Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

RewardsPlus - Comp'ed Marriot/UA status {Highest UA comp'ed status now Marriott Gold}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 15, 2013, 1:49 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
As of 3 March 2019, UA elites are being matched to the new Marriott Bonvoy Gold level including those UA elites who had gone Marriott Plat status during the Marriott / Starwood merger process. Marriott Bonvoy Gold does not include lounge access and late checkout is 2 PM

Archive Thread RewardsPlus - Comp'ed Marriot/UA status {Archive}

************************************* Information below applied to the previous arrangement with Marriott and parts are out of date ***********************************
FAQs: https://secure.unitedmileageplus.com...s.html?lang=en

Q: If I registered and was granted complimentary Marriott Rewards Gold Elite status through RewardsPlus and have re–qualified for MileagePlus Premier Gold® status or higher for the following year, will I need to also re–register my request for complimentary Gold Elite status for the following year?

A: No. Members who have already registered for and received complimentary Marriott Rewards Gold Elite status through RewardsPlus in a calendar year and who qualify for MileagePlus Premier Gold® status or higher for the following calendar year will have their previous registration with RewardsPlus automatically renewed and will receive complimentary Marriott Rewards Gold Elite status for the following calendar year.

-------------------------------

For the United elites who are new to Marriott Rewards, here are the benefits you receive as Gold. Please familiarize yourself with what you are and are not entitled to as a Marriott Gold.

http://www.marriott.com/rewards/member-benefits/gold.mi

Also, please be nice to the Marriott 'newbies' who come to this forum to figure out what UA Silver gets (or doesn't get) them.

And here is a thread with some details for the newly-minted UA Silvers:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...riences-q.html

RewardsPlus combines the best of MileagePlus and Marriott Rewards

United MileagePlus® and Marriott Rewards® are excited to announce that the exclusive travel benefits of our RewardsPlus program will continue into 2016. Once registered for RewardsPlus, MileagePlus members with Premier® Gold status or higher are eligible for Marriott Rewards Gold Elite status, and all of the benefits that come with it. This year’s status offerings will be effective through January 2017.

Go places you’ve dreamed of in 2016 and elevate your experience everywhere.

• MileagePlus Premiers who are already registered: If you qualify for Premier Gold status or higher for 2016, we’ll automatically renew your benefits in Marriott Rewards for another year, until January 2017
• If you qualify for Premier Gold status or higher for 2016 and have not yet registered, sign-up now. Registration is easy and complimentary, and you’ll enjoy a year of great benefits with an upgrade to Marriott Rewards Gold Elite status
• Marriott Rewards Platinum Elite members who are already registered: If you qualify for Platinum Elite status in Marriott Rewards for 2016, more good news – we’ll automatically renew your benefits in MileagePlus for another year, until January 2017
• All members of both programs: You’ll continue to enjoy a 20% discount every time you convert Marriott Rewards points into MileagePlus miles as well as 10% more miles when you redeem points for RewardsPlus travel packages

Continue to take your benefits above and beyond.

For United MileagePlus members with Premier Gold status or higher, Marriott Rewards will offer Gold Elite status, which includes:

• Lounge access and complimentary continental breakfast at participating JW Marriott®, Renaissance Hotels®, Marriott® Hotels and Autograph Collection® Hotels (Resorts are excluded)
• Room upgrades, based on availability and limited to Member’s personal guest room
• Complimentary in-room enhanced Internet access at more than 3,800 hotels globally
• 25% point bonus on all Marriott stays
• Priority late check-out, based on availability
• Gold Elite customized offers and awards
• One-to-one transfer of MileagePlus miles into Marriott Rewards points, a benefit United’s Premier Silver members will also receive

For Marriott Rewards Platinum Elite members, United MileagePlus will offer Premier Silver status, which includes:

• Complimentary access to Economy Plus® at check-in for you and a companion (when available)
• Complimentary Premier Upgrade confirmation as early as day of departure
• Premier Access® priority airport services, including check-in, baggage handling, security screening (where available) and boarding
• One complimentary checked bag, standard size
• 7 award miles for every dollar you spend on United flights*

Elevate your travel experience with another year of RewardsPlus. For more information about RewardsPlus and to learn how to register, visit united.com/rewardsplus or mrrewardsplus.com.

https://hub.united.com/en-us/news/loyalty-program/pages/elevate-your-experience-with-united-mileageplus-and-marriott-rewards.aspx

While not publicly stated, in 2017, Marriott Platinum Premiers were matched as United Premier Gold (Marriott Platinum Elites are matched as Premier Silver)
and United Global Services members were matched as Marriott Platinum Elites (appears this was for 2017 only and will not be offered in 2018)
Print Wikipost

RewardsPlus - Comp'ed Marriot/UA status {Highest UA comp'ed status now Marriott Gold}

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2019, 10:46 am

Originally Posted by narvik
- Late checkout: 2pm is better than nothing. I think I only ever made use once of checkout between 2pm and 4pm.
That's not what the new benefit is at all - not by a long shot. In the old program (and for Marriott Platinums now) you had 4 PM Guaranteed late check-out. For us lowly Golds it's 2 PM late checkout subject to availability. There's a huge difference between having late checkout guaranteed versus subject to availability!

