Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 12, 2013, 12:34 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: edcho
7/12/2013 @ 1:16 AM ET - Post 1 - An tweet noticed by penner42 in regards to "a new rewards experience" coming to MileagePlus members. Direct link for tweet post is here and for Facebook is here.
7/12/2013 @ 2:33 PM ET - Post 179 - An update by UA Insider telling us to hang tight.
Hi everyone,

Wanted to jump in here and let you know that we are indeed looking ahead to an announcement about new reward opportunities for MileagePlus members—over and above what you’ve seen already this week. I’ll ask that you sit tight for the next few days, but rest assured you can expect full details from me the minute we go live. And while I know you’ll give us honest feedback (as always), I do believe this is something to look forward to :-).

Aaron Goldberg
Sr. Manager – Customer Experience Planning
United Airlines
Note: The Mercedes-Benz offer for Premier members is NOT related to this.
Print Wikipost

New rewards experience coming

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2013, 2:07 pm

Programs: UA 1P, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Crap, I'm 10K miles short for a long haul LH F redemption. Gotta burn my miles quick!
Old Jul 12, 2013, 2:23 pm

Programs: UA Gold-MM, AA Gold-MM, F9-Silver, Hyatt Something, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by mediator
Crap, I'm 10K miles short for a long haul LH F redemption. Gotta burn my miles quick!
Good luck booking that....
Old Jul 12, 2013, 2:24 pm

Programs: United Airlines Premier, Starwood Gold Preferred Guest, Hyatt Gold Passport, Club Carlson Gold
This waiting game is not fun...
Old Jul 12, 2013, 2:24 pm

Programs: UA Gold MM / AS MVP Gold
Question is this it?

Your miles can put you in the spotlight at this year's Emmy Awards.
Old Jul 12, 2013, 2:26 pm
Original Poster

Was just looking at some flights in expert mode and noticed YN and JN fare classes. Have those always been there? I don't remember seeing them in the past.
Old Jul 12, 2013, 2:27 pm

Programs: UA 1K, 1.3mm
"Emmy Awards"

Just got that as well. Now this is the kind of enhancement I have been waiting for.
Old Jul 12, 2013, 2:30 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Ua Gold, GE.. Sucker for punishment
So forget all the negativity, what would be an awards redemption enhancement you would REALLY want?

Me: Ability to use more miles instead of copays for international upgrades.. behind instruments of course..
Old Jul 12, 2013, 2:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
I got bid on Maui experience email but i did click on that page earlier today so probably a coincidence
Old Jul 12, 2013, 2:34 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Nexus, GE
Originally Posted by cyclogenesis
So forget all the negativity, what would be an awards redemption enhancement you would REALLY want?

Me: Ability to use more miles instead of copays for international upgrades.. behind instruments of course..
Now that would be quite an exciting development. I really miss the days of mileage upgrades without copays. If I were a general member, maybe using miles to get E+ seating would be nice.
Old Jul 12, 2013, 2:34 pm
Original Poster

Agreed. I don't understand why they don't do this for all taxes and fees. Let us use miles at 1c/mile for that. So for a regular domestic roundtrip 25k + $5, let use just do 25,500 if we want instead. Good deal for them due to the bad redemption value, but allows people to truly get flights for free.
Old Jul 12, 2013, 2:37 pm

Programs: UA IK, Hyatt Plat, Avis PP
GPU's without fare restrictions & improvements to saver awards showing for Plat and higher. Also, with the new PQD requirements, awards could provide PQM.
Old Jul 12, 2013, 2:39 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Delta Plat, AA Plat, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Courtesy Card

Honestly, at this point, all I want is status quo. Just change nothing, and I will truly have a happy happy hour on this fine Friday afternoon.
Old Jul 12, 2013, 2:41 pm

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Platinum, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by jlivengo
GPU's without fare restrictions & improvements to saver awards showing for Plat and higher. Also, with the new PQD requirements, awards could provide PQM.
Would love that! Never understood why "standard" awards (not saver) didn't give PQMs...
Old Jul 12, 2013, 2:41 pm

Programs: UA Plat, 2MM
Originally Posted by fjfv19
Honestly, at this point, all I want is status quo. Just change nothing, and I will truly have a happy happy hour on this fine Friday afternoon.
Are you kidding, Jeff is FAR from done making changes "that we will like". Look for more to come.
Old Jul 12, 2013, 2:43 pm

Programs: UA PM, DL PM, Bonvoy Titanium, HH Gold
In today's "I want things instantly" environment, I have no idea why United sent this Tweet out at 1 AM EDT (or something like that) with nothing else to back up or share.

I'm sure nobody was about to buy a ticket on Delta and then saw the Tweet and thought "oooh, I should hold off and see what United says".

In fact, it seems to be raising more panic than good from within our FT community.

Just have no idea why they even bothered to send out the Tweet if they weren't ready to share in a short amount of time. They gained nothing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.