Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UA Mailing Blue Bag Handle Wraps to 1K/GS Customers, New design 2024

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 5, 2017, 12:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: PTahCha
UA switched to a tri-color bag handle wraps (in post 233) in Feb 2024.

The bag wrap can provide priority processing of your gate check bags on UX. It may help checked bags also but the primary benefits is first delivery of gate check bags. It is not 100% (this is UA ) but with time it has become very common benefit for many UX flights.

older wiki content
UA switched to Blue bag handle wraps (picture below) in late 2019/early 2020 from the previous Yellow/Gold
UA started distributing the blue version and due to COVID cutbacks stopped
In Feb 2022 some distribution has restarted, unclear who is receiving these initial wraps

If you did not receive a Yellow Baggage Wrap when you reached 1K or you need another one, email 1Kvoice and request another one. They should respond and tell you that they will ship you one out within 7-10 business days.
If they do not respond to your original email, send another email.
If they do respond but do not mail you a Yellow Baggage Wrap within 10 business days then re-request one with a copy of their original response.

The only known formal mention of Yellow Wraps (but only readable by GS)
Originally Posted by Ari
https://globalservices.united.com
At The Airport --> Boarding and Baggage --> Baggage
Yellow Handle Wrap for gate-checked baggage on United Express(R)-operated flights, for expedited gate checking and delivery
New Blue (2019/2020 version)

Old Yellow / Gold

Thread archive:
UA Mailing Baggage Handle Wraps to 1K/GS Customers {Archive}

Print Wikipost

UA Mailing Blue Bag Handle Wraps to 1K/GS Customers, New design 2024

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2022, 12:15 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by BThumme
I just received one today in the mail, without requesting it. I did qualify for 1K at the end of last year after previously being platinum.
Exciting! I'm in the same boat but haven't received anything yet. Contemplating whether to call 1kvoice now..
Old Mar 3, 2022, 12:16 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
On the GS, 1K UA Facebook forum there are multiple reports of unsolicited blue bag handle wraps being received.
Is this completely random or is there some pattern as to who is receiving these without requesting?
Old Mar 3, 2022, 1:07 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by LondonElite
Is this completely random or is there some pattern as to who is receiving these without requesting?
Insufficent data on FT or FB to tell. It could be those that never received in the past, first time qualifiers??? Only thing to note is most claim here and there is it was unsolicited.
Old Mar 3, 2022, 1:09 pm
Suspended

I still have my yellow one, the blue one that was sent out when they changed colors is in some drawer where I can’t find it anymore. I fly a fair bit on CRJs and EMBs so perhaps I should request one, not that delivery is ever slow.
Old Mar 3, 2022, 1:26 pm

It’s Christmas in March! I unexpectedly got mine today. 😁
(Unsolicited)
Venezuela-Miami and 8MiHi like this.

Last edited by Starbase 1K; Mar 3, 2022 at 2:18 pm
Old Mar 3, 2022, 2:54 pm

Programs: AY+ Platsku, CM Silver, Frontier Elite 100K, Marriott Gold and LT Silver, IHG Diamond Ambassador.
I only have the yellow one,
Thank you guys for reminding me how miserable my life is w/o the blue one
Old Mar 3, 2022, 2:56 pm

Programs: UA MM Plat, UA 1MM, Hilton Lifetime Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold, CLEAR, AS MVP Gold
Originally Posted by LondonElite
Have yet to receive mine fwiw.
Old Mar 3, 2022, 3:13 pm

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Let's not start a long list of "No me" which will likely be the normal (at least for a while) and not really provide any information other than you are not the only one.

What would be useful to the community is, WHo are getting theses? Your status 1K or GS? Are you new to 1K/GS? Have you gotten a Yellow or Blue wrap in the past? Have you requested a wrap recently? In the past it was generally just domestic, still true? DO you commonly fly UX, as the intent of the wraps was for UX gate checked bags. Other information that will help determine who and why?

WineCountryUA
UA coModerator
Old Mar 3, 2022, 4:29 pm

Programs: UA 1.65M , Platinum, 1K Emeritus, UC Lifetime , HHonors Gold, Presidential Plus card holder
What would be useful to the community is, WHo are getting theses? Your status 1K or GS? Are you new to 1K/GS? Have you gotten a Yellow or Blue wrap in the past? Have you requested a wrap recently? In the past it was generally just domestic, still true? DO you commonly fly UX, as the intent of the wraps was for UX gate checked bags. Other information that will help determine who and why?

WineCountryUA
UA coModerator
I am a first time earned 1K and I received a Blue wrap today. UX makes up about 25% of my flights (averaging over the last 5 years). This is my first ever wrap and I was going to ask this week, but they beat me to it. Also tend to fly domestic for over 85% of my flights (100% since December 2019).
Old Mar 3, 2022, 4:55 pm

Programs: UA AU MM,HH Diamond,Hyatt Globalist , Marriott Gold
Second time 1K, but first time in a decade.
No previous wrap, but leather bag tag last time.
Did not request.
All domestic since 2/20.
Rarely on UX.
2020: 1 of 17 segments on UX
2021: 7 of 35 (6 of those UX segments were sought after for the single side seat in first in Jan ‘21)
2022: 1 of 29 (including travel through next week)
Old Mar 3, 2022, 8:40 pm

Programs: AY+ Platsku, CM Silver, Frontier Elite 100K, Marriott Gold and LT Silver, IHG Diamond Ambassador.
Originally Posted by trm2
Second time 1K, but first time in a decade.
No previous wrap, but leather bag tag last time.
Did not request.
All domestic since 2/20.
Rarely on UX.
2020: 1 of 17 segments on UX
2021: 7 of 35 (6 of those UX segments were sought after for the single side seat in first in Jan ‘21)
2022: 1 of 29 (including travel through next week)
Air Europa?
Old Mar 3, 2022, 8:43 pm

Originally Posted by Venezuela-Miami
Air Europa?
In the UA forum, UX stands for UnitedExpress and has for a very long time.
Old Mar 3, 2022, 8:43 pm

Nevermind, got it! That's to differentiate United Express from main.

IN the UA forum, UX stands for UnitedExpress and has for a very long time.
Thanks for your reply. I skimmed more replies above and connected the dots.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Mar 4, 2022 at 9:07 pm Reason: merged consecutive / update posts by same member
Old Mar 4, 2022, 7:35 am

Programs: 1K
Flu UAX about 50% of the time and have had the handle for years. It is 99% useless here. My only memory in recent history was at IAD where ground crew rushed the two blue handles out to the ramp. I suspect the other guy was a GS.
RobOnLI likes this.
Old Mar 4, 2022, 7:49 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AMEX Plat, Marriot Gold, Hilton Gold
Got the blue handle today.

First time being 1k. Didn't request it but I did call the 1K desk last year and asked if they have plans to send out welcome kits. (The agent nope'd me)

In 2021, I had 39 flight segments and only 16 of that was on United metal.

SPN Lifer and Venezuela-Miami like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.