Wiki Posts
Search

IAH -> IAD metal

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2013, 6:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K MM | Marriott LTT | National Car EE
IAH -> IAD metal

Are there any other routes that run RJs and 764s? How crazy is this? I'm sure there are positioning factors driving this of course. I fly the WAS -> IAH segs a decent amount and may start shooting for IAD outbound/inbound just to get on the 764s if i can schedule it. I'm seeing a mix of ERJ 145s, ERJ 170s, CRJ7s, 738/9 and the odd 764.

Isn't there something about UA not running UX flights on hub to hub segs? I've been avoiding IAD to get to Houston because of the RJs and most recently I've been going out of BWI because the fares have been cheaper out of all of WAS.
Old Apr 14, 2013, 6:56 pm

UA: All RJ's, All the Time

See this active thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...ew-rj-hub.html

United is rapidly becoming (for domestic flights) the "all R-J" airline. I keep flying RJ's between ORD and LGA!!
Old Apr 14, 2013, 8:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by eleeut
Isn't there something about UA not running UX flights on hub to hub segs?
Its PMCO to PMUA hub, and while I'm not 100% sure on this, as the contracts are still separate for the time being, I don't believe its considered hub to hub from a contract perspective.
Old Apr 14, 2013, 8:31 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2MM
Originally Posted by emcampbe
Its PMCO to PMUA hub, and while I'm not 100% sure on this, as the contracts are still separate for the time being, I don't believe its considered hub to hub from a contract perspective.
Even a PMUA to PMUA hub is now seeing some RJ service. ORD-IAD on some days, has a CR7 operating various flights through the day.
Old Apr 14, 2013, 8:45 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by mlx52
Even a PMUA to PMUA hub is now seeing some RJ service. ORD-IAD on some days, has a CR7 operating various flights through the day.
I believe the new contract permits a small number of RJ hub flights (~5% IIRC).

Originally Posted by KansasMike
United is rapidly becoming (for domestic flights) the "all R-J" airline. I keep flying RJ's between ORD and LGA!!
Well, you could fly DL on that route, with all RJs. Or AA, which will be switching some frequencies to E75s later this year. NK should still be all mainline on the route if that's important to you. :-:

ETA: AA is putting the E75s on their DCA turns to start, not the LGA turns.

Last edited by sbm12; Apr 15, 2013 at 6:33 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.