Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

ADVICE NEEDED: LH not honoring UA MP mileage award

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ADVICE NEEDED: LH not honoring UA MP mileage award

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2013, 10:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Originally Posted by zombietooth
LH C class sucks.
I am a big guy, and LH's angled seats are the worst!
So go UA unless they give you what they contracted to originally.

Kacee is right, avoid domestic F unless you can get a connection on one of the 757/767s with lie flats that do some domestic feeders into the hubs before they go international.

I am a firm believer that a comfortable, "sleepable" seat is way more important than good service and food.
+1 I would take a C seat on a UA 747 (or even BF 777) any day over the horrid LH seat. Having flown both numerous times I can safely say that the food on LH is no better, nor is the service. I actually prefer UA service because they get the drinks and food out much faster than glacial LH, which allows me more time to sleep. IMO the only major plus to LH is Warsteiner beer (and of course the LH lounges which have those delicious soft pretzels, though at LAX and SFO you'll be stuck with the RCCs).

OP should be thanking your lucky star - to go from a stopover at EWR to a nonstop on UA.

Originally Posted by mapu
LH's new J seats on the 748 are better than LH's old J seats but still not worth suffering in domestic F for 5+ hours.
+1 I can't imagine why anyone would spend 5 hours in the awful UA domestic F product (at 38" the seat is basically 2 inches extra pitch over E+) not to mention adding another 3 hours to travel time plus the possibility of misconnect.

Originally Posted by AAExPlat
It isn't that it is horrible. It just isn't worth the extra cost over coach in my opinion. Service is usually stellar in either cabin....
I can't imagine flying economy ever again on a TATL or TPAC trip from the West Coast - I'm just too old for that **** now.

Last edited by Boraxo; May 3, 2013 at 10:27 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.