrade to Marriott Rewards Gold Elite status
• Marriott Rewards Platinum Elite members who are already registered: If you qualify for Platinum Elite status in Marriott Rewards for 2016, more good news – we’ll automatically renew your benefits in MileagePlus for another year, until January 2017
• All members of both programs: You’ll continue to enjoy a 20% discount every time you convert Marriott Rewards points into MileagePlus miles as well as 10% more miles when you redeem points for RewardsPlus travel packages

Continue to take your benefits above and beyond.

For United MileagePlus members with Premier Gold status or higher, Marriott Rewards will offer Gold Elite status, which includes:

• Lounge access and complimentary continental breakfast at participating JW Marriott®, Renaissance Hotels®, Marriott® Hotels and Autograph Collection® Hotels (Resorts are excluded)
• Room upgrades, based on availability and limited to Member’s personal guest room
• Complimentary in-room enhanced Internet access at more than 3,800 hotels globally
• 25% point bonus on all Marriott stays
• Priority late check-out, based on availability
• Gold Elite customized offers and awards
• One-to-one transfer of MileagePlus miles into Marriott Rewards points, a benefit United’s Premier Silver members will also receive

For Marriott Rewards Platinum Elite members, United MileagePlus will offer Premier Silver status, which includes:

• Complimentary access to Economy Plus® at check-in for you and a companion (when available)
• Complimentary Premier Upgrade confirmation as early as day of departure
• Premier Access® priority airport services, including check-in, baggage handling, security screening (where available) and boarding
• One complimentary checked bag, standard size
• 7 award miles for every dollar you spend on United flights*

Elevate your travel experience with another year of RewardsPlus. For more information about RewardsPlus and to learn how to register, visit united.com/rewardsplus or mrrewardsplus.com.

https://hub.united.com/en-us/news/loyalty-program/pages/elevate-your-experience-with-united-mileageplus-and-marriott-rewards.aspx

While not publicly stated, in 2017, Marriott Platinum Premiers were matched as United Premier Gold (Marriott Platinum Elites are matched as Premier Silver)
and United Global Services members were matched as Marriott Platinum Elites (appears this was for 2017 only and will not be offered in 2018)
Print Wikipost

RewardsPlus - Comp'ed Marriot/UA status {Highest UA comp'ed status now Marriott Gold}

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2019, 2:29 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by bigwings8
So...time to switch to Hilton? Get status there either with amex platinum (earn hilton gold) or via amex aspire card (earn hilton diamond)?

Gold at marriott seems to be quite lackluster. If hilton and marriott hotels are of similar quality and price, then the free breakfast and room upgrades at hilton seem to beat those at marriott. But perhaps marriott has better hotel availability (i.e. more hotels since it's now marriott + spg).
How many nights did you stay at Marriot in 2018?
Old Mar 5, 2019, 2:49 pm

Programs: UA GS 1MM
As United and Marriott go in one direction, American and Hyatt go the other: Hyatt is giving Globalist status (top tier) to American Concierge Key members

https://onemileatatime.com/american-...t-partnership/
Old Mar 5, 2019, 2:50 pm

Programs: UA GS, AA PLAT, DL PLAT, EK SILVER
So far, still Plat
Old Mar 5, 2019, 3:06 pm

Programs: UA GS+LT UC, AA EXP+LT PLT, Fairmont LT PLT, Marriott PLT, Hilton DIA, Hyatt Glob, Avis CHM
Originally Posted by SvenB1414
So far, still Plat
Marriott appreciates this data point and will initiate another sweep. Bonvoy!
Old Mar 5, 2019, 11:23 pm

Programs: UA 1K; *G, AA Plat
Originally Posted by EAA795
As United and Marriott go in one direction, American and Hyatt go the other: Hyatt is giving Globalist status (top tier) to American Concierge Key members

https://onemileatatime.com/american-...t-partnership/
Lol. Yeah but let's see how many UA GS members run to American Concierge Key.

