Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UA Mailing Baggage Handle Wraps to 1K/GS Customers {Archive}

Old Feb 11, 2019, 12:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
This is an archive thread, the active thread is UA Mailing Blue Bag Handle Wraps to 1K/GS Customers, restarted for new 1Ks?

If you did not receive a Yellow Baggage Wrap when you reached 1K or you need another one, email 1Kvoice and request another one. They should respond and tell you that they will ship you one out within 7-10 business days.
If they do not respond to your original email, send another email.
If they do respond but do not mail you a Yellow Baggage Wrap within 10 business days then re-request one with a copy of their original response.

The bag wrap can provide priority processing of your gate check bags on UX. It may help checked bags also but the primary benefits is first delivery of gate check bags. It is not 100% (this is UA ) but with time it has become very common benefit for many UX flights.

The only known formal mention of Yellow Wraps (but only readable by GS)
Originally Posted by Ari
https://globalservices.united.com
At The Airport --> Boarding and Baggage --> Baggage
Yellow Handle Wrap for gate-checked baggage on United Express(R)-operated flights, for expedited gate checking and delivery

Thread archive:

Print Wikipost

Old Mar 3, 2018, 11:08 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Requested yesterday around 14:00 PST. Received in today's mail. Something tells me it was already on the way!
Old Mar 4, 2018, 8:33 am

Programs: United, Hilton, Marriott, Hertz, National
After being told twice that I wasn't able to request a yellow wrap until a certain date (both of which were different in each response), I requested mine again on 2/19, received a confirmation from 1kvoice on 2/20, and received the wrap on 2/28. The confirmation from 1kvoice said it would take four weeks but apparently United pads their shipping estimates just like their flight schedules.
Old Mar 4, 2018, 3:01 pm

Arrived in the mail yesterday
Old Mar 4, 2018, 3:30 pm

Programs: United, Bonvoy, NEXUS/GE, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by flybit
apparently they cant mail them to Canada.
Unless that’s a recent change, fwiw I’ve had two delivered to me in Canada over the last few years.
Old Mar 4, 2018, 11:12 pm

Programs: UA (1K, 2MM), AA, Avis, National
Originally Posted by BasedinCLE
After being told twice that I wasn't able to request a yellow wrap until a certain date (both of which were different in each response), I requested mine again on 2/19, received a confirmation from 1kvoice on 2/20, and received the wrap on 2/28. The confirmation from 1kvoice said it would take four weeks but apparently United pads their shipping estimates just like their flight schedules.
No such luck for me. Requested my handle about the same time, still waiting.
Old Mar 5, 2018, 8:05 am

Programs: UA GS, HH Diamond
Requested a new one last month and it was sent out without fuss.
Old Mar 5, 2018, 10:09 am

Programs: BA Bronze, United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Live4Upgrade
Mine is secured with a zip tie for this very reason.
Originally Posted by goalie
As is mine
Mine arrived today unrequested. Funny that yesterday I thought about requesting it but then got too busy.

Would you be kind to explain how you secure it with a zip tie. Thank you!
Old Mar 5, 2018, 8:38 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by StuckinITH
Mine arrived today unrequested. Funny that yesterday I thought about requesting it but then got too busy.

Would you be kind to explain how you secure it with a zip tie. Thank you!
I attached the yellow wrap around the handle and then applied two zip ties (one to each end of the wrap) and then cut the part of the zip tie which was sticking out and that was it (but note that the small "stub" which remains can feel sharp agains your hand when carrying the bag so you'll need to rotate the attached zip-tie to find the spot where it doesn't poke your hand)
Old Aug 15, 2018, 6:36 pm

Programs: Ex-UA Silver | Global Entry | Ex-HH Gold
Anyway to get Gold Luggage wraps for non-1K/GS?

Anyway for a non 1k to get the gold luggage wraps?

Leaving for a trip to NYC to go from Silver > Gold next week. And a couple other small trips planned later this year.
No hopes of being anything above Plat anytime soon.
Old Aug 15, 2018, 6:42 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
eBay or the trash can. They mean less than nothing.
Old Aug 15, 2018, 6:51 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by gregoryad
Anyway for a non 1k to get the gold luggage wraps?...
Legitimately from UA, no
Old Aug 15, 2018, 6:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by gregoryad
Anyway for a non 1k to get the gold luggage wraps?
I’m curious as to what you think having one actually does for you.

It doesn’t provide Group 1 boarding, free food and booze, 1K upgrade priority, etc
Old Aug 15, 2018, 6:55 pm

Programs: Ex-UA Silver | Global Entry | Ex-HH Gold
Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH

I’m curious as to what you think having one actually does for you.
Literally nothing. Just want one for a collection. I wont even be using it on my luggage.
Old Aug 15, 2018, 6:59 pm

Programs: UA Gold (.85 MM), HH Diamond, SPG Platinum (LT Gold), Hertz PC, National EE
I still have my 1K wrap, and while I have 4 different carry on bags depending on the trip, and slowly clawing my way back to 1K, the 1 out 10 airports that make an effort isn't worth it. Which says a lot as I'm a segment guy and spend most of my time on UX flights. It's been months since I moved the wrap from one to the other, and I have no plan to worry about the stupid thing. I've gone back to checking a bag as I've had good luck in that regard this year. Luggage often arrives about the time I arrive at the baggage claim. No more concerns of overhead bin space, and often last to board now. I realize my airports and experiences are YMV, but I'm now less stressed.

About the only thing it's worth is spotting a current or former 1K in the club and making small talk about how worthless it is.
Old Aug 15, 2018, 7:06 pm
mr8

Programs: UA1K | *A Gold
You could always try writing to UA if the majority of your flights are on CR2s which is the only time the handles might have some value.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.