Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

EVA (BR) award experiences using United miles

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EVA (BR) award experiences using United miles

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2021, 12:51 pm

Originally Posted by EqualOpp
Anyone here have experience with an award that gets ticketed, but then it says - waitlisted? United.com partner award.

I called United and they said it was unlikely to change. He said "inaccurate third party data on website." His real-time system showed no tickets available.

This was for EVA Airlines - TPE-SEA.

So..if it says 1 ticket at this price, it may not really be the case?

Did you get cleared? if so how long from "booking"?
I have the same issue now. My EVA flight was cancelled (booked using lifemiles). Then the lifemiles agent rebooked but on EVA - it says "waiting list".
Old Apr 16, 2021, 1:02 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
I had a Business class award ticket for the end of June. JFK to DPS with a TPE transit. Last night, I saw that the TPE to DPS segment was waitlisted. The JFK to TPE is still confirmed. I've had this ticket for the past month and both segments were confirmed.
Old Apr 16, 2021, 1:05 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Jennatraveller
Did you get cleared? if so how long from "booking"?
I have the same issue now. My EVA flight was cancelled (booked using lifemiles). Then the lifemiles agent rebooked but on EVA - it says "waiting list".
*A carriers have up to 48 hours to confirm award booking, but if not confirmed in 24 hours I might get concerned.
Old Apr 16, 2021, 1:25 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
I was able to confirm BR is releasing the odd mileage redemption ticket here and there, but still no upgrades from paid tickets.
Old Apr 16, 2021, 1:37 pm

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
*A carriers have up to 48 hours to confirm award booking, but if not confirmed in 24 hours I might get concerned.
Thank you for the fast answer! Feel much better now. There is hope.
Crossing fingers.
Old Apr 16, 2021, 4:09 pm

Programs: UA Global Services 3.2 MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by bocastephen
Yes, partner award and upgrades are frozen for the foreseeable future. Some limited awards are available with BR miles, but no upgrades.
Was this a Covid thing? Still in effect?
EDIT: as to the latter question, just saw your recent post about some award but no upgrade inventory released. Again, though, is this Covid-driven?
Old Apr 16, 2021, 5:11 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by st530
Was this a Covid thing? Still in effect?
EDIT: as to the latter question, just saw your recent post about some award but no upgrade inventory released. Again, though, is this Covid-driven?
they slashed flight frequencies and inventory but even with planes going out with small loads they still won’t do upgrades unless you’re using BR miles. At the airport we tried a cash upgrade buy up and were quoted over $5,000 one way which was more than buying business outright.
Old Apr 16, 2021, 6:19 pm

Originally Posted by Cat88L3
I had a Business class award ticket for the end of June. JFK to DPS with a TPE transit. Last night, I saw that the TPE to DPS segment was waitlisted. The JFK to TPE is still confirmed. I've had this ticket for the past month and both segments were confirmed.
Just trying to be helpful here.
Last I read about it (around march), they are not letting international flight land in DPS. It has to be routed to CGK for 5 nights quarantine and 2 PCR tests.
Unless you know the newest rule already. If it's different, please share.
Old Apr 17, 2021, 3:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bocastephen
I was able to confirm BR is releasing the odd mileage redemption ticket here and there, but still no upgrades from paid tickets.
Similar data point: Was able to book BR award from SE Asia to US for travel in October.
Old Apr 17, 2021, 9:07 pm