- The lounge access is gone; that one stings, although to be fair, I never did have that many stays where 1) I had time to use the lounge, and 2) the lounge was any good.
Agreed with you here. Half the time I was staying at a SPMarriott property I wouldn't even qualify for that benefit (i.e. Courtyard). Add one point to Hilton Gold where you're guaranteed breakfast across their properties with you elite status.

- At least the "enhanced" internet is still there.
Which is a benefit you get for free with the $129 CAD Bonvoy AE card and that comes with a 1 free night cert for hotels up to 35,000 points in value.

I have no upcoming hotel-stays booked. Will be interesting to see if this "downgrade" will actually change my booking habits in the future, and what sort of impact the downgraded experience will have (compared to Platinum).
I think I'll be sticking with Hilton whenever possible. The only thing SPMarriott has going for themselves here is that some customers will stay at least once more to see what the difference is between old Gold and new Gold. There's no doubt the new Gold has lost some lustre, the only question is how much!

-James
Old Mar 3, 2019, 10:50 am

Programs: UA 1K, National Executive Elite, Marriott Gold, Hertz President's Circle
Downgraded to Gold from Plat right before a 5 night stay at the Westin in Maui...at least the stay was completely booked with CSR points.
Old Mar 3, 2019, 10:52 am

Should've requested they send me a physical Platinum card. Should've requested they send me a physical Platinum card. Why didn't I ask for one ?! At least then when I checked in I could flash the card at the agent and act all surprised in the odd chance they notice I'm Gold.

-James
Old Mar 3, 2019, 10:54 am

Programs: BA Bronze, United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Me too. But since I was expecting it and I don't like uncertainty I had already booked my next 2 hotel stays in April at Hiltons. But, I did enjoy a last stay in a Bonvoy on February 25 to 28.
Old Mar 3, 2019, 10:54 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM
Originally Posted by j2simpso
That's not what the new benefit is at all - not by a long shot. In the old program (and for Marriott Platinums now) you had 4 PM Guaranteed late check-out. For us lowly Golds it's 2 PM late checkout subject to availability. There's a huge difference between having late checkout guaranteed versus subject to availability!
Aye.
That's what I mean with "time will tell".
Say, if I stay a few nights at Marriott properties this year and get denied a late 2pm checkout because of no availability, I will re-evaluate.
It's rare that I stay past breakfast. For the times when I needed a late checkout it was VERY welcome.
And yeah, I agree that the peace-of-mind of having a guaranteed late check-out available was at least comforting.
Old Mar 3, 2019, 11:00 am

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Talking Marriott miracle!

I logged in (twice!) this morning, expecting the worst. This is what I saw both times:

^^
narvik and chavala like this.
Old Mar 3, 2019, 11:06 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM
Originally Posted by transportprof
I logged in (twice!) this morning, expecting the worst. This is what I saw both times:

^^

Your "Program Affiliations" below your username begs to differ!
Old Mar 3, 2019, 11:10 am

Programs: UA 1K; *G, AA Plat
Should've requested they send me a physical Platinum card. Should've requested they send me a physical Platinum card. Why didn't I ask for one ?! At least then when I checked in I could flash the card at the agent and act all surprised in the odd chance they notice I'm Gold.

-James
Do they still send physical cards? For any status? Or is it by request only?
Old Mar 3, 2019, 11:18 am

Programs: None - previously UA
Originally Posted by transportprof

^^
What does the App say?
Old Mar 3, 2019, 11:42 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Mine still Plat on the website -- thought I got lucky for a minute!
Nope. App says Gold : (
And I have a reservation at a beach resort this week-- too late to cancel. Damn.
Old Mar 3, 2019, 11:43 am

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by escapefromphl
What does the App say?
I'm still showing Plat on the App too!
And I updated my profile for Narvik.
narvik likes this.
Old Mar 3, 2019, 11:49 am

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE

-James
My Apple Wallet card still shows I am Plat!
Old Mar 3, 2019, 11:52 am

Programs: UA S, Marriott Gold (UA), Hertz PC (UA), HH Gold (cc), Avis PP, National EC Executive
Down from plat to gold on Marriott sometime this am too. But I was expecting worse (down to general member) since I’m only UA silver this year. Hopefully that processing doesn’t happen until next year.

Any GS who kept the Marriott platinum?

Anybody have any idea if hertz status will disappear at some point for United 1k/plat who lose their status?
Old Mar 3, 2019, 11:59 am

Programs: UA 1K MM - AF G – TK G – AZ Ex – Hilton D – Marriott G – IHG P
Everything says Gold as of today.
Cancelled the Renaissance room... LOL
Old Mar 3, 2019, 12:19 pm

Programs: UA 1K, 1MM
Same. now to go back to just searching on costs and amenities. I don't blame Marriott for this downgrade, this is going to affect my spending but, honestly probably not enough to impact them
cranky1K likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.