Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 12, 2013, 12:34 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: edcho
7/12/2013 @ 1:16 AM ET - Post 1 - An tweet noticed by penner42 in regards to "a new rewards experience" coming to MileagePlus members. Direct link for tweet post is here and for Facebook is here.
7/12/2013 @ 2:33 PM ET - Post 179 - An update by UA Insider telling us to hang tight.
Hi everyone,

Wanted to jump in here and let you know that we are indeed looking ahead to an announcement about new reward opportunities for MileagePlus members—over and above what you’ve seen already this week. I’ll ask that you sit tight for the next few days, but rest assured you can expect full details from me the minute we go live. And while I know you’ll give us honest feedback (as always), I do believe this is something to look forward to :-).

Aaron Goldberg
Sr. Manager – Customer Experience Planning
United Airlines
Note: The Mercedes-Benz offer for Premier members is NOT related to this.
Print Wikipost

New rewards experience coming

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2013, 10:55 am

Programs: UA 1k, Marriott Plat, HH gold, Avis/Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by yerffej201
TPG says its a United and Mercedes Benz Partnership...

oh wow

Link: http://goo.gl/AF1Su

discounts and miles for leasing/purchasing
its not a good deal, all rpicing is above invoice, so you can get cheaper deals at MB if you know what your doing.....Major fail of an announcement....

BUT glad its not a devaluation
Old Jul 12, 2013, 10:59 am

Originally Posted by dcsnowwake
its not a good deal, all rpicing is above invoice, so you can get cheaper deals at MB if you know what your doing.....Major fail of an announcement....

BUT glad its not a devaluation
Again, it does not appear to be the mercedes thing
Old Jul 12, 2013, 11:00 am

Originally Posted by j1j2j38
Again, it does not appear to be the mercedes thing
Yaa.... that was earlier... really not good.
Old Jul 12, 2013, 11:02 am

Programs: UA Gold MM / AS MVP Gold
The silence from UA Insider is deafening.
Old Jul 12, 2013, 11:09 am

I hope their marketing team is paying attention. It is extremely telling that as soon as one of these nebulous announcements comes out the assumption is almost uniformly that it's another "enhancement" for UA's bottom line at the expense of its customers.
Old Jul 12, 2013, 11:09 am

Programs: UA Gold-MM, AA Gold-MM, F9-Silver, Hyatt Something, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by sfozrhfco
Don't understand the logic. If points are worth 1 cent then it makes it very easy to calculate how much an account balance is worth and how much you can afford to "spend" to get an award no matter what the carrier is. This is how it already works on B6/VX/WN.
WN and B6 don't have any partners. Does VX? I think that's the point.
Old Jul 12, 2013, 11:11 am

Programs: United Mileage Plus Premier Executive
Oh Jeff.
Old Jul 12, 2013, 11:13 am

Programs: Won Kay
Originally Posted by Kacee
Available destinations include Lagos, Kabul, Caracas, Damascus, and Bakersfield.
I think you meant Oildale, right?
Old Jul 12, 2013, 11:14 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by amartin1979
The silence from UA Insider is deafening.
we're still within 12 hours of the original tweet. No announcement by CoB today would be a different story.

Originally Posted by Lurker1999
I hope their marketing team is paying attention. It is extremely telling that as soon as one of these nebulous announcements comes out the assumption is almost uniformly that it's another "enhancement" for UA's bottom line at the expense of its customers.
On FT? Probably the standard reaction from nearly any FT forum anticipating any travel supplier announcement.
Old Jul 12, 2013, 11:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
we're still within 12 hours of the original tweet. No announcement by CoB today would be a different story.

On FT? Probably the standard reaction from nearly any FT forum anticipating any travel supplier announcement.
I don't facebook but somebody posted up thread that they are getting a similar response there. It does speak to bad marketing though if the first thing anyone assumes when you say you're going to make an annoucement is that it must mean bad news.
Old Jul 12, 2013, 11:19 am
Suspended

Programs: UA PP, AA, DL, BA, CX, SPG, HHonors
let's be honest ... UA miles has been the most useful for quite sometime, so it's only realistic that they would want to bring it back to the level of their competitors

as long as they only do a minor devaluation, i'm fine with it. I, however, would be sincerely pissed if they went to 3-tier award with 0.001% chance of scoring a low-level one.
Old Jul 12, 2013, 11:25 am

Programs: UA IK, Hyatt Plat, Avis PP
If it was a big positive change, UA Insider would have announced it. My guess is it's gimmicky and tied to credit cards. It will be useless to anyone above silver.
Old Jul 12, 2013, 11:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Huge +1 to this
Old Jul 12, 2013, 11:30 am

Programs: HHonors diamond, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Silver
Just made a reservation hold but not ticketed it yet. Hopefully the hold price will be valid even after announcement
Old Jul 12, 2013, 11:33 am

Programs: DL DM, AA EXP, various hotel
If this were the Benz deal, I would think that UA Insider would have stepped in clarify that by now. Right?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.