Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Is there a way to get notified if N (or any other fare class is available)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2013, 4:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: Nothing anymore after 20 years

Hello club,

Is there a way (thru EF or some other tool) to get notified if N fare is available from a particular departure point? Like N fare is available from SFO to .... on nn/nn/nn date.
Old Apr 24, 2013, 4:55 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Rewards - LTPP
Originally Posted by invisible
Hello club,

Is there a way (thru EF or some other tool) to get notified if N fare is available from a particular departure point? Like N fare is available from SFO to .... on nn/nn/nn date.
Yes. Do a regular search for the cities and date you want. When all the buckets show up hit the alert button and it will let you specify a bucket and number (either a certain number and above or a certain number and below).
Old Apr 24, 2013, 10:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
You can get an alert on EF if N space opens up on specific flight but not a way to get alerted if a corresponding N fare is filed
Old Apr 24, 2013, 10:32 am

Programs: UA 1K
I've commented in the Travel Tools forum that EF should really provide daily update capabilities, permitting a daily (or more frequent) email with all of the fares filed between two airports, or availabilities for all of the flights between two points on a given day. They could aggregate them and only do a single query, so it could be fairly cheap. They don't seem very interested, though.
Old Apr 24, 2013, 12:54 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
There are still services that do fare alerts for particular O/D, not a particular fare class but when fares drop, such as http://www.yapta.com/ Unless you need a particular fare class for a particular, it is probably the fare (not the fare class) that matters.

But if you are looking for any N fare out of AAA for anywhere -- such as for a MR, no there are no services for that. How to try to do that is a better subject for the MR forums.
Old Apr 24, 2013, 1:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Why has nobody advised the OP that N fares to SFO from anywhere, barring some trick, is not going to happen very often? Even super-cheap fares go into G. The last N I got to SFO was solely due to the VX match.
Old Apr 24, 2013, 1:41 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott PP
On farecompare there used to be a function to look up the cheapest fares (CPM and overall) on a carrier from a departure city. This doesn't seem to function anymore. Is there a different site to use this?
Old Apr 24, 2013, 3:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Nothing anymore after 20 years
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
But if you are looking for any N fare out of AAA for anywhere -- such as for a MR, no there are no services for that.
That's exactly what I am looking for. Well, seems nobody is doing that be apparently there is market opportunity and demand for it.
Old Apr 24, 2013, 3:14 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
That's exactly what I am looking for. Well, seems nobody is doing that be apparently there is market opportunity and demand for it.
Farecompare.com used to have nice tool to sort by cpm from a specific start-point to anywhere, but my link for it is broken --- may be more in the MR forums. (ahhh... see trekwars2000 already has mentioned this and has the same problem)

Originally Posted by aacharya
Why has nobody advised the OP that N fares to SFO from anywhere, barring some trick, is not going to happen very often? Even super-cheap fares go into G. The last N I got to SFO was solely due to the VX match.
because that was not really the OP's question -- OP is looking for cheap MR options.

I have an N for next month -- on a non-VX route.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Apr 24, 2013 at 3:21 pm Reason: belatedly saw trekwars2000's post
Old Apr 24, 2013, 3:34 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Well, seems nobody is doing that be apparently there is market opportunity and demand for it.
I think it's called the MR forum

Just a note: there are plenty of great non-N fares that are MR's by virtue of generous routings.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.