Wiki Posts
Search

Canceling One of Two Award Reservations

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2013, 9:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA UA DL
Canceling One of Two Award Reservations

I booked two Saver Award tickets ORD-ARN using Mileage Plus miles on SK for later this year. My wife now can not join me, so I called UA to cancel her reservation and get the miles recredited. UA says it can not split the reservation so I'd have to cancel both and rebook mine. However, Saver Award inventory is no longer available. Thus, UA advised me that in order to not lose my Saver Award, I have to keep both reservations and wait until check-in to advise SK that my wife won't be traveling. UA says at that point, SK will split the reservations and honor mine as a Saver Award (even though the reservations can not be split in advance) and when I return I can call UA and get the miles recredited for my wife's unused ticket. I pointed out to UA that it is advising me to keep a seat out of its inventory that I know I won't use and it won't have time to resell. The UA agent agreed but said there is no choice. If I do this, (i) will I really not have a problem with my reservation at check-in, and (ii) will UA really recredit the miles after-the-fact? Thanks for any advice.
Old Jun 28, 2013, 9:31 pm

Programs: MP,MR Silver,Avis
There was another thread recently where someone mentioned having to reach the *A MPSC desk instead of just the regular MPSC desk to get a partner award ticket split in order to fund it from two different MP accounts.
Old Jun 28, 2013, 10:32 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
My guess is if you just try again and get a different representative they will split it for you. It seems impossible to believe they can't split the reservation.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.