Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Global First in cabin luggage storage

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2013, 12:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EXP, AA-0.41MM, UA-Gold, Ex UA-1K (2006 thru 2015), PMUA-0.95MM, COUA-1.5MM-lite, AF-Silver
Originally Posted by tpatta
Thanks again. Changed to 1A&K. After 30 years of marriage we don't need to be "holding hands" distance when we travel.
Right choice. The center GF seats between the twin aisles are too close, and not much better than the cent per BF seats of an sUA 3 cabin 767.
Old Jul 10, 2013, 12:47 pm

Programs: UA GS
Originally Posted by love_to_travel
On my last Global First trip on a 747 I was in 2K and I had a really hard time getting my 21" carry-on into the bin right above my seat, so I choose 3K for my next trip. For the trip after that I'm traveling with a friend so I choose 1A/K for us. I have no idea where we're going to put our stuff on that trip, although I do see on SeatGuru that there is storage space between 1A and 1K and also right in front of 3C and 3H.
you have to have a very service oriented flight crew to be allowed to use that space. Most of the UA crews consider that "crew space". One of the UK based pursers once explained to me that that was not the case. Until then I actually believed that it indeed was crew space.
Old Jul 10, 2013, 3:21 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Several of my own making in which I was recently fast-tracked to super-duper-über-elite status
Originally Posted by Plane-is-home
you have to have a very service oriented flight crew to be allowed to use that space. Most of the UA crews consider that "crew space".
+1.

I've yet to be "allowed" use of that storage space. One FA gave me a song and dance about weight restrictions in there. Like the nose cone is going to fall off because of my grossly overweight carryon.

The lack of storage for GF on a 747 is appalling. Even with the storage issue, 1 A&K are my first choices.
Old Jul 10, 2013, 6:31 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
Originally Posted by Plane-is-home
Most of the UA crews consider that "crew space". One of the UK based pursers once explained to me that that was not the case. Until then I actually believed that it indeed was crew space.
Originally Posted by stanj
I've yet to be "allowed" use of that storage space. One FA gave me a song and dance about weight restrictions in there.
I emailed Global Services on this. They confirmed that the space to the sides of the front 'table' (each side near 2A and 2K) is free for passengers to use. However, there is a 15kg (33 lbs) weight limit per compartment. Also, the front of the table area (facing forward) is indeed for documents and not for PAX usage, according to GS.

Originally Posted by gengar
The curvature of the 747 cabin also means that the seats sometimes have different sized in-seat storage (smaller) compared to the 767/777, but that probably doesn't matter except for small bags.
HUGE +1 on this comment. The middle seats in GF on a 747 are terrible in terms of storage space and privacy. I would guess less than 1/2 the personal storage space of other seats. The seat itself is the same, but the areas around it where storage space should be is almost nil. Avoid row 3&4 middle seats on 747 at all costs!!!!

Last edited by blueman2; Jul 10, 2013 at 10:16 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.