Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Promo: 3 PQMs and 3 RDMs / $ for E+ Upgrades [TARGETED]

Old Apr 8, 13, 11:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Plat, Copa Pres. Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, SPG LT Gold, Marriott Gold

This probably won't help anyone on this forum, but thought I would share just in case (you never know). Apologies in advance if this has already been posted, but I wasn't able to find a thread.

One of my readers forwarded me a email he received from United offering 3 RDMs and 3 PQMs per $ spent on E+ Upgrades purchased by 4/17 for travel through 4/26 (promotion is currently underway)

Screenshot:

I'm not entirely sure what the targeting criteria are - maybe GMs who are past E+ upgrade purchasers?
Old Apr 8, 13, 11:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by milesmuncher View Post
This probably won't help anyone on this forum, but thought I would share just in case (you never know). Apologies in advance if this has already been posted, but I wasn't able to find a thread.

One of my readers forwarded me a email he received from United offering 3 RDMs and 3 PQMs per $ spent on E+ Upgrades purchased by 4/17 for travel through 4/26 (promotion is currently underway)

Screenshot:

I'm not entirely sure what the targeting criteria are - maybe GMs who are past E+ upgrade purchasers?
Fascinating. $80 per E+ seat translates to 240 extra PQM/RDM. Which we can argue is worth $4.80 + $24.00 (10cPQM/2cRDM). But if it were opened up to all, even Premiers, would be a cheap way to bump to the next level.
Old Apr 8, 13, 12:24 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K .97MM, IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond

PQM is only "worth" something if a small buy tips you into the next bracket.

In other words, I am being offered 35K PQMS for $3,500 (transpac). 10c/PQM. No thanks.

RDM is minimum 1c and of course goal is to get 2c+ on award redemption.
Old Apr 8, 13, 2:03 pm

Programs: UA 2P, UC, Hertz 5*, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by aacharya View Post
Fascinating. $80 per E+ seat translates to 240 extra PQM/RDM. Which we can argue is worth $4.80 + $24.00 (10cPQM/2cRDM). But if it were opened up to all, even Premiers, would be a cheap way to bump to the next level.
If it were to happen, the only snag is that Silvers would be the only ones to cash in since the rest of the Premiers get E+ free anyways at booking.
Old Apr 8, 13, 2:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by am1108 View Post
If it were to happen, the only snag is that Silvers would be the only ones to cash in since the rest of the Premiers get E+ free anyways at booking.
Golds only get 1 companion. They could try as well.

But I agree - this is probably only targeted for GMs.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: