Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on a pmCO 777 (ver 2: 2-class 50BF)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 23, 2014, 1:10 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: drewguy
This thread is for the pmCO version of 777-200. The pmCO planes are generally used out of the former Continental hubs, Houston and Newark, for various international destinations served from those airports.

There is a separate thread on the pmUA 777 here: Version 2

If you are looking for information about the new 777-200 with Polaris configuration, that is available here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1907390-777-200-version-5-polaris-77j-seating-experience.html

Because the seating configuration is different on the UA version of the 777, advice about the "best" seats on those is basically useless with respect to the pmCO version.

How can you tell from seat map which version you're on? Look at the seat map image below - if it's this, you're on the pmCO version.

Information from United (the pmCO plane is called "Version 32")

Information from Seat Guru.

The pmCO 777 is a two-class configuration.

There are 50 Business First seats in a 2-2-2 configuration. Seats are slightly angled, towards the windows for both window pairs, and angled to the right for the center pair. The seats are in 2 cabins, one in front of the 2L/2R doors typically used for boarding (26 seats) and one behind (24 seats). The seats are lie flat, and all face forward (although angled).

There are 63 Economy Plus seats, at the front of the economy cabin (Rows 16-22) plus the 3L/3R exit row (row 31/32). The remaining 154 seats are standard economy seats. The Economy configuration is 3-3-3, except for Row 44 which has only two seats on the two window groups.

BusinessFirst Seats
Best seats
Bulkhead Rows
Each BusinessFirst seat has a footwell that is built into the back of the seat in front of it. This allows the passenger to have a "full length" bed for sleeping. Many people report that this footwell is rather narrow and cramped, and can make sleeping difficult.
Row 1 (D/E and K/L), Row 2 (A/B) and Row 8 have larger footwells because the well is built into the bulkhead rather than the seat in front of it. As a result, there is no need to narrow the footwell to accommodate the reclining mechanism in the forward seat.

Bassinet available for 8AB, 8KL

Center section seats
The pair of seats in the center section both have direct aisle access, so there is no need to climb over another passenger, nor is there any need for the pairmate to climb over you.

Worst seats
1D/1E
1D is immediately adjacent to the front lavatory (and 1E a bit further away), creating disturbance and other annoyances from sitting next to a lavatory.

Economy Seats
Row 16 (bulkhead)
The bulkhead row has additional legroom. However, the tray tables and AVOD in the armrest narrow the seat width. These rows also allow bassinets (16DEF, 31DEF)

Row 32 (exit row)
Exit row has additional legroom but is next to the lavatories. The open space and lavs leads to congregation of standing passengers.
Print Wikipost

Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on a pmCO 777 (ver 2: 2-class 50BF)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2019, 1:29 pm

Programs: UNITED 1K, THAI ROP GOLD, Marriott PLAT, Hilton Gold
many thanks...
Old Jan 27, 2019, 6:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
EWR-HKG flight, and all the center buikheads are taken already.

Been struggling with tradeoff between bulkhead on the sides (with someone climbing over me) or non-buik head in the center (smaller footwell, but no climbovers).
Basically 8K or 10E
Anyone have a strong argument on these?

Tentatively landed on 10E, but really hoping 8D or 8E opens up....
Old Jan 27, 2019, 11:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
I don't mind the footwell size that much, but it's a very YMMV situation.
goodeats21 likes this.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 4:13 am

seat 45 d/e/f have more legroom like it sounds on the seat map?

united bowing 777 200
Old Feb 12, 2019, 4:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by kingdavid2000
united bowing 777 200
Hi kingdavid2000. Welcome to FlyerTalk!

Unfortunately, it is not quite that simple. United flies many different versions of the 777-200. I am not aware of any of them for which 45 d/e/f have extra legroom.

There are specific threads for each plane type which have information on all the seat options.
The following thread has links to all the different types, and is a good place to start.
Good luck.

Consolidated Where to Sit on a United Plane Threads
Old Feb 12, 2019, 11:42 am

united bowing 777 200
bowing 777 200 aircraft 3018
Old Feb 12, 2019, 11:57 am

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Formerly Starbucks Gold
Tail 3018 is a http://www.united.com/web/en-US/cont...77/200/v2.aspx

OP can reference Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on a pmCO 777 (ver 2: 2-class 50BF) .

I don't think there's extra room in the middle seats at the end of the plane
Old Feb 12, 2019, 12:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA, DL
Also, the pmCO 772 thread says this about row 45:

Originally Posted by joshwex90

45 does NOT have extra legroom. It has standard legroom and may have limited recline. I'd avoid that row at all costs!
Old Feb 12, 2019, 12:24 pm

As u see in the first link u send that its sound like its have much more room in back of the seat to stratch the seat
Old Feb 12, 2019, 12:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

As u see in the first link u send that its sound like its have much more room in back of the seat to stratch the seat
Could you highlight what you're seeing that suggests there is extra room? It doesn't seem from any of the sources I and others have posted that it's the case. I think drewguy found a pretty conclusive report.

If you're referring to the pictorial rendering of the seat map — do not trust that. It's not drawn to uniform scale.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 12:36 pm

Thanks for the ansers and i will figure out on the plane soon
Old Mar 15, 2019, 9:11 am

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
In people’s experience on this bird, how often are the bassinets in row 8 utilized? Asking as I am currently in the middle seats in row 8...usually sit in the front J cabin but no middle pair of seats is currently open.
Old Mar 15, 2019, 11:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by PsiFighter37
In people’s experience on this bird, how often are the bassinets in row 8 utilized? Asking as I am currently in the middle seats in row 8...usually sit in the front J cabin but no middle pair of seats is currently open.
In my experience, they are almst never used. I'd bet your seats will be safe.
Air Houston likes this.
Old Mar 16, 2019, 3:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Agree. Row 8 Middle Section is my preferred seating, and I have never had a bassinet show up in row 8.
Air Houston likes this.
Old Mar 16, 2019, 8:15 pm

Programs: UA GS, DL-Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Somethingist, Marriott Titanium Lifetime
Originally Posted by PsiFighter37
Seats 8D and 8E are a great choice on this bird. I have flown this aircraft at least 50 times in J and always choose 8E if it is available. Only one time have I seen the bassinet used, on a flight to Brazil.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.