Why Fly UA?

Old Jun 17, 2013, 6:45 am
RNE

Originally Posted by PDXPremier
As a Silver, I fly UA because the others don't have anything to drive me away...

2. DL=Didn't think their SkyPeso mileage program could get any worse, but next year it will be based on revenue which doesn't fit with my 3cpm MR plan
All airlines will go to this model.

Originally Posted by Karl-MDW
What does "BIS" stand for?
BIS=Butt In Seat. That means you earned your PQMs by flying them, as opposed to buying them outright or otherwise obtaining them. However, it doesn't always mean that. For instance, if you get 150% PQMs for a flight, most people consider that BIS, even though your butt was only in the seat for 66.6% of the miles.
Old Jun 17, 2013, 8:41 am

Programs: UA - 1K, Marriott - Gold, Hilton - Gold, Global Entry,
I fly UA for few reasons:

1) Company contract and hub captive - I travel frequently between LHR and IAH and UA is our company's carrier of choice and almost always cheaper than BA for C

2) Lie flat seats on all intl long-haul - I've never had to suffer in an angled seat or worse on a TATL flight (or a pmUA 772 for that matter) since I started travelling internationally

3) When I lived in Houston, UA usually offered me the best combo of value and convenience. I don't enjoy making a connection if I can take a non-stop flight. I would need to realize meaningful cost savings or other benefits to take a connecting flight over a non-stop.

4)I'll have at least 5 paid C trips from LHR to IAH among other misc *A trips this yr so I'll be close enough to 1K that the GPUs and ability to brag on FT that I'm an impo'tent 1K will be worth suffering through some MRs if needed.
Old Jun 17, 2013, 11:00 am

Programs: United Million Mile Flyer, Hilton Silver, Marriott Gold, DL, AA WN
Originally Posted by RNE
All airlines will go to this model.

BIS=Butt In Seat. That means you earned your PQMs by flying them, as opposed to buying them outright or otherwise obtaining them. However, it doesn't always mean that. For instance, if you get 150% PQMs for a flight, most people consider that BIS, even though your butt was only in the seat for 66.6% of the miles.
Thanks. As a Million Miler, I have sat in a lot of seats for a lot of "real" miles.

Now, I know what "BIS" refers to.
Old Jun 17, 2013, 12:10 pm

Programs: UAL 1K MM
Originally Posted by flyingnosh
For some of us, far and away the major factor is that we live near a UA hub where there's little competition. Just being able to fly non-stop to almost anywhere in the world beats all other reasons.
DITTO

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.