Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

[TARGETED] 50% PQM miles promotion - TB5M11

[TARGETED] 50% PQM miles promotion - TB5M11

Hide Wikipost
Old May 2, 13, 1:01 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: EsquireFlyer
Wiki Link
For a limited time, you can earn 50% more MileagePlus® Premier® qualifying miles on roundtrip United-operated flights around the world. Purchase your ticket in United Global FirstSM, United First®, United BusinessFirst®, United Business® or United Economy® (F, A, J, C, D, Z, P, Y, B, M, E, U, H, Q and V fare classes).

Simply register, book and complete your travel by May 23, 2013.

http://www.united.com/web/en-US/apps...omoCode=TB5M11
Print Wikipost

Old Apr 17, 13, 3:54 pm

Programs: UA 1P
Originally Posted by musing View Post
I was targeted for this, but of course I just bought a ticket yesterday for a trip in the promotion window and my next trip returns just outside the window, so ends up being useless.

One more data point, I'm at 40k PQM (about normal), but I was looking and my typical $/mile is down from about .21 to .14 this year, who knows what goes into their algorithms.

If you booked it less than 24 hours ago, go cancel it and rebook.

I'm annoyed because I am about to book an international flight that leaves May 17 but comes back May 27. I'm guessing they won't give me half-credit for getting the first leg in during the promotion period but missing the return by 4 days. I'll be pushing 65k for the year by then and wouldn't mind a an extra 5k miles from that trip..
Old Apr 17, 13, 3:56 pm

Originally Posted by JetJunkie View Post
As one who wasn't targeted, where does one go to try to register for it? I can't find anywhere on the website to enter the promo code.JJ
Follow the link at post #6 of this thread.

Originally Posted by hobo13 View Post
Wife and I have identical flights so far in 2013. I got targeted, she did not.

I realize that it's human nature to try to see patterns in the noise, but it's pretty clear to me that this is entirely random. COdbaUA is sort of a random airline, so I guess this makes sense.
^^

I (*G, 8k PQM so far this year) didn't get the email (yet), but found I was able to register. Ms Thorgils (*S, 5k PQM), however, wasn't.
Old Apr 17, 13, 3:57 pm

Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH View Post
I wish they would quit doing these things. At least it's only 50% vs double, and only about a month duration. Still, it's gonna inflate the elite levels to some extent with faux elites. And at least they didn't include the cheapest fare classes.
It's unlikely the two dozen or so people who actually are able to use this promo will inflate elite levels. And they are probably already elites in any event.
Old Apr 17, 13, 3:59 pm

Programs: UAL LT Gold (used to be a 1K) 1.7MM, Marriott LT Titanium
Thanks for the link, mre5765.

Sadly, not eligible.

JJ
Old Apr 17, 13, 4:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Flying whoever is most convenient
Originally Posted by ChicagoDave View Post
It's not right when offers allow some people to get status with lower qualifications than others.
^

completely unfair when these offers are targeted. rdm bonuses, fine, pqm bonuses...trashy. especially when it is completely unclear what leads one account to be targeted over another.
Old Apr 17, 13, 4:28 pm

Programs: United Mileage Plus Premier
Nope, I am not eligible....I guess being a lowly Silver scum does not cut it, once again..
Old Apr 17, 13, 4:30 pm

suggestions for international mileage run?

Can anyone suggest a routing for an international mileage run to take advantage of this promo? I am open to fly any route, looking for a good fare that would qualify for the 50% bonus. I need an extra 30,000 EQM this year, so if I could fly 20,000 on this deal i would accumulate the needed 30,000 with the bonus. I can start anywhere in the US , although I live in Grand Rapids Mi.( GRR). Can fly April 29 thru May 7. I would also like to use systemwide upgrades for the trip, even if the fare is higher to do so. any ideas?
Old Apr 17, 13, 4:32 pm

is there a booking service that would find a good fare to use for this promo?

does anyone know of a booking service or travel agent that would work with me to find a good mileage run to take advantage of this 50% bonus promo?
Old Apr 17, 13, 4:39 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Kimpton InnerCircle VIP, SPG Platinum, Hhonors Gold, Hyatt Diamond.
Silver and not eligible. Great
Old Apr 17, 13, 4:41 pm

Programs: Current: UA 1K, AA EXP; BA Silver; Former: EK Gold (2004-11), LH SEN (2007-14)
I got it...was on track to make 1K this year anyway (at 51K EQM and am mostly flying AA/BA/CX in the coming months), but a little buffer PQM won't hurt.

The T & C says: "Offer valid for roundtrip tickets purchased between April 17, 2013, and May 23, 2013, for travel between April 17, 2013, and May 23, 2013."

What happens if a buy a qualifying international trip fare (V and above) with an outbound on 23 May and a return after that? It looks like I should get the 50% bonus on the outbound (would have purchased the RT during the time window and traveled one leg of it).

Do others read it the same way?
Old Apr 17, 13, 4:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by ddrost1 View Post
^

completely unfair when these offers are targeted. rdm bonuses, fine, pqm bonuses...trashy. especially when it is completely unclear what leads one account to be targeted over another.
I understand the rationale for targeting - but once again, seems to be zero rhyme or reason to their patterns. Typical NewUA analytics.
Old Apr 17, 13, 4:46 pm

Programs: United: Gold, HHonors: Gold, Marriott: Gold, AA, US, AGR
Not targeted....

I've done 10 segments with United already and have already flown over 25k YTD.
Old Apr 17, 13, 4:46 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, DL Platinum, Hyatt Discoverist, IHG Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, Regal Diamond
Not eligible as a Silver. Didn't expect to be, either -- 18K year-to-date PQM on cheap fares.

Maybe it targets those who purchased a certain amount in the listed fare classes eligible for the promotion (i.e. "You already pay for these fare classes, now get 50% more PQM as a result of it").
Old Apr 17, 13, 4:50 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Not eligible. 1k w/ 32k PQM and another 14k booked for late May. Am about to book a round-trip to Europe w/in the offer window. Bummer.

On the bright side, I received a nice invitation from the marketing dept. suggesting that I check out Economy Plus on my next flight!
Old Apr 17, 13, 4:53 pm

Silver, stopped accruing to United to focus on US Airways. I didn't get the email, but my number worked.
I have no intention to credit anything to United during this time period though.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: