Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UA Mailing Blue Bag Handle Wraps to 1K/GS Customers, New design 2024

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 5, 2017, 12:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: PTahCha
UA switched to a tri-color bag handle wraps (in post 233) in Feb 2024.

The bag wrap can provide priority processing of your gate check bags on UX. It may help checked bags also but the primary benefits is first delivery of gate check bags. It is not 100% (this is UA ) but with time it has become very common benefit for many UX flights.

older wiki content
UA switched to Blue bag handle wraps (picture below) in late 2019/early 2020 from the previous Yellow/Gold
UA started distributing the blue version and due to COVID cutbacks stopped
In Feb 2022 some distribution has restarted, unclear who is receiving these initial wraps

If you did not receive a Yellow Baggage Wrap when you reached 1K or you need another one, email 1Kvoice and request another one. They should respond and tell you that they will ship you one out within 7-10 business days.
If they do not respond to your original email, send another email.
If they do respond but do not mail you a Yellow Baggage Wrap within 10 business days then re-request one with a copy of their original response.

The only known formal mention of Yellow Wraps (but only readable by GS)
Originally Posted by Ari
https://globalservices.united.com
At The Airport --> Boarding and Baggage --> Baggage
Yellow Handle Wrap for gate-checked baggage on United Express(R)-operated flights, for expedited gate checking and delivery
New Blue (2019/2020 version)

Old Yellow / Gold

Thread archive:
UA Mailing Baggage Handle Wraps to 1K/GS Customers {Archive}

Print Wikipost

UA Mailing Blue Bag Handle Wraps to 1K/GS Customers, New design 2024

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2022, 12:45 pm

Programs: LH SEN, UA 1K, A3*G, AR Platino, BA Gold
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
The problem with the response you received is it made no mention of the wraps but was about memberships kits. So as is not unknown you got a cut and paste response that was not pertinent to the apparent request you made. Happens too often. Either reading too fast or not have an answer to what was queried, unfortunately you got a cut & paste answer.

Additionally we trend to expect the CS rep to be all knowing, having most of my work life in a Fortune 10 company, internal communications is not the best in large corporations, so it would not surprise me the agent had no awareness that another department had started shipping a limited number of blue handle wraps to "first time" 1Ks. The left hand unaware of right hand parable is a common large organization truth.

Does not decrease the frustration but for me it makes it easier to shaken it off.
I asked for a replacement wrap in early 2021. I was told - rather rude - that I need to requalify first. Then, after doing that I was told that they are out of stock. I told them, that that is disappointing - got 10k Award Miles.
8MiHi likes this.
Old Mar 8, 2022, 1:56 pm

Programs: UA 1K | Marriott LT Platinum
Originally Posted by Jkrun03
To add a data point, I got one last week in the mail. Been 1k since 2019 when I moved from DL, extended in 2020 (no PP) and then earned it with the help of promos in 2021 (so not purely earned, but did get PP). Back when I first got 1k in 2019 I got a kit but no wrap, so this is the first wrap I have been sent. Irony is I usually only carry a backpack.. is it useful without a carryon that is occasionally gate checked?
Nope - unless you get enjoyment out of signaling to those also 'in the know' that you're 1K or GS (which some do of course).
Old Mar 8, 2022, 5:46 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AS MVP
First time 1K (as of last year) and received one today
Old Mar 8, 2022, 10:11 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC
1K x 4 years out of a small, regional airport. Still sporting my beat up yellow wrap from my first round. I have never requested a replacement for my handle wrap. Blue luggage wrap was pleasantly found in my mail today.
8MiHi likes this.
Old Mar 9, 2022, 12:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by leler85
1K x 4 years out of a small, regional airport. Still sporting my beat up yellow wrap from my first round. I have never requested a replacement for my handle wrap. Blue luggage wrap was pleasantly found in my mail today.
Hurrah! Hope springs eternal!

David
leler85 likes this.
Old Mar 9, 2022, 12:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
It will be interesting to see if they make it to Europe.
Old Mar 9, 2022, 12:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Silver Fox
It will be interesting to see if they make it to Europe.
Good luck! Hope that they do!

David
Silver Fox likes this.
Old Mar 10, 2022, 12:23 pm

Programs: UA 1K, DL DM
Got my handle wrap last week. Just the wrap, no bag tag. Nice gesture by UA to get them out.
Old Mar 10, 2022, 12:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by threecap
Got my handle wrap last week. Just the wrap, no bag tag. Nice gesture by UA to get them out.
Are you a first time 1K or a multi-year?

David
Old Mar 10, 2022, 12:40 pm

Programs: UA 1K, DL DM
Originally Posted by DELee
Are you a first time 1K or a multi-year?

David
Earned 1K in 2020, re-earned in 2021 - both years without relying on extensions, bonuses, etc to meet requirements (not sure if that matters for who is getting these)

edit: Was Gold 2018 and then Platinum in 2019, if that matters?
Old Mar 10, 2022, 12:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by threecap
Earned 1K in 2020, re-earned in 2021 - both years without relying on extensions, bonuses, etc to meet requirements (not sure if that matters for who is getting these)

edit: Was Gold 2018 and then Platinum in 2019, if that matters?
Congrats on achieving your hard earned 1K status. Some of us multi-year 1Ks (going back before 2019) are just trying to figure out if any of us might also be receiving the handle wraps that have been sent in the recent few days.

David
threecap likes this.
Old Mar 10, 2022, 2:36 pm
st3

Programs: United MP
Interesting that they started sending them out again...
I qualified for 1K (first time) in 2020 but they didn't send out any wraps or welcome kits. When I emailed 1kvoice last year I was told no dice. Only ended up hitting Platinum in 2021 so I guess I'm not in the queue to get one.

May as well email 1kvoice again, can't hurt.
Old Mar 15, 2022, 2:02 pm

Programs: UA 1.65M , Platinum, 1K Emeritus, UC Lifetime , HHonors Gold, Presidential Plus card holder
Originally Posted by 8MiHi
I am a first time earned 1K and I received a Blue wrap today. UX makes up about 25% of my flights (averaging over the last 5 years). This is my first ever wrap and I was going to ask this week, but they beat me to it. Also tend to fly domestic for over 85% of my flights (100% since December 2019).
Mrs 8MiHi earned 1K with over 17k 1K eligible PQPs in '21 has not received a Blue Wrap or any wrap. She did receive the extra plus points for being 2K PQPs over.
Perhaps there is a one per address policy.
Old Mar 15, 2022, 2:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 8MiHi
Mrs 8MiHi earned 1K with over 17k 1K eligible PQPs in '21 has not received a Blue Wrap or any wrap. She did receive the extra plus points for being 2K PQPs over.
Perhaps there is a one per address policy.
You could always give her yours...

David
Old Mar 15, 2022, 7:01 pm

Programs: UA 1.65M , Platinum, 1K Emeritus, UC Lifetime , HHonors Gold, Presidential Plus card holder
Originally Posted by DELee
You could always give her yours...

David
It's already on her bag.
ExplorerWannabe likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.