Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

[TARGETED] 50% PQM miles promotion - TB5M11

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 17, 2013, 5:16 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: EsquireFlyer
For a limited time, you can earn 50% more MileagePlus® Premier® qualifying miles on roundtrip United-operated flights around the world. Purchase your ticket in United Global FirstSM, United First®, United BusinessFirst®, United Business® or United Economy® (F, A, J, C, D, Z, P, Y, B, M, E, U, H, Q and V fare classes).

Simply register, book and complete your travel by May 23, 2013.

http://www.united.com/web/en-US/apps/mileageplus/promotions/registrationDetails.aspx?promoCode=TB5M11
Print Wikipost

[TARGETED] 50% PQM miles promotion - TB5M11

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2013, 6:14 pm

Not eligible. 1k out of SFO, 26K PQM only this year.
Old Apr 17, 2013, 6:19 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Got the email as a Gold with only 10K flown this year.

Lucky I didn't book my SMF - RIC trip yesterday!

Probably will squeeze in one more trip to take advantage of this -- asssuming I can find a reasonable fare that qualifies

Sacfitz
Old Apr 17, 2013, 6:19 pm

Programs: UA/CO-GS/PPlat,AA-Gold,SPG-Plat,Hilton-Diamond,Marriott-Plat,Hertz-Pres_Circe
Surprised to get it as a GS who already has >100K miles this year, and always has instruments expire (ie, someone who could care less about PQM'S )
Old Apr 17, 2013, 6:33 pm

Programs: UA Gold-MM, AA Gold-MM, F9-Silver, Hyatt Something, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by eflyte
So far this sounds completely random
Humans love to connect dots that don't exist......
Old Apr 17, 2013, 6:36 pm

Programs: UA MM, Marriott LT Plat
I was targeted. I think I'll be able to take advantage of this with one trip.

Was 1k in 2012, dropped to Platinum this year. Roughly 30k PQM so far this year on $13,000 spend. A mix of international (business class) and domestic (coach).
Old Apr 17, 2013, 6:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by ORDnHKG
Why is it so many people being upset about the short timing of this promo or not elgibile and not complaining about fare class restriction instead ?

Do everyone that write in this thread realize the lowest fare class that qualify for the promo need to be V and or above ?

For many routes if you buy 2 tickets that are S/T/L/K/G/N, it would cost less than 1 ticket in V or above, and you are already earning 200% PQM normally instead of 150% PQM with the promo.
Yeah - if the fare differential between booking classes is significant, one really needs to figure out what prize is. If, at year's end, the extra PQMs get them just past the next hurdle, it might be worth it, otherwise, it's money down the drain if cheaper fares were available.
Old Apr 17, 2013, 6:52 pm

Programs: Former 1KMM now free as UA Gold MM, former HH D, Marriott Lifetime Plat
Huh. I was targetted--1K roughly on track for 1K again based on YTD PQMs. Less international travel than the past few years, but more domestic to roughly offset it. Denver-based.
Old Apr 17, 2013, 7:06 pm

Programs: UA1MM*GL/1K, AA, BnVy PlatL, HH Silver,
Got the offer. Typically would fly these fare classes, but no spend / flights since 10/12 when I had my 'final straw' F flight. I'm ORD if geo was a factor and I have put close to $20k for comparable fare codes on my U're in Chase visa even though flights have all been on AA.

I wouldn't worry about a flood of new elites as I think many have already walked away and will try their new airline for awhile...or at least the rest of this year.
Old Apr 17, 2013, 7:10 pm

Programs: None - previously UA
1K with 12k PQM - I was able to register, but probably won't be able to get much extra PQM from this - 28k of travel already booked.
Old Apr 17, 2013, 7:22 pm

Programs: UA G
Originally Posted by Boghopper
Between the fare class restrictions and the limited timeframe, pretty useless. The contempt is palpable. I got the email, but I won't be using it. I'll focus instead on my recent match to Virgin America.
If you're focusing on VX, which is revenue-based, why do you care about fare class for the UA bonus? It allows bonus all the way down to V, which is only a few steps above the bottom (NGKLTSWV, IIRC).
Old Apr 17, 2013, 7:26 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, Avis 1st
Too bad. My dad, a Gold down from years of plat, got the offer but I didn't.
Old Apr 17, 2013, 7:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: AA Plat / UA NOTHING / Alaska 75K / Hyatt Diamond / SPG LT Plat / Marriott Gold / Priority Club Plat / Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH
I wish they would quit doing these things. At least it's only 50% vs double, and only about a month duration. Still, it's gonna inflate the elite levels to some extent with faux elites. And at least they didn't include the cheapest fare classes.
Don't worry it will have zero affect on me and I'm guessing I'm the target. Ten year Plat / Gold that cut my 90% UA travel down to 10% UA about 6 months ago. Haven't looked back and haven't missed a thing.
Old Apr 17, 2013, 7:57 pm

Originally Posted by Red_Rob
Surprised to get it as a GS who already has >100K miles this year, and always has instruments expire (ie, someone who could care less about PQM'S )
If you have any last minute expiring instruments you want to toss to a lowly silver, I'm going to San Francisco this weekend on a G fare and have 0.1% chance of an upgrade. I would be forever appreciative ^
Old Apr 17, 2013, 8:02 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Marriott Life Plat, various others of little note
Originally Posted by unavaca
If you're focusing on VX, which is revenue-based, why do you care about fare class for the UA bonus? It allows bonus all the way down to V, which is only a few steps above the bottom (NGKLTSWV, IIRC).
More than a few steps (seven or so, by my count, or about half of the E fare classes), and more than a little $$.

As for VX, if you're just comparing FF programs UA's is better on balance. But if you're going by in flight experience or UA's contempt for "low roller" elites, VX wins by a country mile. Just sad their network is so limited. But I'm not comparing, I am just going where I'm wanted.
Old Apr 17, 2013, 8:05 pm

Originally Posted by Red_Rob
Interesting... 150k this year 1K and didn't qualify.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.