Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

United long haul flights taken, not sure where to credit the miles

Old Jul 10, 2013, 4:25 am
Original Poster

So i have taken these 3 flights in May and was going to credit the miles to 9W (Jet airways) since i live in India and have around 200k miles with the program plus a silver status.

They just got back to me, saying the miles can't be credited because its L class fare and on the united site it says, L class gets 100% miles to united program

So now i can either join United Mileage Plus and get the miles in that program or other program that allows United miles.

Currently i am member of following but don't want to join a program and never be able to redeem anything
9W (Jet airways) - Silver with around 200k miles
AA - Not really alot of miles but i get some miles every month for a business transaction we do, so kinda have to have this.
AI - For air india flights i take.

I fly between India and US around 2-3 times a year, generally whatever airline i can get cheapest fare on (Except china eastern). I have flew Emirates, Cathay pacific, United & Lufthansa.

I fly about twice a month within india and then few flights within US every year on AA, US, Jet blue or United.

Couple of vacations every year to some random countries. This year so far its been France and Thailand from india

Please help, the flights i took was DEL EWR, SFO EWR DEL
Old Jul 10, 2013, 6:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Originally Posted by mohitmadaan
So i have taken these 3 flights in May and was going to credit the miles to 9W (Jet airways) since i live in India and have around 200k miles with the program plus a silver status.

They just got back to me, saying the miles can't be credited because its L class fare and on the united site it says, L class gets 100% miles to united program

So now i can either join United Mileage Plus and get the miles in that program or other program that allows United miles.
personally i'd just credit them to UA MP. you could eventually use them to fly back and forth US-India, or you could also use them to fly regionally in Asia on *A partners (SQ, 9W, etc.) at pretty good redemption rates.

I would say A3 would be another option in order to get *G status, but I don't think L class on UA earns with A3 either.
Old Jul 10, 2013, 10:15 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ddrost1
personally i'd just credit them to UA MP. you could eventually use them to fly back and forth US-India, or you could also use them to fly regionally in Asia on *A partners (SQ, 9W, etc.) at pretty good redemption rates.

I would say A3 would be another option in order to get *G status, but I don't think L class on UA earns with A3 either.
Thanks a lot for replying. I am also leaning towards UA at the end but want to make sure i know all my options.
Old Jul 10, 2013, 10:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mohitmadaan

Currently i am member of following but don't want to join a program and never be able to redeem anything
9W (Jet airways) - Silver with around 200k miles
AA - Not really alot of miles but i get some miles every month for a business transaction we do, so kinda have to have this.
AI - For air india flights i take.

I fly between India and US around 2-3 times a year, generally whatever airline i can get cheapest fare on (Except china eastern). I have flew Emirates, Cathay pacific, United & Lufthansa.

I fly about twice a month within india and then few flights within US every year on AA, US, Jet blue or United.

Couple of vacations every year to some random countries. This year so far its been France and Thailand from india

Please help, the flights i took was DEL EWR, SFO EWR DEL
You might want to check # 18 in the link below if you are not already a UA MileagePlus member.

http://www.united.com/web/en-US/cont...s/default.aspx

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.