Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Guide to using United Miles for Award Travel?

Old Apr 11, 2013, 11:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EP, BA, DL, UA, TK, SPG Gold

Hi there

I was looking for a guide to using United Mileage Plus miles. Wondering if there a comprehensive guide somewhere. I was planning on using miles for a trip from AUS/IAH - IST - DEL - AUS/IAH for December 14th to 31st.

I do have the ANA Tool that Seth (Wandering Aramean) has created.

thanks

Murali
Old Apr 11, 2013, 12:15 pm

Programs: UA 1P MM, AS MVP G*, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
None I know of, except the award rules on the UA site but your itin looks good. You should be able to book it online as it seems simple enough. If not and you need to call you may need to go through a few agents if you want to cross both oceans. Some say you can, others you can't. If you want you can throw in 2 open jaws too.
Old Apr 11, 2013, 12:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
This is a good place to look. I found it very useful for booking a trip to Australia / Asia to at least understand some of the nuanced rules around open jaws and stopovers that help you maximize your miles on a round trip. Also a good place to get feedback on routing and pricing from some of the mileage experts on FT

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...solidated.html
Old Apr 11, 2013, 3:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EP, BA, DL, UA, TK, SPG Gold
Thanks. I will definitely consider the open jaw / stopover. The challenge i have seen with this itinerary is not the routing but the dates - December availability is very spotty.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.