Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

United discontinued the ability to use Choices miles for up to 5K PQMs annually

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

United discontinued the ability to use Choices miles for up to 5K PQMs annually

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2013, 9:33 am

Programs: Former UA 1P
I just found out about this when I went to do my annual couple of K EQM bump from the chase choices. I need < 600 this year if my ~$1000 in PQMs post from November ticket purchases.

I'm going to be supremely pissed if I lose my status over this. 11 years as an elite, 9 as a 1P and 2 as 2P/silver, and to lose it over this failure to communicate.

Any good workarounds or last minute suggestions? Begging/pleading to either Chase or MP? I've spent over $40,000 on the card this year, so it's not like I barely use it. My annual fee was just charged this month (Dec) and not paid yet, so I'm actually in a position to cancel the card if making such a threat is likely to help.

That they didn't send a personalized email, especially to cardholders who have used this benefit over the last few years, is outrageous.
Old Dec 19, 2013, 9:39 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by studentff
I just found out about this when I went to do my annual couple of K EQM bump from the chase choices. I

Any good workarounds or last minute suggestions? ...
MR or
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...maximizer.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...us-thread.html

.. Begging/pleading to either Chase or MP? ...
this has been gone for nearly a year, many have complained and received nothing

.... That they didn't send a personalized email, especially to cardholders who have used this benefit over the last few years, is outrageous.
agreed
Old Dec 19, 2013, 10:02 am

Programs: Former UA 1P
Warning to others: Chase PQMs from united.com purchases may not be posting

Hopefully a fix for my issue and a warning to others finding themselves in the same boat.

I just manually added up my miles for the year, and I've only received 80 PQM for my Chase (old visa signature) united.com purchases in January (an award-ticket-fee). There's way more than the 1,500 PQMs I need from united.com purchases that haven't been credited, and I know for sure that text is still in the Chase terms because I just checked.

Originally Posted by Chase
Also, you can earn up to 5,000 additional PQM each Year at a rate of 1 PQM per $1 of eligible Net Purchases made on United.com.
So it looks like I need to call Chase or MP and will hopefully get a reprieve from this without having to buy pricey PQMs or spend the holidays doing an overpriced MR.
Old Dec 19, 2013, 10:09 am

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
I just manually added up my miles for the year, and I've only received 80 PQM for my Chase (old visa signature) united.com purchases in January (an award-ticket-fee). ...
you can go manual thru the quarterly MP statements and find the Chase Purchased PQMs
Look for "Chase PQM Bonus On United.Com Spend"
Note spend after Oct 1 is not yet reflected in the details portion of the statement but may already be in the YTD totals.

... There's way more than the 1,500 PQMs I need from united.com purchases that haven't been credited, and I know for sure that text is still in the Chase terms because I just checked. ...
the Chase United.com purchase PQMs (up to 5K) for select PMUA credit cards is still operational.

.... So it looks like I need to call Chase ....
Chase is the correct party and using their secure online e-massaging system is the most effective way to handle this.
Old Mar 29, 2014, 7:04 pm

Programs: DL Plat, B6 Mosaic
Hello all,

I apologize if this isn't the right thread, but seemed to be the closest one for my question.....

If I purchase a revenue ticket on UA.com and then use the Chase choices program for a statement credit, will I still earn PQD's on the purchase?

I assume the answer is yes, that I will earn both PQMs and PQD's because it's a paid ticket and the fact that I'm using my Chase points on the back end has no affect on PQD's, but I am hoping someone can confirm this for sure. Thanks in advance!

CK
Old Mar 29, 2014, 7:34 pm

Originally Posted by CKinMD
..... If I purchase a revenue ticket on UA.com and then use the Chase choices program for a statement credit, will I still earn PQD's on the purchase? ....
yes you will -- these will be fully mileage earning tickets.
Old Mar 29, 2014, 8:09 pm

Programs: DL Plat, B6 Mosaic
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
yes you will -- these will be fully mileage earning tickets.
Great, thanks WineCountryUA, that's what I was hoping to hear!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.