Wiki Posts
Search

UA Sued For False Imprisonment

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2013, 10:35 am
Ari
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by chinatraderjmr
She's actually what some (including me) would call an opportunistic media whore. Shes unfortunately very effective because the media loves to pay attention to her. UA would best settle this quickly s she will drag them thru the mud on every talk show and news channel that will have her until they pay up. thats how she is effective...it has nothing to do with her lawyering skills.
Perfect description of her. Also see here:

http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-li...allred/n12877/

Last edited by Ari; May 31, 2013 at 10:49 am
Old May 31, 2013, 10:48 am

Programs: Mileage Plus Premier Silver
[QUOTE=Or better yet, land in ORD and kick the jerk off.[/QUOTE]

LOL. This actually happened to a good friend of mine on a flight ORD-SFO many years ago. It was under the blanket. She told him point blank that she knew what he was doing and he'd better knock it off or she'd call the FA. He did. WTH is wrong with people?
Old May 31, 2013, 10:54 am
Ari
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by flavorflav
As a bonus, the minor female victim of a sex crime is lumped in with "some very shady characters...most of them just wanting attention."
She was hardly "lumped in" with them; the post explicitly excluded the girl (now young woman) from that group.

The first paragraph of her Wikipedia entry states: The New Republic has called her "a longtime master of the press conference."

"Media whore" isn't too far off either.
Old May 31, 2013, 11:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Enough with the discussion of the lawyer assigned to the case. And enough with the relatively graphic discussions and nuances.

Yes, I can simply ignore this thread, but this subject matter is simply not worthy of this forum.
Old May 31, 2013, 11:22 am

Programs: DL DM, AS MVP 100K, Amtrak peon, Colbert Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by aacharya
Yes, I can simply ignore this thread, but this subject matter is simply not worthy of this forum.
UA's culpability here most certainly is.
Old May 31, 2013, 11:44 am

Programs: 6 year GS, now 2MM Jeff-ugee, *wood LTPlt, SkyPeso PLT
Originally Posted by njcommodore
well I would have a nickel. Happened to me once. The guy did it under a blanket though. Not that it's any better.
The questions for our now SCCommodore are legions, I will not ask them...

Originally Posted by Puppenstein
How does Gloria Allred find all these people? That is the important question here. She is the very definition of lawyer scum. I just can't believe this story. There is no age requirement for when you can sue. One could say that she actually had more leverage when she was younger and should have filed the case then. I have been on a lot of flights and never have had any incident like that happen. Doesn't mean it is impossible, but I just can't accept that a flight attendant or any airline employee would allow for something like that. I am certain other passengers would have made an issue out of it.
Actually, they find her.

And unless the news/complaint/etc is lying, the guy plead "guilty." That implies there was something that happened, a criminal investigation occurred, and this guy admitted guilt. You can doubt the story, but not a lot of basis I can see to doubt it. Most People plead guilty to sex crimes and register as sex offenders when they did nothing wrong, right?

And I might add, that this also probably means there were other witnesses or a UA report was filed. If it was just he said, she said, and no contemporaneous complaint was filed, then its unlikely anyone gets charged let alone pleads guilty.

Now UA? Well, my guess is that a suit was filed as UA did not respond to an initial demand. That, and investigation takes time. Its usually why lawsuits are filed not immediately, but after some time, usually right at the statute of limitations (which in CA would be 2 years on most of these claims). That she was a minor extends the Statue of Limitations, but it does not prevent a lawsuit from being filed.

Finally, I think that the reports about UA sending a form letter in response is particularly impactful. Put that before a jury of 12 in LA, only 9 of which need to find for you, and UA is going to get smacked upside the head with a shovel. An organization that would respond to an issue like this with a form letter is one whose FAs would not do anything when asked. Just say'n that's what a JURY will think. Everyone will believe the girl, and if they deny that it was reported to them, no one will believe the FAs (and there may be witnesses or reports to validate that she complained).

Gloria will ask for and get $1-2M, but hey that is chump change. UA just gave an extra $150M in UA stock to some convertible bond holders over the coupon value. That is far more material than is this.

But hey, what I really want to know is was it a PMCO or a PMUA crew?
Old May 31, 2013, 11:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by GoAmtrak
UA's culpability here most certainly is.
I totally disagree. This is an MP forum, not a forum for every lawsuit placed against UA (MM and related lawsuits aside). I was not aware this was also a trial lawyer discussion board.
Old May 31, 2013, 12:01 pm
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz

Originally Posted by aacharya
I totally disagree. This is an MP forum, not a forum for every lawsuit placed against UA (MM and related lawsuits aside). I was not aware this was also a trial lawyer discussion board.
Agreed. Enough.

Anyone can feel free to start a thread in OMNI if so desired.

iluv2fly
Moderator, UA

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.