Originally Posted by Jennatraveller
Just trying to be helpful here.
Last I read about it (around march), they are not letting international flight land in DPS. It has to be routed to CGK for 5 nights quarantine and 2 PCR tests.
Unless you know the newest rule already. If it's different, please share.
I just heard from my Bali hotel that DPS may re-open in July in stages, beginning with flights from Singapore, South Korea, and possibly China and UAE. Being optimistic, I won't cancel my June hotel reservation until mid-May and hope the country re-opens in June.
Old Apr 18, 2021, 6:50 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by bamboola
I just heard from my Bali hotel that DPS may re-open in July in stages, beginning with flights from Singapore, South Korea, and possibly China and UAE. Being optimistic, I won't cancel my June hotel reservation until mid-May and hope the country re-opens in June.
Exactly! I'm not going to cancel my trip at all though. I'm prepared to fly to Jakarta instead of DPS if necessary. My EVA JFK to DPS award actually became available 2 weeks ago! When I saw it, I snapped it up. I thought it was a positive sign of things to come. I originally had a EWR >SFO>TPE > DPS ticket. There were only two days a week starting from June 28 for the business class JFK to DPS. It was disheartening to have the TPE to DPS segment waitlisted so shortly after I booked. However, it makes sense as the situation is fluid. Hopefully, there will be some progress to make that TPE to DPS a reality.

If I can't do EVA Air, I have points that can be transferred to Singapore Airlines, Asia Miles (Qatar/Cathay Pacific), or Emirates to get to DPS. Those countries/airlines have a Travel Corridor Arrangement with Indonesia. If DPS isn't going to be open at all to international travel by late June, I'm fine with going to Jakarta and then heading to Bali.

To Jennatraveler
Indonesia is still closed to international travel unless you meet certain criteria. I meet the criteria. As it stands now, I would need to have a PCR test before and have 2 PCR tests during my 5 nights of quarantine in Jakarta (It's 5 nights, not 5 days). I've already done my research on which Jakarta quarantine hotels.

There are the plans of the Bali green zones. The tourism minister has stated that tourists on international planes would need to be vaccinated to fly into Bali. However, entry requirements and restrictions for tourists haven't been officially announced by the Indonesian govt. You will see reports of "Bali is targeted to reopen in June/July" or "Bali could reopen in..." Everything is just wait and see. Also remember that the June/July opening is with countries that are in the TCA with Indonesia. I'm fully vaccinated with Pfizer and I'm just ready to make this trip happen.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Oct 1, 2022, 3:11 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
Do folks have any sense of how far in advance BR might release J award availability on JFK-TPE? Checking 5-6 months out, it doesn't appear to show, but there is close-in availability. Just curious if anyone has had meaningful experiences on this in recent times (given the about-to-expire quarantine rules, I imagine not...).
Old Oct 1, 2022, 5:50 pm

Programs: UA Lifetime GS 4mm
Originally Posted by PsiFighter37
Do folks have any sense of how far in advance BR might release J award availability on JFK-TPE? Checking 5-6 months out, it doesn't appear to show, but there is close-in availability. Just curious if anyone has had meaningful experiences on this in recent times (given the about-to-expire quarantine rules, I imagine not...).
BR is ratcheting up passenger flight capacity in stages based on Taiwan Covid cases and cap on weekly incoming arrivals. If expected 0+7 quarantine policy for Oct 13 proceeds smoothly, then BR will increase more flights with longer-term schedule availability. Before Covid I was able to see J award JFK-TPE 3+ month out regularly.
Old Oct 1, 2022, 6:46 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
Originally Posted by npei
BR is ratcheting up passenger flight capacity in stages based on Taiwan Covid cases and cap on weekly incoming arrivals. If expected 0+7 quarantine policy for Oct 13 proceeds smoothly, then BR will increase more flights with longer-term schedule availability. Before Covid I was able to see J award JFK-TPE 3+ month out regularly.
Thanks! I flew TPE-JFK pre-pandemic in J, so I know it was more readily available. Part of me wonders if BR will play it tight with availability if they feel demand will come back strongly with the elimination of quarantine. We are thinking about traveling their in March, but my wife wants to be in J
Old Oct 2, 2022, 11:53 am

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond; UA/*A
Nice to see this thread again!!

I have booked an award ticket in J from
Bali to Europe (via TPE) for early next year. The inventory became available suddenly after only Y appearing for ages.

It’s not bad for redemption value but (sigh) suffered a significant devaluation over the years (SE Asia//Europe on partners)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.