Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

"You Deserve Instant Elite Status" eMails from American Airlines

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"You Deserve Instant Elite Status" eMails from American Airlines

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2013, 6:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

When my brother was about 12, he went on CX F with our rich neighbor (who paid the ticket) between TPE and NRT (or KIX), we credited the flight to AAdvantage. Then a few months later, they gave him Gold status for the remainder of the year + next. So, I think AA does do some very smart and targeted marketing.
Old Apr 30, 2013, 6:50 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by username
When my brother was about 12, he went on CX F with our rich neighbor (who paid the ticket) between TPE and NRT (or KIX), we credited the flight to AAdvantage. Then a few months later, they gave him Gold status for the remainder of the year + next. So, I think AA does do some very smart and targeted marketing.
Old May 1, 2013, 9:07 am

Programs: Southwest A List Preferred, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, American Airlines Gold
This isn't just being sent to UA elites. I got the offer for Platinum, and I'm PM on Delta.
Old Jul 30, 2013, 8:30 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
I didn't bite on the initial offer; I received a second one today; same terms as the last offer for AA Platinum; just different dates:

Elevating your journey is important to us, so we're offering you AAdvantage® Platinum status through November 30, 2013.

You'll be eligible for elite benefits including:
  • Special upgrade privileges
  • 100% mileage bonuses on eligible flights
  • Complimentary access to Main Cabin Extra and
  • Preferred Seats
  • Priority Access at check-in and boarding
  • Two free checked bags

How about Platinum status through February 28, 2015? Simply register first, then start flying on American or select airlines* to earn 12,000 elite-qualifying miles or points between now and November 30, 2013. That's all it takes to extend your newfound perks.

And just for enrolling, we will deposit twenty 500-mile upgrades into your account!

Don't forget to register by midnight (CDT) on August 15, 2013
Old Jul 30, 2013, 9:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Originally Posted by FlyinHawaiian
I didn't bite on the initial offer; I received a second one today; same terms as the last offer for AA Platinum; just different dates:
any links we can test?
Old Jul 30, 2013, 10:31 pm

Programs: UA Plat, AA Plat, SPG Plat, HGP Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by star_world
It's fascinating how people applaud actions like this but abhor any attempt by UA to extend "their" elite benefits to those that don't "deserve" them as much as they do. Given that AA has close to zero insights on the flying patterns of a predominantly UA passenger, there is nothing to indicate that these offers have anything to do with trying to poach elites from UA. Rather, it's more likely that they flew AA in the past and this is a way of encouraging them to fly more. If UA tried that there would be uproar here.
I agree with your assessment about How UA elites would react if UA did this to AA and DL elites. Not having been on the AA board yet, not sure there's a reaction as of yet, but if there is it would be negative (as noted in the EXP challenge thread).

What I find more concerning is UA's inability or unwillingness to "protect" it's elites in some ways by either responding in some manner to its elites. Or offering industry leading products, benefits and services that are so good I wouldn't want to leave. Being proactive.

I didn't receive the offer and my flying patterns won't change due to company policy.
Old Jul 30, 2013, 11:59 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Amb, HH Diamond, DL Diamond and 1MM
Originally Posted by FlyinHawaiian
I am so jealous! Wife got the AA plat offer in the last batch. Me? I get zilch!
Wife did an AA-ticketed trip to Japan last month to fulfill the offer.
Old Jul 31, 2013, 5:35 am

Programs: AADULtArer
Once they emerge from BR, complete the merger and then 12 months out - Ill look at them.

Jumping for a BR carrier in the midst of a merger with US ? - no thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.