Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UA Mailing Baggage Handle Wraps to 1K/GS Customers {Archive}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 11, 2019, 12:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
This is an archive thread, the active thread is UA Mailing Blue Bag Handle Wraps to 1K/GS Customers, restarted for new 1Ks?

If you did not receive a Yellow Baggage Wrap when you reached 1K or you need another one, email 1Kvoice and request another one. They should respond and tell you that they will ship you one out within 7-10 business days.
If they do not respond to your original email, send another email.
If they do respond but do not mail you a Yellow Baggage Wrap within 10 business days then re-request one with a copy of their original response.

The bag wrap can provide priority processing of your gate check bags on UX. It may help checked bags also but the primary benefits is first delivery of gate check bags. It is not 100% (this is UA ) but with time it has become very common benefit for many UX flights.

The only known formal mention of Yellow Wraps (but only readable by GS)
Originally Posted by Ari
https://globalservices.united.com
At The Airport --> Boarding and Baggage --> Baggage
Yellow Handle Wrap for gate-checked baggage on United Express(R)-operated flights, for expedited gate checking and delivery

Thread archive:

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2019, 8:55 am

Programs: United 1K, Bonvoy Ambassador
Originally Posted by ExplorerWannabe
Finally received my 1K kit after achieving 1K at the end of Sept but no baggage handle wrap in it so just emailed 1kvoice to request one.
The 1K kits do not come with the yellow wrap. It is sent to you about a month later in another envelope.
Old Jan 5, 2019, 9:36 am

Programs: UA Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by chgodrew
The 1K kits do not come with the yellow wrap. It is sent to you about a month later in another envelope.
I actually had to request it but they said they'd send one immediately and it would take 2-3 weeks to arrive. 2 months later, it still hasn't arrived.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 10:05 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond
I emailed the 1K line and received this response:

Thanks for taking the time to write to us. We’re glad to hear from you.

At this time and we can't put in a request for fulfillment until the vendor opens the portal again. Please contact us after 1/31/19 and we will be happy to request them for you.

Old Jan 13, 2019, 10:44 pm

Programs: United
Quick question: When first qualified for 1K last year, I was given a nice yellow United bag handle. Are these still gifted?? Anyone receive one in the recent past? Thanks!
Old Jan 13, 2019, 11:46 pm

Programs: UA 1K; *G, AA Plat
Originally Posted by catahoulafriend
Quick question: When first qualified for 1K last year, I was given a nice yellow United bag handle. Are these still gifted?? Anyone receive one in the recent past? Thanks!
They're not standard with the 1K kit. Call Mileageplus via the 1K number and request them, they're called "yellow bag handles..." or something of the sort. They'll be more than happy to ship them to you
Old Jan 14, 2019, 5:27 am

Programs: BA Bronze, United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by catahoulafriend
You usually get one when you first qualify for 1K. Then you have to wait many years before you can request one if it becomes too frayed. Meaning that I doubt that they would send you one this year.

But, yes, they will be sending one to first time 1K qualifiers this year.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 11:04 am

Programs: UA GS, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by StuckinITH
You usually get one when you first qualify for 1K. Then you have to wait many years before you can request one if it becomes too frayed. Meaning that I doubt that they would send you one this year.

But, yes, they will be sending one to first time 1K qualifiers this year.
I've gotten a new one in back to back years.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 11:23 am

Originally Posted by AugustusM
Then you can consider yourself lucky. How did it happen? Did it arrived just like that or did you request one? If you requested one, did you write a compelling reason?

In this same thread, in October 2018, there are some of our fellow FTers that mentioned that their requests did not generate a new one arriving at their front steps......I mean in their mailboxes.

Maybe GS get special treatment......
Old Jan 14, 2019, 11:41 am

Then you can consider yourself lucky. How did it happen? Did it arrived just like that or did you request one? If you requested one, did you write a compelling reason?

In this same thread, in October 2018, there are some of our fellow FTers that mentioned that their requests did not generate a new one arriving at their front steps......I mean in their mailboxes.

Maybe GS get special treatment......
I called and said I wanted a new one because it was dirty, it came 4 weeks later. I then gave it to my wife so when she travels with me all of our bags have them. Also, I was still a lowly 1K at that point.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 11:47 am

I called and said I wanted a new one because it was dirty.....
Good that they were polite enough not to answer: "put it in the wash".
Old Jan 14, 2019, 11:49 am

Good that they were polite enough not to answer: "put it in the wash".
I would have just HUCA'd them until I found someone to send one out, I'm in sales so I'm somewhat persistent.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 12:41 pm

Programs: UA MM 1K, AA MM Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
Requested one last year - didn't get it, but my MM-companion-status-matched SO did receive one unrequested.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 1:54 pm

Programs: UA MM Plat, UA 1MM, Hilton Lifetime Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold, CLEAR, AS MVP Gold
LIkewise, I got them in 2016 and 2017 but not last year. I really don't use so didn't care. I actually place them on my specialized checked luggage in the hope that it will handled better (I know it is a foolish wish). I rarely gate check anything.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 2:36 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Marriott Gold
UA Mailing Blue Bag Handle Wraps to 1K/GS Customers, restarted for new 1Ks?

As I said several posts ago, I emailed them and requested one 3 months ago. They said no problem, expect it in the mail in 2-3 weeks. 2+ months later, I still didn't have it. When I emailed 1K a couple weeks ago to ask if they had a tracer for it, I got the same response reported above, wait until after 1/31/19 to ask for another one. It is no longer standard practice for UA to mail them out automatically, you have to request it. They seem to be pretty good about responding and sending except when you get close to the annual cut-off (like right now).
Old Jan 15, 2019, 2:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
I got one of these the first year they sent them out -- and then never received another. The same goes for Mrs. Xyzzy. I wnder, did those who received them multiple times change MP levels at some point in time?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.