Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

System showing I did not fly, so no mileage credit. I flew.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

System showing I did not fly, so no mileage credit. I flew.

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2013, 9:40 am

Programs: UA PremExec
Originally Posted by mgcsinc
The key is to buy something cheap in each airport and get a receipt

Ah, I see.
Of course, buying something in the airport does not prove you were on the plane. You need to buy something onboard with a reciept that contains your cc and flight info
Old Apr 17, 2013, 10:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EXP, AA-0.41MM, UA-Gold, Ex UA-1K (2006 thru 2015), PMUA-0.95MM, COUA-1.5MM-lite, AF-Silver
Originally Posted by SittingUpFront
I take screenshots of my mobile boarding passes.
One of the things SHARES does better than dot bomb is that when you check in, you can have a PDF of your BP emailed to you, and have a mobile BP, in one step. Checking in from my iphone always has this result for me.
Old Apr 17, 2013, 10:17 am

Programs: UA Gold-MM, AA Gold-MM, F9-Silver, Hyatt Something, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
To circle back --

I called yesterday about some UA-metal flights that didn't post recently. It was the outbound segments from a RT. I was told they'd post within 24-48 hours, and sure enough, it posted within about 12 hours overnight. Was not asked to play 64 questions or any other foolishness....
Old Apr 17, 2013, 10:20 am
Original Member

Programs: UA MM Gold, Marriott LT Titanium
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
YMMV - I've had more luck speaking with humans at MP
Always works for me including for code share flights.
Old Apr 17, 2013, 12:16 pm

Programs: UA Pt, Marriott Ti, Hertz PC
If you select "email boarding passes" when checking in, the system will send you a URL for mobile boarding pass AND a pdf attachment. No need to take screen caps of your phone or whatever if your reservation doesn't change.

Have you tried submitting the missing mileage credit form online? Wait 7 days (which is the 18th) before submitting.
http://www.united.com/web/en-US/cont...ageCredit.aspx

And did you call reservations or mileage plus service center? The latter are better.
Old Apr 17, 2013, 1:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Silver, Kimpton InnerCircle VIP, SPG Platinum, Hhonors Gold, Hyatt Diamond.
Originally Posted by gobluetwo
If you select "email boarding passes" when checking in, the system will send you a URL for mobile boarding pass AND a pdf attachment. No need to take screen caps of your phone or whatever if your reservation doesn't change.

Have you tried submitting the missing mileage credit form online? Wait 7 days (which is the 18th) before submitting.
http://www.united.com/web/en-US/cont...ageCredit.aspx

And did you call reservations or mileage plus service center? The latter are better.
Yes, I tried the online form. The problem is that it shows the miles associated with the eticket were credited as the segment from SNA>IAH does show up. Apparently it assumes all points were credited since at least a portion were. There is no way that I have found online to specify which flight # you are missing points from.

I called the MP service dept. Calling back again in a few minutes.
Old Apr 17, 2013, 2:14 pm
EEE

Programs: UA Gold
Yeah, I'm with the others. Always have them email you your boarding passes as a PDF. The United app on my Android phone then syncs the mobile pass just fine after that.
Old Apr 17, 2013, 2:28 pm

Programs: AA Gold, WN A+ & CP, HH Diamond, Hyatt Platinum, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by mherdeg
It sounds like you're in "hang up and try again" territory here.

If you want to make a big deal out of it, you can try pointing out that *someone* flew with your boarding pass in your seat, and if it wasn't you, there was a serious security problem that needs to be reported to the FAA immediately, and ask them to help you document the case.
How would that be a "serious security problem that needs to be reported to the FAA"? Think about every passenger on every domestic flight every day in the US. There is no ID check to get on the plane so anyone at anytime could board a flight with someone else's boarding pass.

It's apparently not that big of an issue otherwise there would be ID checks when boarding. Also, it's really just a revenue issue for the airlines so that you don't give your ticket to someone else if you can't use it.
Old Apr 17, 2013, 2:47 pm

Programs: DL DM, AS MVP 100K, Amtrak peon, Colbert Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by justhere
How would that be a "serious security problem that needs to be reported to the FAA"? Think about every passenger on every domestic flight every day in the US. There is no ID check to get on the plane so anyone at anytime could board a flight with someone else's boarding pass.
The issue is having accurate, real-time manifests should a security situation arise en route, or, heaven forbid, an accident occur. Not trivial at all.
Old Apr 17, 2013, 4:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Silver, Kimpton InnerCircle VIP, SPG Platinum, Hhonors Gold, Hyatt Diamond.
Called back and the girl I spoke with manually entered the flight/points/segment, in about 15 seconds. Asked no questions, had no problems with it, and mentioned nothing about there being reason to believe I was not on the flight. Annoyed that every issue I have with UA takes 2+ calls to get sorted.
Old Apr 17, 2013, 4:56 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by 0hw0rd
Annoyed that every issue I have with UA takes 2+ calls to get sorted.
One call to be accused of lying, and one to accomplish your goals
Old Apr 17, 2013, 8:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by GoAmtrak
The issue is having accurate, real-time manifests should a security situation arise en route, or, heaven forbid, an accident occur. Not trivial at all.
Interestingly enough, last time I voluntarily flew Delta, after huge weather problems in ATL, finally started to board 2 hours late and there were about two dozen, including my wife and I, where the boarding pass scanner beeped as if we were no longer on the flight. Agent at the gate finally realized something was amiss, and told us all to just find a seat on the flight. BPs weren't scanned. It was really late, so I didn't think too much about this, until we landed and I found my return itin was already gone. Then it hit me - they probably never knew we were actually on board, FAA violation all that, not to mention have no idea if we were included in weight calcs.

Originally Posted by UAkls
Of course, buying something in the airport does not prove you were on the plane. You need to buy something onboard with a reciept that contains your cc and flight info
Yeah, but if they decide they want to verify the purchase info. with their system, don't forget to factor in anywhere between 2 - 6 weeks before the purchase info from the onboard CC handhelds actually gets downloaded anywhere.

Last edited by iluv2fly; Apr 17, 2013 at 9:39 pm Reason: merge
Old Apr 17, 2013, 10:54 pm

Programs: DL DM, AS MVP 100K, Amtrak peon, Colbert Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by emcampbe
Then it hit me - they probably never knew we were actually on board, FAA violation all that, not to mention have no idea if we were included in weight calcs.
Great point! :-: W&B would seem to be the most obvious safety/operational consideration that affects all flights.
Old Apr 17, 2013, 11:54 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by emcampbe
....Then it hit me - they probably never knew we were actually on board, FAA violation all that, not to mention have no idea if we were included in weight calcs. .....
Knowing you were board -- possible not, although some agents will take the time after departure to clean up a situation like this.
No idea or not if this is a FAA violation -- do you have a specific reg in mind?
BUT I am sure they had a headcount for weight calculations. All that is needed is a headcount and occupied seat (for smaller aircraft). So, doubt there was any weight-related safety issue or violation.
Old Apr 18, 2013, 9:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EXP, AA-0.41MM, UA-Gold, Ex UA-1K (2006 thru 2015), PMUA-0.95MM, COUA-1.5MM-lite, AF-Silver
Originally Posted by GoAmtrak
I don't care if misidentified people fly.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.