IMO Marriott is saturated (way way way too much) with too many high "elites". They have not figured out a good way to differentiate Platinum, Titanium, and Ambassador statuses. Hyatt has this figured out and is not saturated with Globalist status. I suspect the saturation is leading them not to offer United GS any additional benefits in the partnership.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 11:34 pm

Programs: I want to be free! Free!
Originally Posted by laxmillenial
Lol. Yeah but let's see how many UA GS members run to American Concierge Key.

IMO Marriott is saturated (way way way too much) with too many high "elites". They have not figured out a good way to differentiate Platinum, Titanium, and Ambassador statuses. Hyatt has this figured out and is not saturated with Globalist status. I suspect the saturation is leading them not to offer United GS any additional benefits in the partnership.
I mean, at this point Bonvoy platinum is not really much more than some extra points and g'teed late check out. Head over to the Bonvoy forum to see how people are experiencing "no blackout dates" and upgrades to standard suites -- it's a joke. Granting GS bonvoy platinum is basically the same as granting SPG gold (the requirement for which was what, 10 nights??)
Old Mar 5, 2019, 11:51 pm

Programs: UA GS
Originally Posted by aCavalierInCoach
I mean, at this point Bonvoy platinum is not really much more than some extra points and g'teed late check out. Head over to the Bonvoy forum to see how people are experiencing "no blackout dates" and upgrades to standard suites -- it's a joke. Granting GS bonvoy platinum is basically the same as granting SPG gold (the requirement for which was what, 10 nights??)
I suspect what most care about is lounge access.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 8:31 am

Programs: I want to be free! Free!
Originally Posted by villox

I suspect what most care about is lounge access.
while I don't care much about it, you're right that there are many marriott plats that do -- and that's a massive joke of inconsistency too from what I read over at 766. in any event, folks might not love crowded lounges but i don't think too many plats are causing anyone not to get their breakfast and afternoon snacks.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 8:50 am

Programs: UA:MM 1K HH:Diamond IHG:Plat Marriott:Plat
I got downgraded to Gold as well. Had 40 Marriott nights last year.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 10:58 am

Programs: United 1K
I was downgraded... and it also looks like they have revised some of the categories on the hotels. I was planning on booking something very soon. Any chance I can call in and have them honor the old redemption rate?
Old Mar 6, 2019, 11:04 am

Programs: UA MM Plat, UA 1MM, Hilton Lifetime Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold, CLEAR, AS MVP Gold
Originally Posted by naumank

This was a change announced well in advance. Sure, please go ahead and book with Hilton. By the way, does Hilton offer you lounge access at 25 EQN level?
Was well aware of the change and didn't expect to remain PLAT so no surprise. As I stated I like the Marriott brand but for several reasons I usually book at Hilton properties. I am LT Gold and may soon be Diamond so that is an issue. My wife who travels now even more than me also has some kind of Hilton deal worked through her corporate travel department hence more points and status etc.... I do get access to SOME lounges and get breakfast as Gold.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 11:09 am

Originally Posted by dangerhsun
I was downgraded... and it also looks like they have revised some of the categories on the hotels. I was planning on booking something very soon. Any chance I can call in and have them honor the old redemption rate?
You can try but it's highly unlikely. Unless you booked the room before the categories changed you are SOL.

I had the opposite thing happen to me last year: the hotel I wanted to use my free night cert was at time of booking at a category higher than what it would be when I checked in on NYE. Rooms were about to sell out because apparently there's a lot of demand for hotel rooms in Times Square on NYE (go figure!) so I needed to make the reservation. Called SPMarriott and explained the situation for them and they told me they'll hold the room honouring the new category rate since my check in date occurs after the category change. Once I got my free night cert in December, I promptly applied it to the reservation and all went to plan.

Safe Travels,

James
Old Mar 6, 2019, 11:52 am

Programs: United Global Services
How do you participate in the Platinum challenge? I actually stayed at Marriott a week last week. Would they let me use those nights if I start the challenge today?
Old Mar 6, 2019, 12:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by roseallday
How do you participate in the Platinum challenge? I actually stayed at Marriott a week last week. Would they let me use those nights if I start the challenge today?
you call them to participate. Past stays do not count.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 12:07 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by roseallday
Probably a better question for the Marriott / Bonvoy forum, such as

Marriott Platinum Challenge General Discussion Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.