United Club credit card -- first year free?

Old Jun 20, 13, 11:45 am
Original Poster

United Club credit card -- first year free?

I signed up for the United Club credit card and they waived the annual fee for the first year but I think that offer expired on May 31st and now my folks want to sign up. Does anyone know of a way to take advantage of that offer now?
Old Jun 20, 13, 1:42 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, HA Plat
Having United status and no current United card seems to do the trick.
Old Jun 21, 13, 3:25 am
Original Poster

OK, I'm having them call United to get their frequent flier numbers (which may or may not exist) and then I'll get them online access and see if they're presented with the offer if they sign up through there.
Old Jun 21, 13, 5:23 pm
mia
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Moderator: American Express, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; HH Gold
Moderator action

Thread moved to MileagePlus forum, the primary discussion venue for all UA topics, including co-branded credit cards. Why? This forum contains the highest concentration of UA flyers and cardholders who may be aware of offers distributed through the United Clubs, in-flight magazines, etc.
Old Jun 22, 13, 1:14 am
Original Poster

I tried clicking through to the offer from their online MileagePlus accounts but it looks like the offer is a $100 statement credit after the first purchase now. Does anyone know if the waived annual fee for the first year is still available?

Search this Thread