Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

[TARGETED] 50% PQM miles promotion - TB5M11

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 17, 2013, 5:16 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: EsquireFlyer
For a limited time, you can earn 50% more MileagePlus® Premier® qualifying miles on roundtrip United-operated flights around the world. Purchase your ticket in United Global FirstSM, United First®, United BusinessFirst®, United Business® or United Economy® (F, A, J, C, D, Z, P, Y, B, M, E, U, H, Q and V fare classes).

Simply register, book and complete your travel by May 23, 2013.

http://www.united.com/web/en-US/apps/mileageplus/promotions/registrationDetails.aspx?promoCode=TB5M11
Print Wikipost

[TARGETED] 50% PQM miles promotion - TB5M11

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2013, 5:49 am

Programs: UA 1K
Has anyone see the bonus miles post yet?

Had a IAD-SFO hop last week that was booked the day the promotion announced and in a high fare class. Seeing the base PQM but not the bonus.
Old May 2, 2013, 7:51 am

Programs: UA 1K 2.7MM, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by ric_wx
Has anyone see the bonus miles post yet?

Had a IAD-SFO hop last week that was booked the day the promotion announced and in a high fare class. Seeing the base PQM but not the bonus.
I read the terms and they post 6-8 weeks after the close of the promotion. I haven't seen mine post yet either, so we'll probably have to wait the whole time.
Old May 2, 2013, 9:02 am
Formerly known as CollegeFlyer

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA PLT, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz 5*
I just booked a JFK-SFO RT but a V fare was 75% more than the T fare available, so I didn't buy the V despite having this promo. 75% more $ for 50% more miles did not seem worthwhile.
Old May 2, 2013, 2:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Wonder if the whole trip has to be V fare or higher?

Had a V fare on the outbound, W fare on the return....Have to see what posts as the T&Cs are not really specific enough to know.
Old May 2, 2013, 2:17 pm

Programs: UA GS, AS MVP 100K, DL Diamond, Marriot Lifetime Titanium, AmEx Centurion
Somehow I missed this...and just tried to book it with success. Already over 100,000 PQM this year (only about 20,000 on UA itself) and although I didn't receive the email it let me register. Odd.
Old Jun 7, 2013, 4:14 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, DL Plat,Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Marriott PP, National EE,Hertz PC
Anyone have this post yet? I know it says 6-8 weeks after the period ends, but want to make sure I'm not missing it.

Only had 1 qualifying RT (would have been nice if it was good on OWs) and on it ended up VDBing on the return from LAX to SNA, so if it doesn't post, will ask for ORC, but no sense doing so if it posts eventually...
Old Jun 9, 2013, 12:57 pm

Programs: DL DM 1.77MM, Marriott LT Plat
Originally Posted by pagotto
Anyone have this post yet? I know it says 6-8 weeks after the period ends, but want to make sure I'm not missing it.

Only had 1 qualifying RT (would have been nice if it was good on OWs) and on it ended up VDBing on the return from LAX to SNA, so if it doesn't post, will ask for ORC, but no sense doing so if it posts eventually...
Given that the end of the period was May 23, 6-8 weeks puts us at July 11-25.

Definitely not worth checking for a few more weeks, IMO.
Old Jun 9, 2013, 4:37 pm

Originally Posted by N515CR:20892352
Originally Posted by pagotto

Given that the end of the period was May 23, 6-8 weeks puts us at July 11-25.

Definitely not worth checking for a few more weeks, IMO.
I have been wondering the same. Most promotions say that it takes 6-8 weeks, but typically post in less time. I am guessing after uniteds recent poor experience, they are taking their time. Especially since it is round trip to the same city. They might actually be reviewing those types of restrictions.
Old Jul 12, 2013, 11:16 am

Programs: United, Delta
United EQM promo

I was told by a UA Mileage Plus agent that a bonus EQM promo was run in April/May but not offered to all MP members. Is this true?
Old Jul 12, 2013, 11:27 am

Programs: Hertz 5*, United Gold (Soon to be gone), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by haroldalex5
I was told by a UA Mileage Plus agent that a bonus EQM promo was run in April/May but not offered to all MP members. Is this true?
Maybe for a specific route, but not systemwide.
Old Jul 12, 2013, 11:47 am
Formerly known as iahsumr

Yes it's true...was only for pretty high fare classes though.
Old Jul 12, 2013, 11:58 am

Programs: UA MM, MB LifeTit
No, but there may have been a PQM promo.

(Sorry, I couldn't resist.)
Old Jul 12, 2013, 12:22 pm

Programs: United GS/2MM, DL*P, VS*G, AA*EXP, Avis CHM, Hertz Platinum, Sixt*D, HH*D, HGP*P, Starwood*P
Originally Posted by marvanit
Maybe for a specific route, but not systemwide.
You're mistaken. It was systemwide, but targeted.
Old Jul 12, 2013, 12:24 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Welcome to FT!,haroldalex5
Originally Posted by haroldalex5
probably referring to http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...on-tb5m11.html

I was not among the fortunate.
Old Jul 12, 2013, 12:31 pm

Programs: UA 1MM 1K, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Explorist, status-free on AA, AS, B6, DL, WN, Amtrak, etc.
I was--but I haven't gotten the advertised bonus PQM yet. Is it too soon to nag United about this?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.