Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Is there a way to get notified if N (or any other fare class is available)

Old Apr 24, 13, 5:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: Star Alliance

Hello club,

Is there a way (thru EF or some other tool) to get notified if N fare is available from a particular departure point? Like N fare is available from SFO to .... on nn/nn/nn date.
Old Apr 24, 13, 5:55 am

Programs: UA Gold, Marriott Rewards - LTPP
Originally Posted by invisible View Post
Hello club,

Is there a way (thru EF or some other tool) to get notified if N fare is available from a particular departure point? Like N fare is available from SFO to .... on nn/nn/nn date.
Yes. Do a regular search for the cities and date you want. When all the buckets show up hit the alert button and it will let you specify a bucket and number (either a certain number and above or a certain number and below).
Old Apr 24, 13, 11:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS MVPG 75K
You can get an alert on EF if N space opens up on specific flight but not a way to get alerted if a corresponding N fare is filed
Old Apr 24, 13, 11:32 am

Programs: UA 1K
I've commented in the Travel Tools forum that EF should really provide daily update capabilities, permitting a daily (or more frequent) email with all of the fares filed between two airports, or availabilities for all of the flights between two points on a given day. They could aggregate them and only do a single query, so it could be fairly cheap. They don't seem very interested, though.
Old Apr 24, 13, 1:54 pm
Moderator: United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 1.85MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Gold
There are still services that do fare alerts for particular O/D, not a particular fare class but when fares drop, such as http://www.yapta.com/ Unless you need a particular fare class for a particular, it is probably the fare (not the fare class) that matters.

But if you are looking for any N fare out of AAA for anywhere -- such as for a MR, no there are no services for that. How to try to do that is a better subject for the MR forums.
Old Apr 24, 13, 2:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, National Exec, Hertz PC
Why has nobody advised the OP that N fares to SFO from anywhere, barring some trick, is not going to happen very often? Even super-cheap fares go into G. The last N I got to SFO was solely due to the VX match.
Old Apr 24, 13, 2:41 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott PP
On farecompare there used to be a function to look up the cheapest fares (CPM and overall) on a carrier from a departure city. This doesn't seem to function anymore. Is there a different site to use this?
Old Apr 24, 13, 4:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Star Alliance
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA View Post
But if you are looking for any N fare out of AAA for anywhere -- such as for a MR, no there are no services for that.
That's exactly what I am looking for. Well, seems nobody is doing that be apparently there is market opportunity and demand for it.
Old Apr 24, 13, 4:14 pm
Moderator: United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 1.85MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Gold
That's exactly what I am looking for. Well, seems nobody is doing that be apparently there is market opportunity and demand for it.
Farecompare.com used to have nice tool to sort by cpm from a specific start-point to anywhere, but my link for it is broken --- may be more in the MR forums. (ahhh... see trekwars2000 already has mentioned this and has the same problem)

Originally Posted by aacharya View Post
Why has nobody advised the OP that N fares to SFO from anywhere, barring some trick, is not going to happen very often? Even super-cheap fares go into G. The last N I got to SFO was solely due to the VX match.
because that was not really the OP's question -- OP is looking for cheap MR options.

I have an N for next month -- on a non-VX route.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Apr 24, 13 at 4:21 pm Reason: belatedly saw trekwars2000's post
Old Apr 24, 13, 4:34 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Well, seems nobody is doing that be apparently there is market opportunity and demand for it.
I think it's called the MR forum

Just a note: there are plenty of great non-N fares that are MR's by virtue of generous routings.

Search this Thread