Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

So, I got refused admission to the IAD United Club...

So, I got refused admission to the IAD United Club...

Old May 26, 13, 10:11 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA Gold (free 90d status)
If my memory serves me right...isnt' there a Senator lounge somewhere in IAD also? Maybe since all the United members/ * Gold went there so much for a better lounge experience, United's own agent forget their own admittance rules...

Oh yea one more thing, if you're a paid member, you don't even need your card, just your boarding pass.
Old May 26, 13, 10:46 pm

Originally Posted by KevinB View Post
This morning I was flying IAD-LAX, and tried to go into the IAD United Club near Gate C-8. The sign said United Club, and I have a membership in the Club, so it seemed like a logical place to spend some time before my flight.

The woman at the front desk was busy, so one of the agents at the counter called me over, and asked where I was flying. I told her LAX, and she told me that "this is an International United Club" and turned me away.
Is at all possible that you may have tried to enter this club?

Washington, DC (IAD - Dulles) United Global First Lounge - United Global First customers Midfield Terminal, Concourse C, near gate C2
Old May 26, 13, 10:48 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LilAbner View Post
Is at all possible that you may have tried to enter this club?

Washington, DC (IAD - Dulles) United Global First Lounge - United Global First customers Midfield Terminal, Concourse C, near gate C2
Definitely not. I was flying out of gate C8, and thought it was great that the Club was about 8 feet from my gate.

I knew there was a Global First Lounge, and that this wasn't it.
Old May 26, 13, 10:51 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, SPG Plat75
Originally Posted by flyer89 View Post
If my memory serves me right...isnt' there a Senator lounge somewhere in IAD also? Maybe since all the United members/ * Gold went there so much for a better lounge experience, United's own agent forget their own admittance rules...
Yup, the LH lounge in Terminal B. Dropped my RCC membership years ago because of it, and never looked back. The UC's in IAD are so bad I prefer to sit at the gate than go inside.
Old May 26, 13, 10:52 pm

Definitely not. I was flying out of gate C8, and thought it was great that the Club was about 8 feet from my gate.

I knew there was a Global First Lounge, and that this wasn't it.
Do you have an annual membership, and if so why didn't you inquire where the club for domestic was located when they stated C-8 was international only?

Just askin'!
Old May 26, 13, 10:57 pm
Original Poster

Do you have an annual membership, and if so why didn't you inquire where the club for domestic was located when they stated C-8 was international only?

Just askin'!
I do have an annual membership, and since I only had around 45 minutes before I was boarding, and the gate was directly across from the Club, I didn't bother asking about other locations.
Old May 26, 13, 11:01 pm

Programs: AA EXP - UA *G MM - HH Diamond - Hertz PC
This morning I was flying IAD-LAX, and tried to go into the IAD United Club near Gate C-8. The sign said United Club, and I have a membership in the Club, so it seemed like a logical place to spend some time before my flight.

Just askin'!
Stated in the original post.
Old May 26, 13, 11:01 pm
Moderator: United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 1.85MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Gold
Do you have an annual membership, ...
as the OP stated
... and I have a membership in the Club, ...
....and if so why didn't you inquire where the club for domestic was located when they stated C-8 was international only?

Just askin'!
because the club @ "Midfield Terminal, Concourse C, near Gate C7" is an United Club -- for which there is no distinction domestic or international.
Old May 26, 13, 11:03 pm

:
He must have been on this one ---

Flight Information and Status Results
382|IAD-LAX|Sun., May. 26, 2013

United Flight 382
Arrived Gate 4 Minutes Early
Departed:
Washington, DC (IAD)
Date:
Sun., May. 26, 2013
Scheduled:
12:35 PM
Actual:
12:36 PM
Terminal:
Concourse C
Gate:
C8

Arrived:
Los Angeles, CA (LAX)
Scheduled:
3:04 PM
Actual:
3:00 PM
Terminal:
Terminal 7
Gate:
71B
Aircraft:
Airbus 320 | #4285

Last refreshed Mon., May. 27, 2013 1:05 AM

I agree with other posters and I'd be askin' someone at United to explain why he couldn't get in then!

Last edited by LilAbner; May 26, 13 at 11:11 pm
Old May 26, 13, 11:06 pm

Programs: United Mileage Plus 1K 2 MM, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Platinum
Did you ask for the two drink chits?
Old May 26, 13, 11:13 pm

Programs: UA, AS, AA, DL
He must have been on this one ---
Flight Information and Status Results
382|IAD-LAX|Sun., May. 26, 2013
There was also a flight to DEN at 9:48 from C8. OP didn't say he was non-stop.
Old May 26, 13, 11:21 pm

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA View Post
as the OP stated
because the club @ "Midfield Terminal, Concourse C, near Gate C7" is an United Club -- for which there is no distinction domestic or international.
You know that, the OP knows that, and I know that. My question for the nice lady at the front desk would be where exactly is the "Domestic Lounge" for a paid member if this is for International passengers only?

These people are taught not to bother supervisors and they also hopefully have enough sense not to call one, especially when they are lying.

My question would be WHY did this occur and what would be the purpose to fabricate an LAX destination as a reason for denial to get in? I recon it is to find out if the OP was flying domestic, but what the hey?

I believe the OP, but what is going on? I have NEVER been denied admittance and I have a lifetime membership.

The ONLY explanation is that they were too crowded and needed to turn people away, but fabricating a story to a paid member, pretty ballsy!
Old May 26, 13, 11:27 pm
Moderator: United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 1.85MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Gold
...I believe the OP, but what is going on? ....
poor training, disaffected employees, ..
Reading UC threads -- even stranger things happen, 1K denied as non-Gold, ...
Old May 26, 13, 11:58 pm

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA View Post
poor training, disaffected employees, ..
Reading UC threads -- even stranger things happen, 1K denied as non-Gold, ...
Many moons ago, I mis-connected at IAD and went to this same (C-7) club for assistance with my return to LAX. A red headed lady in there went off big time on me when I asked if I could be routed back home on ANY plane or sets of planes that had F/C available for the upgrade that I had reserved for the flight that I missed. The answer given was, this in NOT Albertson's where you get coupons for buying a lot of potato chips. If you want something for nothing go to Albertsons and shop. We're putting you on the plane that we want you to travel on and that one is full in F/C." "These mileage awards are giving people something for nothing and we don't like it one bit!"

My point --- These people are hand picked and after a while it is them vs you, the passenger. What the OP needed was names, and hopefully he got them, because if not, no-one is going to own up to this b.s.!

The #1 rule is names and a photo of the exterior of the lounge, and a copy of the UC card sent to customer service. Without proper evidence he is probably going to get his chain jerked around.

Good luck --- OP!!! ^ ^ ^
Old May 27, 13, 5:41 am

I've been to the Club near C8 many times as a member on domestic travel and have had no problems. Possibly the local manager arbitrarily decided to split the C/D Concourse Clubs into Domestic and International because of overcrowding.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: