Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Will UA issue ticket (016 ticket) w/ partner airline only, no UA/UX flight on itin?

Will UA issue ticket (016 ticket) w/ partner airline only, no UA/UX flight on itin?

Old Mar 26, 2017, 7:04 am

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
I had a fun one...tried booking FRA-INN-VIE-CDG on 016 stock, all on OS. The last 2 legs ticketed immediately, but the first leg (FRA-INN) refused to ticket at all. I called 1K line, and they said that OS would not ticket the first leg. I had to have all the flights together to get the pricing (~$230), otherwise the prices got quite expensive. In the end, I just booked everything via OS' website, as using miles would have not been the best redemption rate.

Perhaps part of the issue was that FRA-INN and INN-CDG (via VIE) were 11 days apart, and that caused some kind of issue?...
Old Mar 26, 2017, 8:32 am

Programs: UA Premier Gold
Hopefully, UA finally follows DL/AA in allowing non-016 tickets to earn PQD
silverforumsurf likes this.
Old May 21, 2017, 3:07 pm

Programs: CO Gold, SWA A-List, CP
I'm trying to book an AC flight to YYZ, which does not show on united.com. If i want it to book on the 016 stock to earn based on price (flight is not cheap), do I have to call? Or is that even possible to do?
Old May 22, 2017, 6:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by pr57001
I'm trying to book an AC flight to YYZ, which does not show on united.com. If i want it to book on the 016 stock to earn based on price (flight is not cheap), do I have to call? Or is that even possible to do?
you can't. UA does not offer codeshare on all AC flights. On a r/t you can do UA codeshare on the outbound and AC on the inbound ... that works.
Old Jun 9, 2019, 4:51 pm

Programs: SPG Plat
Originally Posted by pr57001
A year ago United web support booked me AC coded revenue flights on an all AC itin, Id give them a call and provide them the flight number. Or ask a travel agent to validate/book the ticket on UA stock (16)
Old Jun 9, 2019, 5:08 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by silverforumsurf
A year ago United web support booked me AC coded revenue flights on an all AC itin, I’d give them a call and provide them the flight number. ...
Unusually without even a codeshare but unusual can happen.

Originally Posted by silverforumsurf
Or ask a travel agent to validate/book the ticket on UA stock (16)
Would be a major no-no for a TA to do this.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Jun 9, 2019 at 6:37 pm
Old Jun 9, 2019, 6:17 pm

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Usually without even a codeshare but unusual can happen.

Would be a major no-no for a TA to do this.
How about placing a refundable UA segment on a later date as the very last flight? I believe the (at least old) rule used to be that on an international ticket, you plate on the carrier of the first _overwater_ leg. In this case, there is none. Or would the refunable segment become non-refundable if the earlier legs were, regardless of fare?
Old Jun 9, 2019, 6:38 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Starman
.. Or would the refunable segment become non-refundable if the earlier legs were, regardless of fare?
This, the most restrictive fare rule applies to the entire ticket.
Old Jun 10, 2019, 2:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
This, the most restrictive fare rule applies to the entire ticket.
This.

Also, any such segment would need to be end-on-end combinable with the other flights on the itinerary. It wouldnt be surprising for the AC flights to increase in price due to the unrelated UA segment on the itinerary, even if this were a flight that OP actually wanted to take and hence wasnt worried about refunding.
Old Jun 10, 2019, 9:33 am
Suspended

Programs: DL SM, UA MP.
Swiss has P fare sale for routes built around SFO-ZHR TATL, for around $2800.

But according to Google Flights, booked through UA, the same flights would be $4800.

Hefty premium for PQDs.
Old Jun 10, 2019, 9:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by wco81
Swiss has P fare sale for routes built around SFO-ZHR TATL, for around $2800.

But according to Google Flights, booked through UA, the same flights would be $4800.

Hefty premium for PQDs.
That sounds like an inventory issue. There probably isnt any P class on the codeshare for the day youre looking.
Old Mar 1, 2020, 7:20 am

I was wondering if there is a way to force united.com to let me book an LX transatlantic under the LX flight number rather than the UA codeshare number? I'm trying to book a roundtrip IAD-TLV with the return TLV-ZRH-IAD. I'd like to take the LX afternoon flight ZRH-IAD and want to book it under the LX flight number because LX won't let me pre-reserve a seat if I book it as the UA codeshare. I can easily book it on a third party site like Priceline and it would get issued as an 016 ticket because my outbound flight is on UA, but I'd rather have UA issue the ticket directly so I don't need to deal with a third party for any changes. UA has no problem displaying other *A flights under the airline's numbers on the TLV-Europe leg, but will only show the codeshare no. on the transatlantic. I've seen references here to being able to even book non-* flight on united.com, but can't figure out how to force the LX flight number here - any advice?
Old Mar 1, 2020, 7:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by yonatan
I've seen references here to being able to even book non-* flight on united.com, but can't figure out how to force the LX flight number here - any advice?
You can't. United.com will always use a UA flight number if one exists.

If you call United, they may be willing to issue the ticket under the LX code.
Often1 likes this.
Old Mar 1, 2020, 11:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by yonatan
I was wondering if there is a way to force united.com to let me book an LX transatlantic under the LX flight number rather than the UA codeshare number? I'm trying to book a roundtrip IAD-TLV with the return TLV-ZRH-IAD. I'd like to take the LX afternoon flight ZRH-IAD and want to book it under the LX flight number because LX won't let me pre-reserve a seat if I book it as the UA codeshare. I can easily book it on a third party site like Priceline and it would get issued as an 016 ticket because my outbound flight is on UA, but I'd rather have UA issue the ticket directly so I don't need to deal with a third party for any changes. UA has no problem displaying other *A flights under the airline's numbers on the TLV-Europe leg, but will only show the codeshare no. on the transatlantic. I've seen references here to being able to even book non-* flight on united.com, but can't figure out how to force the LX flight number here - any advice?
It is not a problem at all. Use google flights ... should bring it up with a direct link to United.com with the TATL segment as an LX flight number. As long as there is 1 UA flight number on the itinerary it should work without any problems.
You can also use matrix and use one of the booking links to e.g. Priceline in that way ... but if you want a direct booking with UA use google flights.
Old Mar 1, 2020, 11:42 am

Originally Posted by cfischer
It is not a problem at all. Use google flights ... should bring it up with a direct link to United.com with the TATL segment as an LX flight number. As long as there is 1 UA flight number on the itinerary it should work without any problems.
You can also use matrix and use one of the booking links to e.g. Priceline in that way ... but if you want a direct booking with UA use google flights.
Thanks - I tried using Google Flights but the link to UA.com only shows it with the UA flight no - even though the link to every other booking source from there does show the LX flight number. Looks like I'll have to try calling for this one.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.