Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Will UA issue ticket (016 ticket) w/ partner airline only, no UA/UX flight on itin?

Will UA issue ticket (016 ticket) w/ partner airline only, no UA/UX flight on itin?

Old Mar 1, 2020, 12:04 pm

Programs: UA 1K; National Executive Elite; Hertz PC & Hotels Galore
Originally Posted by yonatan
Thanks - I tried using Google Flights but the link to UA.com only shows it with the UA flight no - even though the link to every other booking source from there does show the LX flight number. Looks like I'll have to try calling for this one.
At least 1 segment will need to have a UA flight number for this method to work.
Old Mar 1, 2020, 12:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Thanks - I tried using Google Flights but the link to UA.com only shows it with the UA flight no - even though the link to every other booking source from there does show the LX flight number. Looks like I'll have to try calling for this one.
try breaking TLV-ZRH-IAD into 2 segments. As long as IAD-TLV is UA then there should be no issue getting TLV-ZRH-IAD with LX flight #s at all. Works for sure with OTAs, but does also work with united.com what are the dates?
Old Mar 1, 2020, 12:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I was able to get a LX flight # for TLV-ZRH when using a multi-city search.
Old Mar 1, 2020, 1:08 pm

Thanks, but the problem is not getting the LX # for TLV-ZRH - it's on the connecting transatlantic leg that I'm not able to force the LX flight number.
Old Mar 1, 2020, 2:52 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Just call UA and have the exact flights you want (and fare bases) ready to read out.

The fact that this may not work on the website is likely simply a function of the fact that there is not much call for it. But, doesn't mean that UA can't / won't do it.
Old Mar 1, 2020, 2:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks, but the problem is not getting the LX # for TLV-ZRH - it's on the connecting transatlantic leg that I'm not able to force the LX flight number.
Is there a reason you can't buy the ticket from LX or LH?
Old Mar 1, 2020, 3:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jsloan
You can't. United.com will always use a UA flight number if one exists.
Originally Posted by cfischer
It is not a problem at all. Use google flights ... should bring it up with a direct link to United.com with the TATL segment as an LX flight number.
Sorry, yes, I should have specified that United.com will use a UA flight number when searching there directly. If the Google Flights link had come up, United.com would not have replaced it with a UA flight number. Thanks for the correction.
Old Mar 10, 2022, 12:36 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Thus is an archive thread, the active thread is

Booking partner only cash flights on United.com / app

WineCountryUA
UA coModerator

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Nov 13, 2023 at 2:55 pm

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.