Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 13, 2013, 10:29 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: aacharya
The Fleet Status site is:

https://sites.google.com/site/unitedfleetsite/

At the site, you can find information about the interior features, livery, etc., for every plane in United's fleet.

To determine which plane your flight will be on go to mobile.united.com and then click on flight status. Put in the flight number for your flight and just have it use today's date (occasionally it'll say flight not operated on this date in which case just choose one of the other 3 dates it lists). In the address bar you'll see something like this:

mobile.united.com/FlightStatus/FlightDetails?carrierCode=UA&flightNumber=1205&fli ghtDate=9%2F22%2F2013&origin=EWR&destination=SFO

Just change the flight date to match the day of your scheduled flight and then change the origin / destination if necessary. Once you do that look in the details tab under aircraft # and if they have assigned a plane it'll say something like #3506 and the type of plane. Once you know that go to the United Fleet website listed above and cross-reference the four digit number against the "aircraft" column under the appropriate aircraft type.

Keep in mind that things change as they get closer and sometimes either they won't have assigned an aircraft yet or it'll be assigned #0 if it's a few days away and they are anticipating aircraft movement (e.g. putting a new/converted p.s. plane entering into service).
Print Wikipost

United Airlines Fleet Updates

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2012, 7:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Silver, Hilton Gold
Post The United Airlines Fleet

Hello Fellow FlyerTalkers!

I have created this thread for those of you who would like to track the United Airlines fleet upgrade process: IFE, seat upgrades, class upgrades, E+ being added to PMCO aircraft, aircraft painting or anything related to the United and Continental fleet, this is the right thread! I have created a website to track it in an easier format. I will update it on weekends and on Wed or Thursdays, and to see what I updated can be found on the Welcome Page.

https://sites.google.com/site/unitedfleetsite/home

Sit back, relax and enjoy the test flight!

FOR any comments, suggestions, errors or questions please leave them on this thread and I will reply ASAP.
THANKS!

Last edited by Ocn Vw 1K; Jan 18, 2013 at 8:33 pm Reason: Updated link to the tracking website
Old Jan 31, 2012, 7:46 pm

Programs: Bonvoy-Gold, HH-Gold, UA-Gold, *A-Gold
Thanks!
Old Jan 31, 2012, 7:51 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond
What kind of Y is going into the UA 763 domestic? BF in front, what kind of Y in the back? Specifically IFE and seat type?
Old Jan 31, 2012, 8:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by uastarflyer
What kind of Y is going into the UA 763 domestic? BF in front, what kind of Y in the back? Specifically IFE and seat type?
For AVOD, in a perfect world they would take CO's greater content and UA's far superior interface, but that would mean admitting something of PMUA was superior, so it's probably not going to fly.
Old Jan 31, 2012, 8:27 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by uastarflyer
I am not sure about the domestic seats. Any flyer talkers know?

Last edited by UA767400; Jan 31, 2012 at 8:55 pm
Old Jan 31, 2012, 9:02 pm

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Any information on the timeline for the 762 retirements?
Old Jan 31, 2012, 9:05 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Danski
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Any information on the timeline for the 762 retirements?
From the fleet plan 3 will be retired in the 2 quarter and two others will be retired in the 4 quarter of this year. Right now there are only 8. I am not sure which one's will be retired first.
Old Jan 31, 2012, 9:06 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: 1K 1MM; Bonvoy Ambassador; Nat'l EE; Hertz PC; Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by UA767400
I am not sure about the domestic seats. Any flyer talkers know?
I'm assuming the Coming Soon on 738's just means you haven't compiled the data yet? Thanks so much for everything else, maybe we can merge this with the repaint thread too?
Old Jan 31, 2012, 9:07 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by HobokenFlyer
Thanks!
No problem. If you have any questions please let me know.

Originally Posted by nevansm
I'm assuming the Coming Soon on 738's just means you haven't compiled the data yet? Thanks so much for everything else, maybe we can merge this with the repaint thread too?
Right: I have to figure out which 737-800's have which type of IFE. Some have DirectTv, but some don't have any. I will get that fixed by Saturday. I will post the repaint information in the first post. Great Idea!

