Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UA Mailing Blue Bag Handle Wraps to 1K/GS Customers, New design 2024

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 5, 2017, 12:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: PTahCha
UA switched to a tri-color bag handle wraps (in post 233) in Feb 2024.

The bag wrap can provide priority processing of your gate check bags on UX. It may help checked bags also but the primary benefits is first delivery of gate check bags. It is not 100% (this is UA ) but with time it has become very common benefit for many UX flights.

older wiki content
UA switched to Blue bag handle wraps (picture below) in late 2019/early 2020 from the previous Yellow/Gold
UA started distributing the blue version and due to COVID cutbacks stopped
In Feb 2022 some distribution has restarted, unclear who is receiving these initial wraps

If you did not receive a Yellow Baggage Wrap when you reached 1K or you need another one, email 1Kvoice and request another one. They should respond and tell you that they will ship you one out within 7-10 business days.
If they do not respond to your original email, send another email.
If they do respond but do not mail you a Yellow Baggage Wrap within 10 business days then re-request one with a copy of their original response.

The only known formal mention of Yellow Wraps (but only readable by GS)
Originally Posted by Ari
https://globalservices.united.com
At The Airport --> Boarding and Baggage --> Baggage
Yellow Handle Wrap for gate-checked baggage on United Express(R)-operated flights, for expedited gate checking and delivery
New Blue (2019/2020 version)

Old Yellow / Gold

Thread archive:
UA Mailing Baggage Handle Wraps to 1K/GS Customers {Archive}

Print Wikipost

UA Mailing Blue Bag Handle Wraps to 1K/GS Customers, New design 2024

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2020, 12:03 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH
I preferred yellow on my bag also - goes better w/ brown...
Is that the Tumi Special Edition?
MatthewLAX likes this.
Old Mar 1, 2020, 12:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Kacee
Is that the Tumi Special Edition?
...r the Tummy Special Edition?
Pat89339 and Kacee like this.
Old Mar 1, 2020, 7:48 pm

Programs: UA Gold (.85 MM), HH Diamond, SPG Platinum (LT Gold), Hertz PC, National EE
Originally Posted by fumje
...r the Tummy Special Edition?
Im refusing to go to Costco, Target, Walmart, or Safeway on Maui, with or without the wrap. Stores are stupid busy and I refuse to play. I’ll survive just fine with the supply of stuff I currently have.😜

Joking aside, the wrap rarely worked/works in DEN, sometimes COS. I haven’t seen a yellow or blue wrap come up first at all this year.
Old Mar 1, 2020, 10:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by COSPILOT
Im refusing to go to Costco, Target, Walmart, or Safeway on Maui, with or without the wrap. Stores are stupid busy and I refuse to play. I’ll survive just fine with the supply of stuff I currently have.😜

Joking aside, the wrap rarely worked/works in DEN, sometimes COS. I haven’t seen a yellow or blue wrap come up first at all this year.
A new Safeway replacing the Kahului dive has opened just outside airport with wide aisles, self checkouts, plenty of cashiers and a gas station that almost matches Costco’s prices. The new United bag handle wrap gets you Safeway Club prices - as long as you have the Safeway Club card, too...
Old Mar 1, 2020, 10:26 pm

Programs: 1K
I can count on one hand, out of 100s of flights, the number of times it has worked in Denver. I use it for ID not priority.
Silver Fox likes this.
Old Mar 1, 2020, 10:39 pm

Programs: UA Gold (.85 MM), HH Diamond, SPG Platinum (LT Gold), Hertz PC, National EE
A new Safeway replacing the Kahului dive has opened just outside airport with wide aisles, self checkouts, plenty of cashiers and a gas station that almost matches Costco’s prices. The new United bag handle wrap gets you Safeway Club prices - as long as you have the Safeway Club card, too...
I use that Safeway often, as it rocks! For gas and food.

I just wish I could book OGG-DEN less than a month out for first class on the dates I end up needing. I’m flexible by a day or so, but UA severally undersized the first class cabin 772 HD vs. demand.
Old Mar 1, 2020, 11:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by COSPILOT
...I just wish I could book OGG-DEN less than a month out for first class on the dates I end up needing. I’m flexible by a day or so, but UA severally undersized the first class cabin 772 HD vs. demand.
It’s not just OGG-DEN. The long-haul Hawaiian routes have had pretty much static F capacity for years. UA’s gotten the price right and weaned FFers from expecting easy instrument upgrades. I think you’re right -UA is missing an opportunity, but I’m not sure they have the flexibility to add more seats right now. I’d add 2 more rows of 8-across to 777s and reduce coach seating. There’s no shortage of coach seats to Hawaii with WN in market now. My SFO-OGG 777 was full in F last Tuesday and coach 1/2 full (if even that).
Old Mar 1, 2020, 11:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
It’s not just OGG-DEN. The long-haul Hawaiian routes have had pretty much static F capacity for years. UA’s gotten the price right and weaned FFers from expecting easy instrument upgrades. I think you’re right -UA is missing an opportunity, but I’m not sure they have the flexibility to add more seats right now. They’re still the lower margin routes.
You mean that UA hasn't figured out how to use its monopolistic position from its hub cities into Hawaii? Just terrible.

Anyway, back to robin's egg blue handle wraps - just wondering if folks are having better luck keeping them from falling off of hard handled luggage?

David
Old Mar 3, 2020, 8:07 am

Programs: UA:MM 1K HH:Diamond IHG:Plat Marriott:Plat
My yellow wrapped rollaboard came out dead last in ORD. The paranoid me thinks UA is penalizing people using the old tags .
Old Mar 3, 2020, 2:35 pm

Programs: UA MM 1K, AA MM Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
Mrs tarheelnj is companion-matched 1K, but we only got one blue handle wrap. When I called in January, the MPSC agent said I'd have to wait until after February to order a second one. I called today, and the agent took the request without any issues. Said it would take 2-3 weeks to get it.
Old Mar 3, 2020, 3:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by tarheelnj
Mrs tarheelnj is companion-matched 1K, but we only got one blue handle wrap. When I called in January, the MPSC agent said I'd have to wait until after February to order a second one. I called today, and the agent took the request without any issues. Said it would take 2-3 weeks to get it.
tarheelnj: If you and other MM 1Ks who've requested the companion blue handle wrap receive them in a timely fashion, would appreciate it if you'd let the rest of us know via a follow up post here if this is a viable path.

Thanks!

David
tarheelnj likes this.
Old Mar 4, 2020, 1:18 pm

Heard from a baggage handler at EWR today that they were told to stop preferred handling for yellow handles this month and only look for the blue handles wraps
onthesam likes this.
Old Mar 4, 2020, 5:03 pm

Programs: UA 1K and MM, Marriot, Hilton
flew twice this week with blue handle, bag was first out both times
Old Mar 4, 2020, 6:46 pm

Programs: UA1k 3MM, AA Plt, peasant on everybody else, elite something or other at a bunch of hotels.
Originally Posted by jasonp622
flew twice this week with blue handle, bag was first out both times
Similarly for me about 3 weeks ago at ONT. Handler delivered my bag first to the GA standing at the door, I overheard her say to make sure he got the others and he said mine was the only one. So some stations got the message and are paying attention.
Old Mar 6, 2020, 1:17 am

Saw yellow still working today.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.