Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mileageplus Explorer cancellation

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2013, 3:01 pm
Original Poster

Mileageplus Explorer cancellation

Hello I signed up for this card 6/6 and got my bonus miles around 8/6. My annual fee is coming up quickly and was wondering how long until Chase takes my miles away after cancelling.
Old Apr 11, 2013, 3:17 pm
Suspended

The only miles you wont get are those for your present spend. I got the fee on my March statement but they told me thats when it was going to be on it, so I stopped using my UA CC back in Feb a couple of days before I knew the statement would close least the transactions miss that statement and be on my next 1.

I got all the miles for my purchases that were on my Feb statement, CXed my CC yesterday and they will be cutting me a check for all my Refunds that were processed since my March statement

I also got a Sapphire CC the other week so I can still put miles into my UA acct from CC spend.Plus they moved my CL to another Chase CC, so that I can still apply for other Chase CCs in a few months for those Bonuses. Doing a 2x or 3x w/o having the Spend to cover them all at once its better to spread the apps out in my case

now taht statement is true they will expire, what it doesnt say is that having the CC is but 1 way to keep miles going into the acct which keeps the acct active and the miles from expiring. They really couldnt care if the miles expire or not they just want you to keep using the CC and pay the Fee.So they word it sucha way that people will think w/o teh CC and charging on it you will lose All the UA miles in your acct. Great Spin but its not true, but you do need to have a transaction of some kind every 18 months to keep the UA acct alive and the miles from exping.That can even be by buying something off a site on their shopping mall stores and earn even 1 mile or by flying 1 flight on any *A carrier and crediting it to your UA acct

Last edited by craz; Apr 11, 2013 at 3:22 pm
Old Apr 11, 2013, 3:30 pm

Programs: United: Gold, HHonors: Gold, Marriott: Gold, AA, US, AGR
Originally Posted by Duaber
Hello I signed up for this card 6/6 and got my bonus miles around 8/6. My annual fee is coming up quickly and was wondering how long until Chase takes my miles away after cancelling.
Chase doesn't take the miles away. Instead, the miles will expire 18 months after your last "activity" in your Mileage Plus account. This includes using miles or crediting miles to the account. There are many threads on FT about how to extend the expiration date, such as buying a song off of iTunes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.