Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

[TARGETED] 50% PQM miles promotion - TB5M11

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 17, 2013, 5:16 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: EsquireFlyer
For a limited time, you can earn 50% more MileagePlus® Premier® qualifying miles on roundtrip United-operated flights around the world. Purchase your ticket in United Global FirstSM, United First®, United BusinessFirst®, United Business® or United Economy® (F, A, J, C, D, Z, P, Y, B, M, E, U, H, Q and V fare classes).

Simply register, book and complete your travel by May 23, 2013.

http://www.united.com/web/en-US/apps/mileageplus/promotions/registrationDetails.aspx?promoCode=TB5M11
Print Wikipost

[TARGETED] 50% PQM miles promotion - TB5M11

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2013, 5:01 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 3MM; Hyatt Glob*****; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by gene2632
Nope, I am not eligible....I guess being a lowly Silver scum does not cut it, once again..
Neither does being an over-entitled elite! Already booked to 119K this year.

Location: out my front door 60 min prior to IAH flight until they increased the check in time to 45 min
Programs: CO Platinum or UA 1K for so long, now almost 2MM
1k, 52K miles to date, was enrolled
Moderator, Delta Skymiles and Mileage Run

Programs: DL Diamond/MM, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Eligible, No status on UA... 1 flight taken in the last year on UA
Old Apr 17, 2013, 5:03 pm

Programs: UA 1K
So far this sounds completely random
Old Apr 17, 2013, 5:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Why is it so many people being upset about the short timing of this promo or not elgibile and not complaining about fare class restriction instead ?

Do everyone that write in this thread realize the lowest fare class that qualify for the promo need to be V and or above ?

For many routes if you buy 2 tickets that are S/T/L/K/G/N, it would cost less than 1 ticket in V or above, and you are already earning 200% PQM normally instead of 150% PQM with the promo.
Old Apr 17, 2013, 5:05 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Thomas Gregory
.... find a good mileage run to take advantage of this 50% bonus promo?
V-fare min even with 50% bonus and mileage run really don't go in the same thought. V-fares are probably >2x typical MR fares.
Old Apr 17, 2013, 5:07 pm

Programs: 6 year GS, now 2MM Jeff-ugee, *wood LTPlt, SkyPeso PLT
GS here, about 10K EQM so far (about 1/5 of where I usually am)

not offer.. I do have a sense of curiosity if UA will ever reach out to me and say "hey, after $50K+ of travel each of the last few years, we notice your flying fell of a cliff, anything we can do to fix it."

Alas saying sorry is not the Houston (but is the Dallas) way...
Old Apr 17, 2013, 5:12 pm

Programs: UA silver (soft landing from 1K), AA plat, HHonors gold, Ambassador club, DC
1k with 13.5 K EQM in 2013, and received the offer.
Old Apr 17, 2013, 5:20 pm

Programs: UA-GS, AA-EXP
I've had only 3 last minute trips this year on UA and was able to register. Sitting at 60k EQMs. Will probably be able to fit 2 more trips in instead of taking AA.

I'm really not sure why this was targeted and for such a small time frame though !!
Old Apr 17, 2013, 5:25 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA PLT, SPG PLT
Originally Posted by hobo13
So last year, we had the bungled RDM promotion and the ensuing clawback. This time it'll be for EQM's.
I forgot all about that debacle.

I guess there have been so many issues since 03 March that some are just falling out of my memory - perhaps that's COdbaUA's strategy?

Keep up with the bad news and some of the old bad news is forgotten?

I remember my account being subtracted thousands of RDMs for that promo last year after they had already been rewarded!

-jeremy
Old Apr 17, 2013, 5:32 pm

Programs: ua aa
Originally Posted by Rpcfly
I've had only 3 last minute trips this year on UA and was able to register. Sitting at 60k EQMs. Will probably be able to fit 2 more trips in instead of taking AA.

I'm really not sure why this was targeted and for such a small time frame though !!
I'm Prem. Plat. with only one UA. flt this year. As a lifetime Prem. Gold who's been flying US Air because of the current UA schedule PHX/ORD/PHX, it probably won't make any difference, but I was targeted and did register.
Old Apr 17, 2013, 5:34 pm

Programs: UA MM, AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTP, HH Dia
My wife (1K from MM'er match) always seems to be eligible for these offers... I never am. Kinda funny, cuz her EQMs aren't usually too valuable to us.
Old Apr 17, 2013, 5:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Originally Posted by Thomas Gregory
Can anyone suggest a routing for an international mileage run to take advantage of this promo? I am open to fly any route, looking for a good fare that would qualify for the 50% bonus. I need an extra 30,000 EQM this year, so if I could fly 20,000 on this deal i would accumulate the needed 30,000 with the bonus. I can start anywhere in the US , although I live in Grand Rapids Mi.( GRR). Can fly April 29 thru May 7. I would also like to use systemwide upgrades for the trip, even if the fare is higher to do so. any ideas?
If the fare is so high that already discounted to consider as mileage run material.

No mileage run would use V class to begin with, it often use K or G class for international.

I suggest you should check out how much is a G class ticket first, as V class ticket maybe more than double a G class ticket cost.
Old Apr 17, 2013, 6:04 pm

Programs: MP 1K/Onepass Plat 1MM, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat
1K. I haven't flown United in over 2 months.

They wouldn't let me register.

Apparently United REALLY doesn't want my business.
Old Apr 17, 2013, 6:10 pm

Programs: UA 1k,DL,AA
not eligible, can't register 1k for years, 65pqm's already in the bank for this year. I wonder if the target is geographic - i'm in NYC. doesn't seem from the responses that it's targeted at any particular mileage or status demographic.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.