FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   No more chocolate covered pretzels at United Clubs? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1460147-no-more-chocolate-covered-pretzels-united-clubs.html)

nyr2299 Apr 20, 2013 4:44 pm

No more chocolate covered pretzels at United Clubs?

Ok, this is one of the more ridiculous rants (blast away), but the united club seems to have done away with chocolate covered pretzels.... Very sad indeed!!!

rankourabu Apr 20, 2013 4:47 pm

I've only seen them once in a communal bowl at a UC somewhere, seemed everyone reached in to grab some with their hands.... I thought it was kinda gross.

IAH-OIL-TRASH Apr 20, 2013 4:50 pm

They switch out the snacks occasionally. They'll be back.

Boogie711 Apr 20, 2013 4:51 pm

They would always get clogged in the dispensers for me. You had to spin the handle back and forth 30 times just to shake out enough pretzels for a snack. Good riddance.

I'd like to see them bring back the yogurt raisins, personally.

IAH-OIL-TRASH Apr 20, 2013 5:24 pm

Originally Posted by Boogie711 (Post 20624775)
They would always get clogged in the dispensers for me. You had to spin the handle back and forth 30 times just to shake out enough pretzels for a snack. Good riddance.

I'd like to see them bring back the yogurt raisins, personally.

That's what I just had in LAX 6, as well as IAH C South. Your wish is granted...

Continental250K Apr 20, 2013 5:38 pm

People are so cheap. Just buy The darn things.

SEA1K4EVR Apr 20, 2013 5:47 pm

I don't think they're gone.. at SEA yesterday they put out a huge bowl.

saxman66 Apr 20, 2013 6:31 pm

Originally Posted by Continental250K (Post 20624907)
People are so cheap. Just buy The darn things.

But free ones obviously taste way better!!

The ones I saw were always in a bowl with a scoop so it wasn't too gross. I've been seeing chocolate raisins though.

highops Apr 20, 2013 6:33 pm

If I decide not to keep my Chase Club card I think I'll give this as a reason.

ncorman Apr 20, 2013 7:25 pm

Originally Posted by saxman66 (Post 20625062)
But free ones obviously taste way better!!

The ones I saw were always in a bowl with a scoop so it wasn't too gross. I've been seeing chocolate raisins though.

Only if there is a scoop and people use it.

UA1kMFR Apr 20, 2013 7:59 pm

there were lots in SEA earlier this week

cblaisd Apr 20, 2013 8:05 pm

Originally Posted by ncorman (Post 20625224)
Only if there is a scoop and people use it.

Is that what that is for? I usually just put my face in the bowl.

Although I must say it is much easier with the pretzels than when I had to try to put my mouth on yogurt raisins machine and spin the little handle at the same time while all scrunched down.

cranky1K Apr 20, 2013 8:54 pm

Originally Posted by nyr2299 (Post 20624753)
Ok, this is one of the more ridiculous rants (blast away), but the united club seems to have done away with chocolate covered pretzels.... Very sad indeed!!!

Just had some at SFO Terminal 3 on Tuesday. I think availability depends on the location.

Sulley Apr 20, 2013 8:59 pm

Originally Posted by cblaisd (Post 20625342)
Is that what that is for? I usually just put my face in the bowl.

Although I must say it is much easier with the pretzels than when I had to try to put my mouth on yogurt raisins machine and spin the little handle at the same time while all scrunched down.

No, the scoop is there so that you will have an easier time shoveling the pretzels into your gullet once your head is in the bowl... :D

GoAmtrak Apr 20, 2013 9:59 pm

No more chocolate covered pretzels at United Clubs?

At least the yogurt raisins are back. ^