Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New TV Commercial for p.s.

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2013, 2:52 pm

Originally Posted by weirdlyndon
Any response?
Nothing notable. CEO or his assistant CCed the msg to O'Toole saying they will look into it. Who knows...

But do know they were planning a refresh of the soft product at the end of this year.
Old Aug 1, 2013, 8:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
So I live in the metro NYC area, and have yet to see this commercial since it supposedly had a (regional) launch 4 weeks ago...anyone else seen it recently? Wonder if it got yanked...
Old Aug 1, 2013, 8:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Plat, Copa Pres. Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, SPG LT Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
So I live in the metro NYC area, and have yet to see this commercial since it supposedly had a (regional) launch 4 weeks ago...anyone else seen it recently? Wonder if it got yanked...
I'm in Manhattan and just saw it as I was FFWDing through commercials tonight. Can't remember if it was for a show recorded today or a few days ago, but it was recent either way.

Update: it came on again, just now. Apparently they're targeting House Hunters watchers
Old Aug 2, 2013, 7:18 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA Platinum, Alaksa MVP 75K, Air Berlin Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC
Haven't seen it, but have seen quite a few subway ads touting p.s. exclusively.
Old Aug 2, 2013, 7:52 am

Programs: Hyatt GLOB, Marriott Lifetime PLT, UA 1K 1MM.
Originally Posted by UAL4life
They should brig back Pentagram and give them full authority. Nuff said.
that's a nice dream to have, but it seems like a dream nonetheless.
Old Aug 2, 2013, 8:14 am
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
Originally Posted by cerealmarketer
Here are photos from a PS business flight in January 2005.

http://i1091.photobucket.com/albums/...at111154AM.png

How is this different than what we see today in business class?

In fact, that large size main was downsized by PMUA, and made larger after 3/3/12.

All I can gather is we don't have a 'specialty cocktail' listed on the menu, and no pre-arrival snack. But we're getting a lie flat seat and real personal entertainment screens. Crews are the same.

I say all of this as a critic as well. In fact, recently wrote to senior management about the need to mystery shop Delta on these routes, as they do a much better job than United or AA. And a better job than United PS business circa 2005.
The size of the main course was still the same - it's the plate that got bigger.

Originally Posted by bsb21
Yup! On my PS flights, they never brought out the bottle and I dared not ask what it was!
It's not a well known brand, and it's in a 187ml bottle, as opposed to a full size bottle.

I saw it last week during the NBC 11pm news. There is a large billboard near SFO advertising p.s. service as well.
Old Aug 2, 2013, 8:18 am

Programs: UA 1K, Delta Plat, AA Plat, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Courtesy Card
I've seen it, live in NYC. United also has a bunch of ads at the bus stops in NYC that say "You can still find seats in this city - Rated #1 best seat availability for award travel", or something to that effect. They are plastered throughout the West Village.
Old Sep 19, 2013, 9:06 am

Today, I learned about the following new television advertisement from BA:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1M0p...ature=youtu.be

In their own words: "Our latest TV advert illustrates how we've been investing to make your journey better."

Thought it might be interesting to have a conversation in which we compare and contrast this campaign with recent UA advertising and marketing materials.

Key points:

To pioneer.
To engineer.
To innovate.
To imagine.
To Fly.
To Serve.
Today.
Tomorrow.

How does this compare and contrast with the talking points that UA is offering?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.