FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   Missed call from united (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1473218-missed-call-united.html)

AGSF Jun 5, 2013 7:57 am

Missed call from united

I had a missed call from united at 6:15 this morning but no voicemail like you'd normally get with a flight delay. I have a flight Friday morning (a little over 48 hours from this missed call). I called back and the agent said everything was fine with my reservation and didn't know why I was called. Any thoughts on what this could've been about?

goalie Jun 5, 2013 9:59 am

Perhaps your flight might be on the way to being oversold and you were getting a pro-active call about moving to a different flight? (others have posted receiving calls about that in the consolidated forum)

Duke787 Jun 5, 2013 11:07 am

Could also be a gate change (though at T-48 that would be a little early). I've been getting calls recently for gate changes but no voicemails if I miss them

PV_Premier Jun 5, 2013 11:20 am

a few times shortly after 3/3 i got some very strange robocalls about reservations wayyyy into the future, including sometimes at 2, 3, 4 in the morning. maybe they are working on that again :)

mre5765 Jun 5, 2013 11:51 am

I once got a call informing me that my upgrade didn't clear. Those boys in Houston love to rub it in.

uastarflyer Jun 5, 2013 1:10 pm

Originally Posted by mre5765 (Post 20871191)
I once got a call informing me that my upgrade didn't clear. Those boys in Houston love to rub it in.

LOL. They should also communicate the amount of TOD that eliminated your UG opportunity.

Often1 Jun 5, 2013 3:21 pm

If your flights are fine, who cares?

WineCountryUA Jun 5, 2013 3:45 pm

Originally Posted by Often1 (Post 20872462)
If your flights are fine, who cares?

The question is are the flights OK.
If they are then why the call?
If they are not what did the agent miss?

The lack of clear answer to either is the unsettling aspect.

Kacee Jun 5, 2013 3:46 pm

Originally Posted by uastarflyer (Post 20871688)
LOL. They should also communicate the amount of TOD that eliminated your UG opportunity.

Exactly. They were calling to let you know they sold your upgrade to a GM for $29.

UALAX Jun 5, 2013 4:35 pm

I had a similar issue - I have 7 active reservations, but none of them are within the next 2 weeks. Got a call from United in the early morning hours with no message left.

I now have to look carefully at all of my reservations to see if anything has changed.

Doug 1029 Jun 5, 2013 6:25 pm

Originally Posted by AGSF (Post 20869880)
I had a missed call from united at 6:15 this morning but no voicemail like you'd normally get with a flight delay. I have a flight Friday morning (a little over 48 hours from this missed call). I called back and the agent said everything was fine with my reservation and didn't know why I was called. Any thoughts on what this could've been about?

I get missed calls every day without a voicemail. I figure if it is important they will call back. I sure wouldn't worry about it.

nsummy Jun 11, 2013 8:48 am

Reminds me of the time I got a call at 5 am to let me know my flight time had changed by 15 minutes. My flight wasn't for 3 more months!

lhrsfo Jun 11, 2013 9:40 am

My 7:40pm flight last night discovered a mechanical issue after we were all on board and had been asked to turn cellphones off. The Captain kept us fully informed throughout the one hour delay. On landing I had two voicemails from United, one giving a new departure time and the other, timed 10 minutes after the original departure time, advising that I now need not turn up at the gate for a further 5 minutes.

If they want to eliminate waste, this would be a good place to start.

Phil Level Jan 19, 2014 4:49 pm

Turn off phone call alerts and enable email alerts.