Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Update on our Airbus Reconfigurations (Seats, Entertainment, Channel 9, etc.)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
View Poll Results: How do you feel about the new RECARO seats UA is installing?
I love them
1.83%
They are okay
9.57%
I am indifferent
6.31%
I don't really like them
20.98%
I hate them
48.07%
I've not tried them yet / no opinion
13.24%
Voters: 491. You may not vote on this poll

Old Jun 3, 2017, 1:01 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Print Wikipost

Update on our Airbus Reconfigurations (Seats, Entertainment, Channel 9, etc.)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2014, 12:09 pm

Programs: UAL 1K 2MM
Sorry if this has been addressed already.

I have seen two versions of the new seat.

Gray Seat: Horrid. Very firm back and seat. The bottom seat itself was much smaller. I emailed 1KV about it. My back hurt for days after sitting in it.

Gray Seat with Blue Cushion. The new seat but with a softer blue top fabric. Proving a more comfortable back and making the bottom of the seat longer compared with the gray seat. My first thought / hope was they made some changes based on all of the complaining.

I am not sure if they gray seat is just temporary before adding the blue cushion, etc.

Last edited by lesliegolf; Apr 17, 2014 at 12:10 pm Reason: Type fast, proofread poorly.
Old Apr 17, 2014, 4:17 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by lesliegolf

I am not sure if they gray seat is just temporary before adding the blue cushion, etc.
more discussion in
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...s-go-away.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...confirmed.html
such as
Originally Posted by EWR764
Word is the new blue seat covers have the "comfort kit" which includes some extra padding over the basic (temporary) gray covers that were on the seats when they were first installed. I take that to mean the gray covers do not have this extra padding but I cannot definitively confirm.
Old Apr 17, 2014, 4:20 pm

Programs: UAL 1K 2MM
Thank you kindly fellow wine person!
Old Apr 17, 2014, 5:28 pm

The ones on the CR7's are incredibly uncomfortable with zero support of any kind. My flight was around an hour and felt like I needed to see a chiro after.
Old Apr 18, 2014, 7:13 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM ★G | Marriott LTT | Hilton ♦ | Hertz PC | Global Entry TSA Pre ✓
Originally Posted by worldtrav
The ones on the CR7's are incredibly uncomfortable with zero support of any kind. My flight was around an hour and felt like I needed to see a chiro after.
Not to mention, it almost seems like UA is using these CR7's on more and more longer haul flights (LAX-AUS, DEN-CLE, SLC-IAH).... I have been on one of these legs, and it was hardly bearable. If forced to take one of these flights again, I will certainly RPU it and get into F. The CR2 used to be by far the worst plane to fly on, but the CR7 is now in the same league of uncomfortable travel.

Last edited by l etoile; Apr 20, 2014 at 7:17 am Reason: Removed manually added signature per rules
Old Apr 18, 2014, 8:08 am

Programs: UA/*A Gold, Global Entry, Marriott Plat, Hilton+IHG Gold, Hertz PC, DL
the seats are an obvious issue; something that's going relatively unnoticed is the tiny net storage compartment on the seat/bulkhead in front of you. i can't even fit my nalgene bottle in that. on 752s with the older seats i can fit a laptop, ipad, phone and bottle simultaneously. it frustrates me more than the seat.
Old Apr 19, 2014, 8:09 pm

Programs: UA Million Miler, Lifetime United Club member
Originally Posted by riphamilton
the seats are an obvious issue; something that's going relatively unnoticed is the tiny net storage compartment on the seat/bulkhead in front of you. i can't even fit my nalgene bottle in that. on 752s with the older seats i can fit a laptop, ipad, phone and bottle simultaneously. it frustrates me more than the seat.
The storage net is an outrage - one magazine is about all u can jam into it. Are they freakin kidding me? I think this is so they don't have to clean out the storage between flights.

Hey Jeffie - NOT flyer friendly!
Old Apr 19, 2014, 9:01 pm

Programs: UA 1K 25 years/2MM, Honors LT Diamond, AVIS & Hertz Prez Club
Originally Posted by elitefreak
The storage net is an outrage - one magazine is about all u can jam into it. Are they freakin kidding me? I think this is so they don't have to clean out the storage between flights.

Hey Jeffie - NOT flyer friendly!
I agree it is horrible.
How can it be worse?
WN bulkhead seats have one hard plastic liturature pocket for three seats so it's stuffed full. No place for your stuff at all. No tray tables in new seats in that row and you need your gear for streaming media. Try having beverage and nut service with an iPad a mixer and a mini plus headphones.
Old Apr 19, 2014, 9:45 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by SFO 1K
How can it be worse?
WN bulkhead seats have one hard plastic liturature pocket for three seats so it's stuffed full. No place for your stuff at all. No tray tables in new seats in that row and you need your gear for streaming media. Try having beverage and nut service with an iPad a mixer and a mini plus headphones.
The brilliance of WN is that they've trained us not to expect physical comfort. Works fine for short flights. Reliable arrivals and pleasant service out of one of the easiest airports in the country (OAK). But OAK-PHX is about the limit for me. Don't understand how people can fly cross-country on that airline.
Old Apr 19, 2014, 9:59 pm

Programs: UA 1K 25 years/2MM, Honors LT Diamond, AVIS & Hertz Prez Club
Originally Posted by Kacee
The brilliance of WN is that they've trained us not to expect physical comfort. Works fine for short flights. Reliable arrivals and pleasant service out of one of the easiest airports in the country (OAK). But OAK-PHX is about the limit for me. Don't understand how people can fly cross-country on that airline.
I agree on physical comfort and WN.
Ironically the bulkhead offers about 3-4x the legroom of domestic F. I just need a little space to stow during takeoff landing and beverage service.
Old Apr 20, 2014, 6:44 am

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
Originally Posted by riphamilton
There's a reason for that... the seatback pocket is not an approved stowage location for your laptop (and, technically, those other items).

http://www.faa.gov/other_visit/aviat.../InFO09018.pdf
Old Apr 20, 2014, 6:57 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by worldtrav
The ones on the CR7's are incredibly ...
Originally Posted by jjmoore
Just flew DEN-LAS on a CRJ-700 ...
Not the same seat as the Airbus. :-:
Old Apr 20, 2014, 8:35 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by EWR764
There's a reason for that... the seatback pocket is not an approved stowage location for your laptop (and, technically, those other items).

http://www.faa.gov/other_visit/aviat.../InFO09018.pdf
This says that storing up to 3 pounds of miscellaneous personal items *can* be safe and appropriate. (Anyone really think the flight crew should be enforcing 'magazines, but not paperback books, in the seatback pockets'?) But there's no way you can put 3 pounds of miscellaneous personal items into those stupid mesh pockets.
Old Apr 20, 2014, 9:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Originally Posted by Kacee
these days w/o an RPU i'd say the same thing about UA

i am still booking to actively avoid Airbii when i don't have the confidence of an immediate UP
Old Apr 20, 2014, 11:48 am

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
Originally Posted by DaviddesJ
This says that storing up to 3 pounds of miscellaneous personal items *can* be safe and appropriate. (Anyone really think the flight crew should be enforcing 'magazines, but not paperback books, in the seatback pockets'?) But there's no way you can put 3 pounds of miscellaneous personal items into those stupid mesh pockets.
True, and the bulletin notes that crews may use some discretion in enforcement.

I'm able to fit a wallet, iPhone, iPad mini and earbuds in the mesh pocket but that's about it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.