Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

[TARGETED] 50% PQM miles promotion - TB5M11

[TARGETED] 50% PQM miles promotion - TB5M11

Hide Wikipost
Old May 2, 13, 1:01 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: EsquireFlyer
Wiki Link
For a limited time, you can earn 50% more MileagePlus® Premier® qualifying miles on roundtrip United-operated flights around the world. Purchase your ticket in United Global FirstSM, United First®, United BusinessFirst®, United Business® or United Economy® (F, A, J, C, D, Z, P, Y, B, M, E, U, H, Q and V fare classes).

Simply register, book and complete your travel by May 23, 2013.

http://www.united.com/web/en-US/apps...omoCode=TB5M11
Print Wikipost

Old Apr 17, 13, 2:27 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K MM; BA Silver; Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH View Post
I wish they would quit doing these things. At least it's only 50% vs double, and only about a month duration. Still, it's gonna inflate the elite levels to some extent with faux elites. And at least they didn't include the cheapest fare classes.
^ Totally agree (and I did get the offer).

Originally Posted by mitchmu View Post
Don't worry. Between the targeting and the limitations, the ranks of faux elites won't grow by any perceptible amount. And, anyway, they won't take away your upgrades. Those will still go to people who pay for TODs.
What TODs? Have you read that thread recently? That's a concern from mid-2012.
Old Apr 17, 13, 2:29 pm

Programs: 8 Year UA Gold/1P now nothing, Happy DL Plat
Originally Posted by snapper6768 View Post
I am not a huge fan of the purchase having to be after the registration. I understand travel needing to occur after registration but I already have several trips booked but not completed during that time frame
This is incorrect. It specifically says TRAVEL must occur after registration.... NOT PURCHASE.
Old Apr 17, 13, 2:30 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Ua Gold, GE.. Sucker for punishment
Not selected... and would not get any either (long booker)
pfft
Old Apr 17, 13, 2:30 pm

Programs: DL/UA Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Radisson Gold
Originally Posted by scruffair View Post
This is incorrect. It specifically says TRAVEL must occur after registration.... NOT PURCHASE.
Offer valid for roundtrip tickets purchased between April 17, 2013, and May 23, 2013, for travel between April 17, 2013, and May 23, 2013.

Also, apparently I'm not eligible for it. Didn't need it any way. lol
Old Apr 17, 13, 2:34 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA GM (2013 Gold, 2014 Silver), Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, IHG Platinum, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH View Post
I wish they would quit doing these things. At least it's only 50% vs double, and only about a month duration. Still, it's gonna inflate the elite levels to some extent with faux elites. And at least they didn't include the cheapest fare classes.
+1

This time I benefited, but finance is not eligible. It's not right when offers allow some people to get status with lower qualifications than others.
Old Apr 17, 13, 2:35 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Courtesy Card
Originally Posted by mitchmu View Post
This is my favorite part of the "offer" -

"Miles accrued, awards, and benefits issued are subject to change ... "

At least they're clear about it now.
Exactly. READ: "We reserve the right to job you, either by human or SHARES intervention."

Because the posting of miles from last year's promos went so smoothly. Once again, I'm unable to register so I won't have this issue. I actually have almost no complaints with my flying experiences recently but the IT still confounds.
Old Apr 17, 13, 2:35 pm

Programs: UA 1K, CO Platinum, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz 5 *
To help with demographics, I was targeted, buy tickets last minute and have been flying transcon every other week. I may squeeze as many as 4 trips out of this for an extra 10k PQMs.
Old Apr 17, 13, 2:36 pm
Moderator: United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 1.85MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by scruffair View Post
But travel booked before today is ineligible
Offer valid for roundtrip tickets purchased between April 17, 2013, and May 23, 2013, for travel between April 17, 2013, and May 23, 2013.
So assuming you register today, travel booked before registration is ineligible.
Old Apr 17, 13, 2:37 pm

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Got this as a 1K (and first time I've been eligible for one of these offers). Perhaps they were worried I because I haven't flown United in 3 weeks (vacation and brief break between clients)? Either way perfect timing for me as I have a number of WAS - LAX / LAX - WAS flights that I need to start booking for May
Old Apr 17, 13, 2:38 pm

Programs: 8 Year UA Gold/1P now nothing, Happy DL Plat
Originally Posted by demkr View Post

Also, apparently I'm not eligible for it. Didn't need it any way. lol
I understand this but that's not what I was responding to. The post I was responding to said that registration had to be before purchase and that's not the case. There have been many times where I found out about a promotion a week or more after it started and had bought a ticket before registering but after the start date. The rules here would allow me to earn on that.
Old Apr 17, 13, 2:38 pm

Programs: UA 1K, once-upon-a-time NW Gold, BMI Gold, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
So last year, we had the bungled RDM promotion and the ensuing clawback. This time it'll be for EQM's.
Old Apr 17, 13, 2:43 pm

I was targetted. 2011-2012 Gold member. 2012-2013 silver member. Mostly buy cheapo airfare. Have traveled about 8k so far this year. Just another data point.

So who is going to make a thread listing cheaper V fares they've found?
Old Apr 17, 13, 2:48 pm

Programs: UA 1K
This is the first time in recent memory I've actually qualified for a targeted promo like this.

FWIW, my EQM accrual to date is well below the benchmark for prior years. Mainly due to an unusual absence of international long haul segments, however my 20 YTD segments are feeling pretty typical.

Wondering out loud if they have taken notice to all the US segments I have recently credited to UA. I really don't relish this, but when US is 50% cheaper than UA it's difficult to avoid. I realize the window for flying US and crediting UA is closing, only time will tell what I end up doing next.
Old Apr 17, 13, 2:50 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Hyatt Platinum
I was targeted--Silver for about 4 years, never higher. 35k EQM this year so far, on a mix short-notice of U through B work travel fares, and T-G personal travel fares.
Old Apr 17, 13, 2:51 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA View Post
TARGETED
Yup! No go for me and a no go hat-trick for goalie-dad, goalie-mom and goalie-sis

Search this Thread
Search Engine: