Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Almost all first class award redemption are gone in united.com

Old May 4, 13, 6:15 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, UA GS, AA EXP

I know trans-pacific and trans-Atlantic saver awards are hard to find for the summer. But it is widely available inter-asia and asia to europe. But Today I tried to get first class tickets from asia to europe. It is almost all gone even for standard award. I checked SIN to CDG, SIN to FRA...
Old May 4, 13, 6:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K, AA EXP, BA Silver, Accor Plat, Marriott Plat, Carlson Gold, Hilton Gold
I dunno... TG F seems to be very available, especially on their old A340s, just not for the summer of course.
Old May 4, 13, 6:55 am

Programs: EK-IO, UA-1K2MM, ETIHAD-GOLD, SPG-PLAT LIFETIME, JUMEIRAH SERIUS GOLD
Originally Posted by DOUDOU1980 View Post
I know trans-pacific and trans-Atlantic saver awards are hard to find for the summer. But it is widely available inter-asia and asia to europe. But Today I tried to get first class tickets from asia to europe. It is almost all gone even for standard award. I checked SIN to CDG, SIN to FRA...
Your not gonna find much from SIN. TG has seats all summer long in F or C from BKK to EUROPE - if UA.COM does not show a connection, just build it yourself. There are always seats from SIN-BKK
Old May 4, 13, 6:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1KMM, AA PLT, SPG Plat100/LTG, Marriott GLD, Hertz PC
If you're checking for this summer...not too surprising. Plenty of space in the fall though.
Old May 4, 13, 7:14 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Plat Premier; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
I was doing some checking last night for some award travel (not out of SIN), and I had the same thoughts at the OP. Even close in travel, checking multiple dates for TPAC....there was just nothing.

In the recent past, there were always plenty of options for saver first awards TPAC for close in travel. I was going to try again today and was hoping it was related to IT issues of some type. I know Friday nights are usually when they mess with the schedules, etc.
Old May 4, 13, 7:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K, AA EXP, BA Silver, Accor Plat, Marriott Plat, Carlson Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by goodeats21 View Post
I was doing some checking last night for some award travel (not out of SIN), and I had the same thoughts at the OP. Even close in travel, checking multiple dates for TPAC....there was just nothing.

In the recent past, there were always plenty of options for saver first awards TPAC for close in travel. I was going to try again today and was hoping it was related to IT issues of some type. I know Friday nights are usually when they mess with the schedules, etc.
If there is nothing TPAC - just go TATL, especially if going to the east coast.
Old May 4, 13, 7:48 am

Programs: UA nada, Hyatt Plat, Hilton Gold
I can't speak for close-in, but I reserved JFK-SYD in mostly OZ and TG F just a few weeks ago for early next year.

I won't be able to reserve the return legs in F on the routing I want yet simply because the partner availability won't open up for a bit; I'll book it in J and move it up to F once they open up the space.
Old May 4, 13, 8:10 am
Moderator: United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: UA Gold 1.8MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Gold
...It is almost all gone even for standard award. I checked SIN to CDG, SIN to FRA...
Standard awards are only UA/COPA metal (partners have to be saver inventory) and since UA does not fly Asia to Europe direct, the lack of Standard Awards is not surprising.
Old May 4, 13, 8:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OneSky Alliance Elite+ with Zirconium and oak leaf cluster, Braniff Unobtainium
OZ has blackout dates in the summer. That impacts availability.

http://efficientasianman.com/2013/04...es-for-awards/
Old May 4, 13, 9:02 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Plat Premier; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by rankourabu View Post
If there is nothing TPAC - just go TATL, especially if going to the east coast.
To clarify, I was searching for award space to Asia, and was finding no saver availability TPAC or TATL.

As I alluded to before, premature to make sweeping conclusion about overall availability, but I was surprised at the lack of close in saver award space.

Checking this morning, a few options are now showing up, but not as many as I am used to seeing.
Old May 4, 13, 9:06 am

Programs: UA Plat, 2MM
SQ rarely offers F to Europe or North America
Old May 4, 13, 9:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TonyBurr View Post
SQ rarely offers F to Europe or North America
yeah like... never...

*apart from a much-exploited glitch last year.

Originally Posted by goodeats21 View Post
To clarify, I was searching for award space to Asia, and was finding no saver availability TPAC or TATL.
TATL availability wont show up with a simple (or even a multicity) search. You need to piece it together yourself.

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; May 4, 13 at 10:12 am Reason: merge
Old May 4, 13, 10:06 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, UA GS, AA EXP
Originally Posted by chinatraderjmr View Post
Your not gonna find much from SIN. TG has seats all summer long in F or C from BKK to EUROPE - if UA.COM does not show a connection, just build it yourself. There are always seats from SIN-BKK
That is helpful, thanks!
Old May 4, 13, 11:39 am

Originally Posted by rankourabu View Post
<snip>

TATL availability wont show up with a simple (or even a multicity) search. You need to piece it together yourself.
Absolutely not true for everyone. Many TATL options show up for me to get to Asia on a simple, one-way search.
If you are starting West Coast of USA, perhaps not...but from the Midwest, I typically see many TATL options, through many different European cities.
Old May 4, 13, 11:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Premier 1K, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Partner flights aren't available at the standard level*, it's saver or nothing. And obviously UA doesn't operate any Europe-Asia anymore.

* They can be mixed in a standard award, but the same flights are available in a saver award.