Last edited by iluv2fly; Jan 31, 2012 at 9:13 pm Reason: merge
Old Jan 31, 2012, 9:28 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Ambassador/Plat, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
For AVOD, in a perfect world they would take CO's greater content and UA's far superior interface, but that would mean admitting something of PMUA was superior, so it's probably not going to fly.
I can't recall the UA interface from my SFO-SYD flight in October, but doesn't the main page look similar to this photo of the IFE on the CO 764 with flatbed seats?

http://www.myaviation.net/search/pho...890&size=large

Regardless, I assume that they will be standardizing this across the fleet soon anyway so hopefully they do go with the best approach.
Old Feb 1, 2012, 2:16 am

Programs: UA 1.6MM
Nice thread.

Don't forget to update the wiki with the paint progress.

Maybe it would be nice to also track the E+ conversions on the wiki?

http://www.flyerguide.com/wiki/index...Fleet_%28UA%29
http://www.flyerguide.com/wiki/index...Fleet_%28UA%29
http://www.flyerguide.com/wiki/index...sions_%28UA%29
Old Feb 1, 2012, 6:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Cuse44
I can't recall the UA interface from my SFO-SYD flight in October, but doesn't the main page look similar to this photo of the IFE on the CO 764 with flatbed seats?

http://www.myaviation.net/search/pho...890&size=large

Regardless, I assume that they will be standardizing this across the fleet soon anyway so hopefully they do go with the best approach.
No, that's the CO interface. With it, if you leave a movie to check out the air show (or anything else), when you return you have to start the movie from scratch and fast-forward 5 minutes. It doesn't tell you how long the movie is, nor at what point you are within the movie.

Stylistically too, just feels a bit lacking and navigates clunkily, though that's more of an IMO.
Old Feb 1, 2012, 7:29 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Ambassador/Plat, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
No, that's the CO interface. With it, if you leave a movie to check out the air show (or anything else), when you return you have to start the movie from scratch and fast-forward 5 minutes. It doesn't tell you how long the movie is, nor at what point you are within the movie.

Stylistically too, just feels a bit lacking and navigates clunkily, though that's more of an IMO.
Ahh, I do remember this now. On CO, I guess I have never checked out the airshow while watching a movie before. Well, hopefully they do change the software interface to model more of the UA interface. I can't imagine that would take that much effort to do, but I am far from an IT guy.
Old Feb 1, 2012, 7:53 am

Originally Posted by UA767400
No problem. If you have any questions please let me know.

Right: I have to figure out which 737-800's have which type of IFE. Some have DirectTv, but some don't have any. I will get that fixed by Saturday. I will post the repaint information in the first post. Great Idea!
Here is the IFE type for the 737-800s

Aircraft #s 202-226, 228-231, 233-234, 237-239, 241-245, 247-248, 250-259, 278-299, 501-518 & 530 have DTV Configuration will go from 16F/144Y to 16F/48W/90Y

Aircraft #s 201, 227, 232, 235, 236, 240, 246, 249 are the GUM based 738s and have drop down screens every few rows. Configuration will go from 14F/141Y to 14F/48W/86Y

Aircraft #s 260-277 are the Mid-Cabin Lav 738s and have drop down screens as well. Note that the mid-cabin lav birds will be getting the mid-cabin lav removed as well as the aux galley at 2R removed. One of the rear lavatories will be shifted over to where the aux galley is now, and a dual FA jumpseat will be attached to lavatory at 2R so 2 extra FA jumpseats will be onboard this will
happen during the E+ refits and DTV installs. Configuration will go from 20F/132Y to 16F/48W/90Y

Last edited by JOSECONLSCREW28; Feb 1, 2012 at 8:05 am
Old Feb 1, 2012, 9:07 am

Programs: UA MM, AS MVPG75K, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Why is the CO retrojet considered "repainted"? Given the plans to repaint the fleet, it still says Continental.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.